Best presale ever

Wakebird

• Subscriber

I wasn’t able to look at the presale until this evening for the Las Vegas show. Only 2 tickets I can find are in the upper level at $330 each totaling over $700 with fees and taxes. 

I must not be a “real fan” because in my opinion that is way too much for nosebleeds. I’ll just sit back and wait for the “Special Gift” that my $40 purchased.  I sure as heck won’t be renewing my membership next year  

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, seanclv said:

I wasn’t able to look at the presale until this evening for the Las Vegas show. Only 2 tickets I can find are in the upper level at $330 each totaling over $700 with fees and taxes. 

I must not be a “real fan” because in my opinion that is way too much for nosebleeds. I’ll just sit back and wait for the “Special Gift” that my $40 purchased.  I sure as heck won’t be renewing my membership next year  

It is unfortunate that circumstances kept you from looking for tickets until hours after the presale opened. That is no one's fault -and certainly not the band's or U2.coms, or even TM. I am fortunate that I make my own work schedule, so I could take the morning off to be at home, on my computer, at 11 a.m. my time to get the tickets I wished. I realize not everyone has that opportunity, but it only makes sense that the most popular tickets (GAs) will sell out in minutes.

• Brilliant 1

• Subscriber

What is missing is data.  It is one thing if there are 3,000 GA tickets, and 2,500 were bought by 1,500 Experience group fans on day 1, and the remaining 500 went in the first minute of the Innocence group.  It is altogether a different thing if there are 3,000 GA tickets at a venue and 400 went to Experience group, 400 to Innocence group and 2,200 are going to other buyers.  I'm making the numbers up, but the principle is that some transparency and facts might solve some of the anger... 

The absence of transparency and facts fuels speculation and suspicion. If the facts show the most prized tickets went to the Experience group, and that the Innocence group had the next shot at the best seats ahead of Citigroup and general sales, no one would have much to complain about.  But if that is really the case....why don't they report it as such?

• Like 1

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, BillHenderson said:

What is missing is data.  It is one thing if there are 3,000 GA tickets, and 2,500 were bought by 1,500 Experience group fans on day 1, and the remaining 500 went in the first minute of the Innocence group.  It is altogether a different thing if there are 3,000 GA tickets at a venue and 400 went to Experience group, 400 to Innocence group and 2,200 are going to other buyers.  I'm making the numbers up, but the principle is that some transparency and facts might solve some of the anger... 

The absence of transparency and facts fuels speculation and suspicion. If the facts show the most prized tickets went to the Experience group, and that the Innocence group had the next shot at the best seats ahead of Citigroup and general sales, no one would have much to complain about.  But if that is really the case....why don't they report it as such?

Excellent point.  Not that this helps much, but just curious:  does anyone know how many paid/eligible presale fans there are...is there a total membership count posted?

• Subscriber
On 11/14/2017 at 1:16 PM, Wakebird said:

This was by far the smoothest, fastest and most pain-free presale I've been a part of and I've done pretty much all of them. Thanks to U2 and even thanks to the evil institutions that helped make it possible.

Happy for you. Sadly, not a good time for me. 

If you, or anyone reading this, got GA tickets, did you find them thru the app or online;? And did you find them by clicking on GA  Best Available, Best Seats or by price?  

Down but not out.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, sped said:

Happy for you. Sadly, not a good time for me. 

If you, or anyone reading this, got GA tickets, did you find them thru the app or online;? And did you find them by clicking on GA  Best Available, Best Seats or by price?  

Down but not out.

I think I did Best Available when the GAs were not readily apparent on the screen, and then they popped up. I thought that was unusual, because traditionally, Best Available were always the top priced "Gold level" seats. 

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Tracy M said:

It is unfortunate that circumstances kept you from looking for tickets until hours after the presale opened. That is no one's fault -and certainly not the band's or U2.coms, or even TM. I am fortunate that I make my own work schedule, so I could take the morning off to be at home, on my computer, at 11 a.m. my time to get the tickets I wished. I realize not everyone has that opportunity, but it only makes sense that the most popular tickets (GAs) will sell out in minutes.

There's a whole thread in this same forum called something like "Was anyone in the Innocence group able to get GA for Vegas"  where people went on at sale time and weren't able to get GA tickets, so I would have been more peeved if I took paid time off from work to go through that .

My commentary was also about the significant increase in ticket prices. I'm not going to pay $40 for the opportunity to pay $300 again, actually next time it probably be $400. . I guess I am just not that big of a fan. 

Well anyways, I'm over it. Have fun at the show!!

Edited by seanclv

• Subscriber
On 11/15/2017 at 5:51 PM, Mikey2650 said:

Best presale ever? Thanks for rubbing it in. As you can see, no one in the innocence group got any GA tickets...

I was in the innocence group and bought 2 GA tickets for the LA show.. it took me an hour, but finally 2 popped up.... Couldn't on my computer (kept getting an error message from TM) but got through with my phone.