Jump to content

Presale Codes Not Guaranteed for Fan Club Members?


Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber

I have been a U2.com subscriber for many years as well.  My membership did lapse once because my email address changed and I didn't renew in time.  This was a few years ago but I am still considered a 'newbie'. I've seen every tour since the original Joshua Tree multiple times and have spent an incredible amount of $ on all things U2, it has been the 'splurge' in my life and something I absolutely loved.  My pre-sale is supposedly tomorrow - I did not receive the email that was supposed to be send to EVERYONE on the 13th.  I am really hoping that I am able to get a code. My Joshua Tree 2017 pre-sale and credit card ticket experience was a disaster and honestly, the show was a bit disappointing and the GA crowd where we were standing were obnoxious.(Levi's Stadium  - Santa Clara).    If I don't get a code, it may be time to re-think my loyalty.  I know they don't read these, I wonder if they know how horribly the real fans are affected by all these ticketing issues.  Now I hear that a 'fan score' is taken into consideration and your score is based on your social media presence.  Are you kidding me?  Sure, I have a FB, Twitter and Instagram account - am I active on them? NO!  I am an active 50 year old professional with a family and responsibilities - I don't hang out on social media and I am not going to change that to get access to a ticket pre-sale.  If this is how they are deciding whether or not a person gets a code....I am done with this whole thing and unfortunately, right or wrong, will resent the band for it.

Edited by stacigwalker
Update - Expecting the worst but I got the best! Got my code with no issue and VIP tickets. I went big JIC it's my last show. I am so relieved! First world problems, I know - I'm very grateful for this life and very grateful that fandom paid off!
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't panic. Bigwave explained it on the @u2 podcast today (https://www.pscp.tv/iChris/1zqKVMkvEylxB?t=46) If you have the green "setup complete" button and you are not a ticket scalper with a Ticketm

PM the mods (see Subscription 2018 FAQ thread), they are working to get codes for everyone. It does take time, but they need your information to make it happen. 

I'm going to be pretty pissed if subscribers don't get a code.  That should be universal. I can grudgingly accept Ticketmaster not giving all 'verified' fans a code for the general sale. (I think

  • Subscriber
19 hours ago, JCF said:

Don't panic. Bigwave explained it on the @u2 podcast today (https://www.pscp.tv/iChris/1zqKVMkvEylxB?t=46) If you have the green "setup complete" button and you are not a ticket scalper with a Ticketmaster history of suspicious purchases, you will be fine, you will get a code! That fine print language is in there to cover the fact that if someone  has a suspicious ticket purchase history, that looks like they could be a scalper, then they would theoretically be denied a code. That's what I came away understanding after watching the podcast.  Thanks Bigwave!

Now we know this is not true!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
33 minutes ago, stacigwalker said:

I have been a U2.com subscriber for many years as well.  My membership did lapse once because my email address changed and I didn't renew in time.  This was a few years ago but I am still considered a 'newbie'. I've seen every tour since the original Joshua Tree multiple times and have spent an incredible amount of $ on all things U2, it has been the 'splurge' in my life and something I absolutely loved.  My pre-sale is supposedly tomorrow - I did not receive the email that was supposed to be send to EVERYONE on the 13th.  I am really hoping that I am able to get a code. My Joshua Tree 2017 pre-sale and credit card ticket experience was a disaster and honestly, the show was a bit disappointing and the GA crowd where we were standing were obnoxious.(Levi's Stadium  - Santa Clara).    If I don't get a code, it may be time to re-think my loyalty.  I know they don't read these, I wonder if they know how horribly the real fans are affected by all these ticketing issues.  Now I hear that a 'fan score' is taken into consideration and your score is based on your social media presence.  Are you kidding me?  Sure, I have a FB, Twitter and Instagram account - am I active on them? NO!  I am an active 50 year old professional with a family and responsibilities - I don't hang out on social media and I am not going to change that to get access to a ticket pre-sale.  If this is how they are deciding whether or not a person gets a code....I am done with this whole thing and unfortunately, right or wrong, will resent the band for it.

