Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dawnboo

Presale Codes Not Guaranteed for Fan Club Members?

Recommended Posts

I've been a member for years.  Am in the Experience group.  Got an email last night saying that I was "verified" and selected and would be receiving my code via text this morning about two to four hours prior to the presale start time.  Then two hours later I got a "Correction" email saying, in essence, "ooops, we were wrong, you're not approved and you're not getting a code but if you'd like to get a refund on your fanclub membership here's how to apply to get one...."

Do I buy a lot of tickets from Ticketmaster?  Yes.  I've been to 71 concerts this year.  I see a LOT of shows by many different musicians.  I happen to love live music!  Do I occasionally resell tickets?  Yes, as sometimes I buy tickets for a show and can't attend.  When I can't go, or otherwise have extras, I am usually reselling them at or below cost.  I have no idea if my "history" is what has triggered their algorithms to label me as a "scalper" or "potential scalper" or whatever, but to say I'm not happy right now is an understatement.  :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The podcast was wrong. The TM Verified platform is shit. We’re getting screwed. Time for a membership refund....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been a fan club member since before U2.com.  I received the verification email last night and then got a rejection correction email this morning.  This is bullshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KirstenM said:

I've been a fan club member since before U2.com.  I received the verification email last night and then got a rejection correction email this morning.  This is bullshit.

I hope they are kidding me, too. Have been paid member several years now and got very same "CORRECTION" mail this morning. WTF???

Can anyone from U2.com tell me a reason of it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not get a code and I am listed as an Experience member. So screwed up. Of course the phone number is busy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, cmooreNC said:

I've been a member for years.  Am in the Experience group.  Got an email last night saying that I was "verified" and selected and would be receiving my code via text this morning about two to four hours prior to the presale start time.  Then two hours later I got a "Correction" email saying, in essence, "ooops, we were wrong, you're not approved and you're not getting a code but if you'd like to get a refund on your fanclub membership here's how to apply to get one...."

 

This also happened to me as well but I did get the code in a text message. Frustrating!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, khoobo said:

I hope they are kidding me, too. Have been paid member several years now and got very same "CORRECTION" mail this morning. WTF???

Can anyone from U2.com tell me a reason of it? 

Check the other thread. It’s a lottery system and people are getting screwed. Many experience people will be rejected, even though many innocence people will get codes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CatKim said:

This also happened to me as well but I did get the code in a text message. Frustrating!!

Congratulations on getting a code.  I still have not received one and my presale starts in less than 30 minutes, so I guess I'm SOL for this go 'round.  But hopefully I'll get one for the Citibank presale and there will be some GAs left for Nashville when I get my opportunity to try to buy tix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We pay for a membership to get a code. Anyone who doesn't get a code should get a refund. It's ridiculous how screwed up this presale has been. I've been doing these presales with the band for a long time and always gotten a code. Today, they have screwed over some long time fans. I won't forget.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.