How does Ticketmaster VerifiedFan REALLY work?

clopes

• Subscriber

@Max Tsukino, @mich40, @bigwave,

Any of you have a sense for answers to the questions that this thread poses?  They are pretty much summarized in the original post.  Of course Ticketmaster is probably the only one who knows for sure but the answers we get from a typical customer service rep there are not consistent and not particularly informative.  And I get the sense that the folks at u2.com/help would just defer to Ticketmaster. 

I find it strange because I don't understand what choices about the ticket sale process are determined by "the band" (or whoever they have hired to run the tour - is that LiveNation?) vs determined by the ticket seller (Ticketmaster).  I understand that LiveNation and Ticketmaster are sort of the same company but as a consumer it just seems very strange that there is no way to get answers about such fundamental questions from "the band" and instead have to ask the ticket seller where the person that you talk to seems to have absolutely no insight into these sorts of big questions.

Note: in the past I have tried to contact u2.com/help about non-subscriber non-presale questions and they always defer to TM.  Hence the above confusion.

• Community Moderator

The presales are outside the perimeters of our moderation duties. While we try to answer what we can and help where we can, at this time we can only direct you to Customer Service to answer your questions. 

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, mich40 said:

The presales are outside the perimeters of our moderation duties. While we try to answer what we can and help where we can, at this time we can only direct you to Customer Service to answer your questions. 

@mich40 This entire thread is about the public sale of tickets via VerifiedFan and not about the presales at all. 

Edit: there have been side conversations about the presale but it wasn't the point of the thread

Edited by clopes

• Community Moderator
29 minutes ago, clopes said:

@mich40 This entire thread is about the public sale of tickets via VerifiedFan and not about the presales at all. 

Edit: there have been side conversations about the presale but it wasn't the point of the thread

My apologies. Trying to read and respond to many different things. But the answer is that you need to contact Ticketmaster with questions about the general sale. 

• Subscriber

I've noticed that some of Ticketmaster's published timings for the Verified Fan sale have changed.  At this point, every show sold by Ticketmaster says that the Verified Fan sale ends on the concert date except for the one in Nashville on 5/26/18, which still claims only a 1-day Verified Fan sale:

Verified Fan Onsale
Start: Mon 11/20/17 10:00 am CST
End: Mon 11/20/17 11:59 pm CST

• Subscriber
On 06/11/2017 at 8:10 PM, mich40 said:

Traditionally, once they get the stage in the venue, they will have small batches of tickets to release based on spacing. They are usually unannounced (unless a fan sees it and announces it) and go very quickly. 

This worked well for Dublin 2015 for the last show. Literally bought the tickets the day before in the way to the penultimate concert of the set of 4 at the 3 arena. 

• Subscriber

Ticketmaster requires us to register separately for each individual show to which we want VerifiedFan access.  Does that mean each show has its own independent random selection process and that a fan will receive a separate code for each show to which he/she registered AND was selected?  Or is there a single random selection process across all shows and if a fan is selected, that fan will receive a single code which will work on all of the shows to which he/she registered?

• Subscriber
53 minutes ago, vertigojds said:

You get a separate link and a separate code for each show that you're selected for. 

Strange then that when they sent out "You’ve Been Selected For U2 Verified Fan Onsale" emails earlier tonight, it seems each person got only one and it did not identify a specific show.  

Then hopefully it will be clear as to which code goes with each show.  For the presale, the code was sent all by itself in a separate SMS from the link or any other context.

So if they do that for the general sale, and they send the codes very rapidly, it may not be clear which code goes with which show because it is quite possible to receive SMS messages in a different order than they were sent (especially if they are sent rapidly)

So is it says there is a 4 ticket limit per access code.  So that means you can buy 4 tickets for each show you registered for?  Or is it a 4 ticket limit total for all shows?

Also, can I make four purchases for one ticket each?  Or can I only use that access code for one order?

Edited by afg