How does Ticketmaster VerifiedFan REALLY work?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Each individual show has to be registered for separately so the codes are for that one show only.  If they add dates and keep using VerifiedFan, there will be some new deadline to register for the new

Traditionally, once they get the stage in the venue, they will have small batches of tickets to release based on spacing. They are usually unannounced (unless a fan sees it and announces it) and go ve

I am finding this whole process incredibly confusing. The steps involved are not transparent enough and are not described clearly, either on Ticketmaster's page or here on U2.com.  Because there

Posted Images

• Community Moderator
59 minutes ago, carlene13 said:

I’m so lost. Was I suppose to receive an email from Ticketmaster now for tickets in the morning? 

Yes. You were supposed to do the VerifiedFan registration for the General Sale. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, mich40 said:

Each type of sale in this cycle needed a separate verification? Experience/Innocence groups, Citi Presale, and general? Once I was verified for the Experience and Citi presales I thought that meant I was verified for the general on sale as well. I'm curious to know whether I missed a step or simply wasn't chosen for the general on sale. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, BarretoA said:

Each type of sale in this cycle needed a separate verification? Experience/Innocence groups, Citi Presale, and general? Once I was verified for the Experience and Citi presales I thought that meant I was verified for the general on sale as well. I'm curious to know whether I missed a step or simply wasn't chosen for the general on sale. 

Same here.  That's what irritates me the most.  I was registered/verified for the Experience group.  It wasn't made clear that I would have to get re-verified for the general onsale.

• Community Moderator
31 minutes ago, BarretoA said:

No, verification for the general sale was a totally different registration. The "Details" tab here, would have taken you to it. http://www.u2.com/soe_na

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, mich40 said:

I thought I did that already!?! Unbelievable. I give up. I never had this much trouble getting tickets for a concert. Hopefully the scalpers made a lot of money off the tickets I was suppose to get. 

• Subscriber

TM "Verified Fan" ISN'T working for MANY long-standing U2 fans!!!!!!! U2 basically let TM computer programs determine who THEIR "real" fans are which is a DISASTER because we're being shut out!!!  WHY IS U2 MANAGEMENT NOT IN CONTROL OF THAT???  Been a huge U2 fan for almost 40 years & wasn't "Verified" by TM to have access to buy general onsale tickets & put on a wait list??? WTF??? ABSOLUTE WORST TICKET SYSTEM FOR LONG-TIME "REAL" U2 FANS!!!!! Additionally the U2.com presale for MANY long-standing subscribers was a NIGHTMARE!! May I suggest they call Pearl Jam who NEVER fail their long-standing fans regarding tickets on how it's done. Let's see if U2 has the power to "Verify" ALL of their long-standing fans going forward or soon lose some of us permanently.