Sign in to follow this  
clapton is god

Lotterry for Pit ?

does anyone  think U2willuse  the lottery system  that they used for   the pit section  on   indoor legs,  on  the north  American leg in  2005  ?

From a couple of seating charts I’ve seen for venues, it’s going to be the same set up as the ieTour, so no pit. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mich40 said:

From a couple of seating charts I’ve seen for venues, it’s going to be the same set up as the ieTour, so no pit. 

Michelle, will the position of the Red zone section  be the same as  last indoor  tour  gigs. ?

I can’t confirm this is 100% accurate but this is what I’ve seen from 2 separate venue sites. 

95C5B38C-8805-4021-88F9-5BEDB029A37A.jpeg

I'd agree that the Red Zone for the 2015 was possible the worst Red Zone deal the band has offered. 

In fact, I honestly feel a little bit defrauded as someone who did buy Red Zone tickets in 2015.  When I bought them, the seating chart them available very clearly and unambiguously showed that the Red Zone surrounded the "e" stage, so that the small number of Red Zone ticket holders would have exclusive access to the stage area when the band moved down there to play.  That, to me, was worth that premium.  But before the tour began, but after tickets were sold, they changed the map, and made the Red Zone much less desirable.  Essentially, they offered me one location for $350, accepted my money, and then moved me to somewhere that was not worth $350.  No one from Ticketmaster, Live Nation, or U2's camp ever publicly addressed this or took responsibility for this bait and switch.  Refunds or exchanges were not offered to people who felt that they had been ripped off.  Apparently the concert industry is one of the last industries left where it's completely acceptable to sell a product without accurately representing what that product will be.

(Before the tour began, before tickets went onsale, the official press release also stated that fans should buy tickets to two nights since there would be two completely different shows.  The band dropped the two different shows idea before the tour began, but after they sold tickets to fans as such.  Again, no apology was ever offered, and fans were not given the chance to return or exchange tickets that they had purchased under false assumptions put out by the band's official representatives.)

I had Red Zone for I&E one night, and regular GA for a few other nights.  Most of the GA nights I showed up early in the day, but for the night that I wandered in at 7pm, I still had a better spot than I did with the Red Zone.  For this tour, I do not believe it is worth the extra money.

On 11/11/2017 at 8:11 PM, vertigojds said:

I'd agree that the Red Zone for the 2015 was possible the worst Red Zone deal the band has offered. 

In fact, I honestly feel a little bit defrauded as someone who did buy Red Zone tickets in 2015.  When I bought them, the seating chart them available very clearly and unambiguously showed that the Red Zone surrounded the "e" stage, so that the small number of Red Zone ticket holders would have exclusive access to the stage area when the band moved down there to play.  That, to me, was worth that premium.  But before the tour began, but after tickets were sold, they changed the map, and made the Red Zone much less desirable.  Essentially, they offered me one location for $350, accepted my money, and then moved me to somewhere that was not worth $350.  No one from Ticketmaster, Live Nation, or U2's camp ever publicly addressed this or took responsibility for this bait and switch.  Refunds or exchanges were not offered to people who felt that they had been ripped off.  Apparently the concert industry is one of the last industries left where it's completely acceptable to sell a product without accurately representing what that product will be.

(Before the tour began, before tickets went onsale, the official press release also stated that fans should buy tickets to two nights since there would be two completely different shows.  The band dropped the two different shows idea before the tour began, but after they sold tickets to fans as such.  Again, no apology was ever offered, and fans were not given the chance to return or exchange tickets that they had purchased under false assumptions put out by the band's official representatives.)

I had Red Zone for I&E one night, and regular GA for a few other nights.  Most of the GA nights I showed up early in the day, but for the night that I wandered in at 7pm, I still had a better spot than I did with the Red Zone.  For this tour, I do not believe it is worth the extra money.

Although the RedZone positions are indeed pretty much crap, I don't believe there's any requirement that a RZ ticket holder has to STAY in the RedZone.  Like so many other tours, I'm pretty sure a RZ ticketholder can just mingle in with the rest of the GA crowd.  Overpriced?  Yeah.  But a totally sucky position?  Only if you stay there.....

Red Zone has always been at very good locations on the floor but not the very best. It means that you don't have to pay for Red Zone to be in the best spots, but if you do pay for it you don't have to line up for hours to get a decent position. I think that's fair.

15 hours ago, cmooreNC said:

Although the RedZone positions are indeed pretty much crap, I don't believe there's any requirement that a RZ ticket holder has to STAY in the RedZone.  Like so many other tours, I'm pretty sure a RZ ticketholder can just mingle in with the rest of the GA crowd.  Overpriced?  Yeah.  But a totally sucky position?  Only if you stay there.....

59 minutes ago, cerulean said:

Red Zone has always been at very good locations on the floor but not the very best. It means that you don't have to pay for Red Zone to be in the best spots, but if you do pay for it you don't have to line up for hours to get a decent position. I think that's fair.

My objection to how the Red Zone was run in 2015 has to do with the way the tickets were sold.  At the time the tickets went onsale, when we were asked to pay $325 (I think that was the 2015 price), we were shown a specific location on the map for where the Red Zone would be: surrounding the e-stage, which would have been a phenomenal location and a tremendous benefit to the ticket.  However, once the (non-refundable, non-exchangeable) tickets were sold, the location of the Red Zone was moved away from the e-stage and to the extreme sides of the main stage.

Simply put, I don't think it's right that they charged us over $300 a ticket and promised us one location, and then after accepting our money, changed the location to a less desirable one.

In what other business is it okay for the merchant to change your purchase, without warning or option, after you've already paid?