I feel for you and hope you get tickets.  I know that social media presence is a factor to get Taylor Swift tickets who is also using the Verified Fan thing.  As far as I know social media has zero to do with the process for U2.  I have zero social media presence and I got an experience code.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

So, what are my options if I have a subscription presale code however need more than 2 tickets? If i wait for the verified fan presale as a subscription member will I get a code so I can get up to 4? My kids are all minor so we need to sit together. What are my options?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
6 minutes ago, omnivox said:

So, what are my options if I have a subscription presale code however need more than 2 tickets? If i wait for the verified fan presale as a subscription member will I get a code so I can get up to 4? My kids are all minor so we need to sit together. What are my options?

The typical quantities for pre-sale tickets has been 2 tickets for arena shows and 4 tickets for outdoor stadium shows.    Did you register to be a verified subscription U2.com fan member before the cut-off registration deadline of 11/12?   If not, you probably won't get a U2 verified fan presale code.   However, if you have a Citibank credit card, you can register as a verified fan through Citibank presale which begins tomorrow -- the Citibank verified fans are allowed up to 4 tickets.     Not sure if that registration deadline has passed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
On 11/14/2017 at 5:27 AM, cmooreNC said:

Do I buy a lot of tickets from Ticketmaster?  Yes.  I've been to 71 concerts this year.  I see a LOT of shows by many different musicians.  I happen to love live music!  Do I occasionally resell tickets?  Yes, as sometimes I buy tickets for a show and can't attend.  When I can't go, or otherwise have extras, I am usually reselling them at or below cost.  I have no idea if my "history" is what has triggered their algorithms to label me as a "scalper" or "potential scalper" or whatever, but to say I'm not happy right now is an understatement.  :-(

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm beginning to think this is what's happening, that this flawed system is mistakenly flagging people who are fans as "scalpers", and now the Mods are trying to sort it out person by person. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, zoomcat said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm beginning to think this is what's happening, that this flawed system is mistakenly flagging people who are fans as "scalpers", and now the Mods are trying to sort it out person by person. 

And clearly the mods got overwhelmed and were told to back away from the whole situation, which is sad.  Not that I'm blaming them at all, but I think the saddest thing about this is that in order to "battle the bots" Ticketmaster has set up their own un-human system.  We may need to go back to the days of lining up at the box office and buying our tickets in person.  Yes, there will still be "scalpers" who get on the line or pay someone to get on the line, but at least we're then back to humans dealing with humans.  All this "automation" is clearly not working for everyone.  :-(

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, cmooreNC said:

And clearly the mods got overwhelmed and were told to back away from the whole situation, which is sad.  Not that I'm blaming them at all, but I think the saddest thing about this is that in order to "battle the bots" Ticketmaster has set up their own un-human system.  We may need to go back to the days of lining up at the box office and buying our tickets in person.  Yes, there will still be "scalpers" who get on the line or pay someone to get on the line, but at least we're then back to humans dealing with humans.  All this "automation" is clearly not working for everyone.  :-(

Yeah, the good ol' days, lining up in front of a record store with a TM booth!  I'm beginning to think thats not such a bad idea. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

I have a feeling bigwave and this site will just "pass the buck" and say it is the "verified" process or it's TM fault this happened to receiving a verified email followed by a rejection email.  It seems that if a fan wants to go to see U2, this process is directing them to the scalpers, as some of us won't be able to purchase "face value" tickets when tickets go on sale thru pre-sales or public sales.  Oh the scalpers must be licking their chops...

I looked at the help post, as directed from this website, and it doesn't appear to have been updated since this site took a holiday yesterday.  No explanation as to why some folks received "Yup, you  are verified" then a "ha ha, we were only kidding... tough shit, you're not"  emails.

I usually buy one ticket to two or three shows each tour, so how can that be construed as a "scalpers" account?

Argh.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...