Jump to content

Time for ACROBAT LIVE


Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber

Yep, I'm going to go there. If ever there was a time to play it live, this is it.

Don't believe what you hear, don't believe what you see
If you just close your eyes you can feel the enemy.
When I first met you girl, you had fire in your soul.
What happened t'your face of melting snow
Now it looks like this!
And you can swallow or you can spit
You can throw it up, or choke on it
And you can dream, so dream out loud
You know that your time is coming round
So don't let the bastards grind you down.

No, nothing makes sense, nothing seems to fit.
I know you'd hit out if you only knew who to hit.
And I'd join the movement 
If there was one I could believe in

Yeah, I'd break bread and wine 
If there was a church I could receive in.
'Cause I need it now.
To take the cup
To fill it up, to drink it slow.
I can't let you go.

And I must be an acrobat
To talk like this and act like that.
And you can dream, so dream out loud
And don't let the bastards grind you down.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

...and it was delivered in such a VERY satisfying way! When they first started playing it, I thought, "Oooh, at least we're going to get a 'snippet,'" and then they KEPT GOING! At that point, I l

Yep, I'm going to go there. If ever there was a time to play it live, this is it. Don't believe what you hear, don't believe what you seeIf you just close your eyes you can feel the enemy.When I

Think you might have Acrobat mixed up with Ultraviolet. 

Posted Images

  • Subscriber

I’ve been scouring the web and researching information on how to try and catch a glimpse (and maybe a picture and/or autograph) of the band when they come in for sound check before the concert starts. I’ve got tickets to the show in San Jose at the SAP Center this coming May (2018). I would love any tips or advice of what to do and where to go to try and catch them entering the arena for sound check. I’ve loved them since I was a little girl and this would seriously be a dream come true to meet them! Thanks in advance for any help! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 11/15/2017 at 4:19 PM, loriloo23 said:

I’ve been scouring the web and researching information on how to try and catch a glimpse (and maybe a picture and/or autograph) of the band when they come in for sound check before the concert starts. I’ve got tickets to the show in San Jose at the SAP Center this coming May (2018). I would love any tips or advice of what to do and where to go to try and catch them entering the arena for sound check. I’ve loved them since I was a little girl and this would seriously be a dream come true to meet them! Thanks in advance for any help! 

I'm not sure which tour but many people were able to say hi to Bono and The Edge around 2-2:30 pm the day of a show.  It was over by the trucks.  Both of them came out for many shows.  They let pics be taken and signed items.  I remember people posting pictures.  Hopefully someone will see what I've written, have more info and elaborate on it.  Good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

Concerning Acrobat live:   Didn't we have it ?  I love it too.  Do you honestly think they'll do it again?  I do not think they will, but what do I know?  It's a successful day if I don't spend two hours looking for my car keys.

The recent JT tour featured Acrobat, at least for the Chicago shows.  I'd like to hear Who's Gonna Ride....or Crumbs From Your Table.  I most want to hear Sleeps Like a Baby and The Troubles.

I'd also love it if they did Love is Blindness.

Edited by Manohlive
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Community Moderator
2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Concerning Acrobat live:   Didn't we have it ?  I love it too.  Do you honestly think they'll do it again?  I do not think they will, but what do I know?  It's a successful day if I don't spend two hours looking for my car keys.

The recent JT tour featured Acrobat, at least for the Chicago shows.  I'd like to hear Who's Gonna Ride....or Crumbs From Your Table.  I most want to hear Sleeps Like a Baby and The Troubles.

I'd also love it if they did Love is Blindness.

Think you might have Acrobat mixed up with Ultraviolet. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

Acrobat!!! my all time favorite U2 song!!!Brilliant from their masterpiece Achtung Baby!(also my favorite)

really hope they will play it someday....but don't think it will happen on SOE tour.... :( hope there will be an Achtung Baby tour next time,that would be awesome!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
On 1/23/2018 at 8:13 PM, mich40 said:

Think you might have Acrobat mixed up with Ultraviolet. 

Umm...yeah.  Thanks, Mich.  Funny.   We got Ultraviolet on the 360?   Vertigo?   Elevation?   Popmart?   Zoo TV?    I'm confused, but I know it's one of them? haha.

The 360 it is...I'm editing and hauling butt out  of here before I blunder again.  :)

 

Edited by Manohlive
general air headedness
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
13 hours ago, u2hl said:

Acrobat!!! my all time favorite U2 song!!!Brilliant from their masterpiece Achtung Baby!(also my favorite)

really hope they will play it someday....but don't think it will happen on SOE tour.... :( hope there will be an Achtung Baby tour next time,that would be awesome!!!!!

That would be a dream come true for me.  I still listen to Achtung Baby from start to finish and I do so regularly.  I think it's the greatest album since Sgt. Pepper's.  Another question:  Do you think they'd do that when they EI is yet to begin and AB 30th is only two years from now?   It's a nice thought, that is for certain, imho.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...