• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the past two tours I was in the first group to purchase tickets.  On my computer and refreshed exactly on time.  Both tours got Red Zone tickets (Innocence and JT in  at the MSG and Meadowlands re

Hey Ashley, it appears that the seating chart is the same from the 2015 Innocence Tour.  I believe we don't know yet where exactly the RZ will be or it will be the same.  For JT 2017 they kind of fixe

See you in June in the RZ nikb.

• Subscriber
On 11/14/2017 at 11:34 AM, theladyA said:

No I am not positive.  In fact, I don't believe we yet know the stage layout and seating of GA/Red Zone for certain.  If they sold RZ1 and RZ2 unlike JT where there was only one Red Zone, then I think it means there will be two RZ sections.  The seat map shown today is the same as Innocence in 2015 and RZ1 was Edge side.  But...you can go from RZ1 to RZ2 after you get in and the GA's are allowed to stampede.  At least that was the case in MSG in 2015.

Looking at the seating charts and stage diagrams, RZ2 is Edge and RZ1 would be Adam. 

Not taking into account the two of them moving around during the show, but those are the sides they'd start on.

• Subscriber

To the best of my knowledge, RZ1 is on the right facing the stage (Adam) and RZ2 is on the left facing the Stage (Edge). Several TM venues have maps showing RZ1 and RZ2 that way, and that was how it was for the i&e tour in 2015. There is also a venue seat map floating around from Cali I think showing similar (and more detailed) staging, with a more accurate depiction of the RZs. It looks like — and It would make a lot of sense — that the e&i arena staging will be the same as the i&e arena staging, with RZs at the front corners on both sides. For the i&e tour, where I did RZ from both sides, about 15-20 people could fit on the front rail on each side, with the rest of the RZers behind them and also on a rail that ran roughly parallel to the long video wall down the middle. You had a great view of the screens and from time to time the band members would be directly in front of the RZ folks at the front. It was also far less densely packed than the GA area and many chose to hang out along the “back” rail that ran along the far side forming the traffic alley at the sides of the arena since you still had great views. They also allowed RZers to enter the GA area on the i&e tour since GAers got into the arena well before RZers and took their well-deserved pick of spots.  Some RZers would take the few remaining open rail spots near the b-stage in GA or spots along the video wall  

JT30 RZ was a bit different since it was a stadium setup and the stage itself jutted out to form a Joshua tree with the single RZ. There it wasn’t so great to be front rail for most of the show since you couldn’t see the center of the stage over the walkway. 

• Subscriber
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:20 PM, theladyA said:

Hobbes you just hit the nail on the other head going on here, how and why is it different in every city?  Red Zone for MSG today was only hard copies and you had to pay to mail them!  They were credit card for JT and electronic for Innocence so unless that's a new NYC law....it isn't consistent.  

Surprised to hear that they are mailing Red Zone tix.  That may be a glitch.  I thought everywhere RZ tix are will call pickup at the venue only.  By contrast, regular GA are being mailed this time around ( I got a pair for Newark thru the Citi onsale this morning), and I think that is because of the verified fan process already being a supposed check on scalping. Whether that will be as effective to deter scalping compared to credit card entry, well that remains to be seen; I suspect a big NO on that one.   

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, nsheers said:

To the best of my knowledge, RZ1 is on the right facing the stage (Adam) and RZ2 is on the left facing the Stage (Edge). Several TM venues have maps showing RZ1 and RZ2 that way, and that was how it was for the i&e tour in 2015. There is also a venue seat map floating around from Cali I think showing similar (and more detailed) staging, with a more accurate depiction of the RZs. It looks like — and It would make a lot of sense — that the e&i arena staging will be the same as the i&e arena staging, with RZs at the front corners on both sides. For the i&e tour, where I did RZ from both sides, about 15-20 people could fit on the front rail on each side, with the rest of the RZers behind them and also on a rail that ran roughly parallel to the long video wall down the middle. You had a great view of the screens and from time to time the band members would be directly in front of the RZ folks at the front. It was also far less densely packed than the GA area and many chose to hang out along the “back” rail that ran along the far side forming the traffic alley at the sides of the arena since you still had great views. They also allowed RZers to enter the GA area on the i&e tour since GAers got into the arena well before RZers and took their well-deserved pick of spots.  Some RZers would take the few remaining open rail spots near the b-stage in GA or spots along the video wall  

JT30 RZ was a bit different since it was a stadium setup and the stage itself jutted out to form a Joshua tree with the single RZ. There it wasn’t so great to be front rail for most of the show since you couldn’t see the center of the stage over the walkway. 

Thank you nsheers, such a better and more accurate description than I originally provided.  This is all assuming, of course, that the stage set will be the same as Innocence...I hope like JT, they make some adjustments to the Red Zone areas and allow us closer to the stage (closer than the top part).  Also, for JT some "genius" decided to set up the RZ with the part of the barricade that you can actually sit on or put your leg up on facing the stage so no one could rest any body part.  Really?  How is this ADA compliant too?  

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, hobbes4444 said:

Surprised to hear that they are mailing Red Zone tix.  That may be a glitch.  I thought everywhere RZ tix are will call pickup at the venue only.  By contrast, regular GA are being mailed this time around ( I got a pair for Newark thru the Citi onsale this morning), and I think that is because of the verified fan process already being a supposed check on scalping. Whether that will be as effective to deter scalping compared to credit card entry, well that remains to be seen; I suspect a big NO on that one.   

They will mail the actual ticket, you still have to check in to the Red Zone only area to get your RZ tag.  The ticket is for the scan into MSG.  

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, theladyA said:

They will mail the actual ticket, you still have to check in to the Red Zone only area to get your RZ tag.  The ticket is for the scan into MSG.  

very strange.  perhaps that is to comply with the transferability law in NY state.  but even still, since you can't get the wristbands, etc without showing the CC or ID, why bother mailing it.  could be it was set up wrong in the system.  I've had that happen with springsteen GA before where they allowed print at home and then changed it after the fact to hard tickets only that had to be picked up at the venue.  who knows.  best of luck!!  but once they hit the stage, all this clusterf**k hopefully will be forgotten!!

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, theladyA said:

Thank you nsheers, such a better and more accurate description than I originally provided.  This is all assuming, of course, that the stage set will be the same as Innocence...I hope like JT, they make some adjustments to the Red Zone areas and allow us closer to the stage (closer than the top part).  Also, for JT some "genius" decided to set up the RZ with the part of the barricade that you can actually sit on or put your leg up on facing the stage so no one could rest any body part.  Really?  How is this ADA compliant too?  

Those barricade steps aren't for your comfort, they're for security to stand on so they can see the crowd better. 

• Subscriber
53 minutes ago, cerulean said:

Those barricade steps aren't for your comfort, they're for security to stand on so they can see the crowd better. 

A-ha! good purpose....makes sense, I retract...then I wonder who the "genius" was that had them inverted into the RZ for the Innocence tour ;-).