Renewal required or not??

• Subscriber

It's getting very confusing now. In my account info it doesn't state that I have to renew my subscription to become verified for the US presale regardless of using my presale code for the JT tour. But in other parts of the site it says I do.

Some people have reported that the setup complete is now ok without resubscribing.

• Subscriber

I saw the same issue on my wife's account....where we didn't resubscribe but now it show 'SETUP COMPLETE'.  Not sure why this is happening, I thought maybe because we had used our code for the cancelled St. Louis JT Show, that maybe U2.com just reactivated it since I used it on a show that didn't happen.  But if others are having this issue, I guess its probably an issue with U2.com acounts.  It gives me very little hope that the presales will go smoothly, but hopefully this is the only issue they have.  

For those affected, I would error on the side of caution and resubscribe.  This way if something happens and you don't get a code, at least you have a leg to stand on because you followed all of the steps.  That's what I am going to do anyway.

• Subscriber

Same situation. My account runs to June next year. I’m an in the long time subscriber Experience group and I attached my Ticketmaster account and didn’t resubcribe, and  I’m showing as set up complete. My e mail notification made no mention of needing to resubscribe even though I did use my code to go to shows earlier in the year.

my husband in the Innocence group whose expiry is Jan next year is showing as having to resubscribe as well as attach the Ticketmaster account. His e mail stated that due to his having used codes for the tour this year he needs to resubscribe as well to enter the pre sales.

I wonder if the Experience subscribers  are being exempt from having to resubscribe.... or maybe it’s to do with the timing of the subscription expiry...

• Subscriber

Can somebody please clarify why existing members need to take out membership again? I have renewed every year and that includes the years when the band were not touring.

After renewing last September I was able to get tickets this year for the Joshua Tree tour. I don’t think it is fair to except existing members to Renee early to get first dibs for the new tour.

Am seriously thinking of giving this a miss for the first time ever.

Also does the verified fan on Ticketmaster only apply to North America and not Europe.

Hope somebody can provide some clarity here.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

Folks, whether we like it or not, seems to me the rules are clear (see FAQs, etc.).  Everybody has to renew UNLESS you're both currently paid up AND didn't use any presale codes for the JT tour.

• Subscriber

Hi.

I got the green "SETUP COMPLETE" but I have not renewed yet.  My subscription ends Jan. 31, 2018.  I am not clear on if you can have your set up complete but still need to renew - or not. I am looking through info trying to find an answer.....

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, alanelise said:

They are not clear. Some people have instructions in their account that does not include renewing. So are able to have setup complete status without renewing.

I'd bet money that's a snafu--among other things, as mentioned earlier in this thread, different people in similar subscription/bought JT presale tix are receiving conflicting email instructions--which simply cannot be right.  Also, the FAQ/published rules are very clear, and it'd be foolish to not obey those, unless they are specifically countermanded by the mods (or actually changed). 

Edited by mike7man