• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Tracy M said:

Agreed. I feel for the fans who have had difficulty, but I can't help but feel that in many cases, it's because they didn't follow instructions or simply don't like change. As long as we live technology, scalpers will continue to try to find new ways to screw people, and bands will continue to try to find ways to reduce the risk.... the systems will continue to evolve in response to this. I am quite sure next time will be slightly different from this one again. Kudos to the band and U2.com for their efforts.

No, can't agree re fan competence. I too was lucky. Wasn't last tour but prepped perfectly. The system is fraudulent and the inability- rather seemingly unwillingness to solve the problem should be criminal.  

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sorry to the innocence group but if the experience group bought all of them that means that the most "real fans" got the tickets.

The citicard thing actually makes me mad. I think it's pretty awful to try to get your fans to pick up another credit card or change their banking system just to get tickets. That's not working toward

Ditto for me...am I the only one who stared at their phone afterwards feeling I must have missed something because it went so smoothly? Fingers crossed for all still trying!

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Tracy M said:

Did you link your TM account to your U2.com account AND your cell phone all in advance? What exactly did the retraction email state? I'm asking because seeing some of the horror stories on here makes me worried for future shows as well. 

Turns out my workplace service just SUCKS!!!  I got the email as I drove out of the parking lot of work about 2 1/2 hours after pre-sale began.  I guess I work in a dead zone.  I could get email thru my work computer but not a text......

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, Wakebird said:

I'm sorry to the innocence group but if the experience group bought all of them that means that the most "real fans" got the tickets.

Real Fans?  First tour I will miss since 1981.  Doesn't get much more real than that.

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Wakebird said:

What you are doing is insensitive, rude, lacking class and humility.

Plenty of real fans did not end up being as fortunate as you. Enjoy the show. Stop while you're ahead.

• Upvote 1
  • Subscriber

I just mean for the system they have determined to know who true fans are and not just people that signed up for the fan club last week. That's why I put "real fans" in quotation marks. I know it doesn't really mean real fans. It just means the system's way of determining them. I'm sorry if that was rude. If a show sells out with only the longest term fans then the system is working. What I'm angry about is if these tickets end up somehow on secondary market.

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Wakebird said:

I just mean for the system they have determined to know who true fans are and not just people that signed up for the fan club last week. That's why I put "real fans" in quotation marks. I know it doesn't really mean real fans. It just means the system's way of determining them. I'm sorry if that was rude. If a show sells out with only the longest term fans then the system is working. What I'm angry about is if these tickets end up somehow on secondary market.

Except a ton of "longest term fans" didn't get a code to purchase tickets in the experience presale which means the verified fan presale didn't work the way it should have worked. When thousands of tickets show up on secondary sites then it also shows that the verified fan presale was an unmitigated disaster. It did nothing to keep scalpers from buying the tickets. Furthermore, ask the mods if they think this was the best presale ever. Then you'll have a more educated answer.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Wakebird said:

You're making it worse. You don't know what your going on about. The problem is the lottery system 'real true fans' didn't know about and getting shut out of the pre-sale altogether. Also ones that got codes in most cases there was no GA but offered high price seating instead. Not cool :unsure:

Edited by utwothefly