Ticket Prices

• Subscriber

I have pretty much gone to every tour since JT and these prices are by far the most disappointing I've seen.  I'll probably do GA, although not my preference, to save some $$ but very tempted to skip this show in protest.  I bet they will not sell out those "premium" seats anytime soon.

• Like 1
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't even think the listings give an accurate idea of how expensive the tour actually is. Almost all of the lower level tickets are in the $330 price range - all of the seats lining the sides

I captured the ticket price ranges from Ticketmaster for a few venues during this U2.com subscriber presale..  It's hard to believe that $171 is the cheapest available for side seating, and those were

No. For the DC show, Red Zone tickets are $391. Lower level side seats are $325. The 400 level seats are $175. i guess Bono and the boys are short on cash.

• Subscriber

Got online at 10 am to try and purchase Vegas tickets. $330 minimum if you wanted to actually see the stage and sit in the lower tier.  This is so disheartening. After all these years, I may have seen my last U2 show. I didn't purchase tickets. Can't justify the price (especially when you add on travel and hotel costs). I am hoping they will add shows at "lesser" venues that intersperse some reasonably-priced tickets in the lower tiers. Denver? Salt Lake City? Was Vegas (being Vegas) an anomoly?

Started the day excited - Ending on a real bummed-out and sour note.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

Been a fan since 1984. I have been very lucky to see them live over a dozen times, but its becoming increasingly difficult to go see them play with the price of their tickets. Getting to old to stand in GA for 4 plus hours waiting for show to start. I wouldn't go see the Beatles for over $300 frankly. I know people will offer various reasons to disagree and attack my post. That's ok. I just felt the need to vent. What happened power to the people boys? Peace.

• Subscriber

These are my feelings as well.  I would much rather seeing U2 with the same stage, but remove the big screens...probably cuts at least $100 off everyone's ticket right there.

They are so busy trying to find a new audience, that they are leaving their original audience behind. 

• Subscriber

I settled on trying to get GA tickets to Philly for Wells Fargo mainly because of the outrageous prices otherwise.  Of course when I went to try and get them, they were gone and I am in the Innocence group and got through right away.  They should have saved enough for us.

VERY disappointed in these prices as a longtime fan who never misses a tour and may just do so this time around.

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, svoot said:

U2 has always offered affordable seats on their tour with GA. Yeah, the seating may be a bit pricey, but they do offer cheaper alternatives that are closest to them. Why didnt you get those?

A bit pricey? Complete rip off more like! What if you are unable to/don't want to stand for 2 hours or more? 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, robfern said:

These are my feelings as well.  I would much rather seeing U2 with the same stage, but remove the big screens...probably cuts at least $100 off everyone's ticket right there.

They are so busy trying to find a new audience, that they are leaving their original audience behind. 

I 100% agree with you.

• Subscriber

U2 has become as filthy as third-party ticket sellers. Their homes on the French Riviera must carry a huge nut. Cry me a river. No reward for dedicated fans. They have everyone’s email. Using that to offer pre-sale seats at a reduced rate would have been a great step.

• Subscriber

These prices are absurd!  Been a fan since the eighties but I have to draw the line on this one.  $730 for two standard tickets for my wife and I in the lower deck? That's an entire weeks paycheck for me.  I am a music lover and have been to hundreds of concerts including U2 nine times.  I'm sorry guys, but I'm out.  I'll stick to Kid Rock, Pearl Jam, and Springsteen, who actually work hard to keep prices low for the working man, like me.      

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

I too am totally outraged at the ticket prices.  Who can afford this?  I've been to multiple shows on every tour, beginning with ZooTV when I was in college.  What college kid today can afford even the 170 bucks to sit in the crappy last row of an arena?  If you're not in the lower sections or on the floor, the concert's just not that compelling.  

And the "just get GAs" argument is terrible.  Not everyone can/wants to stand, as others have said.  And those tickets go in seconds!  There's just not that many of them.  

I can't believe that I will probably skip this tour.  And, more than that, these prices have really soured me on the band I've loved and defended for thirty plus years.  Do they have any idea what average people can afford?  Obviously not.  Shame on them.