FINE PRINT of Verified Fan Presale

Sherry

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, nina5158 said:

Just got off the help line ... again.... (wait... im laughing as im typing "help"). this whole farce has been nothing but bollocks!!! definitely letting my membership run out this year... whats the point anymore? when we are no longer guaranteed access to pre-sale? U2 and U2 fan club you are freakin kidding yourselves here.. just beyond disappointed and  I feel shafted by people I have been extremely loyal to over the years. BOO!

I sent a note to U2.com expressing disappointment, and requesting the early renewal of my membership be cancelled.  I told them I have stuck with my membership through non-touring years solely to get best possible access to GA tickets, and that I won't be renewing unless I visible changes are made for future pre-sales.  Under current management, losing  fanclub revenue is the only thing I can think of that could change minds.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, dugadams said:

Guess which website still hasn't posted anything? 

Everything atu2 has been doing has been through Twitter right now. Fan stories have been shared via Twitter. My initial post here was originally shared on the atu2 twitter feed as official reporting. The presales have yet to conclude, information is still being gathered and an article will be written soon.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, zooclemson said:

I'm confused, is this really a true lottery system, or is it merely the algorithm trying to skim the scalpers and bots off the top?  I listened to BigWave on the podcast and my understanding was that as long as the algorithm didn't have reason to identify you as a scalper, then you'd get a code.   Now, I can still understand some complaints about the nuts and bolts of how to implement that - false positives by the algorithm and such.  I'm not saying that's small potatoes.  BUT, that is different than a true lottery system where it's truly random - i.e. simply an attempt to manage by numbers.   Am I understanding this wrong?   And even though Sherry's quote does include a reference to being randomly selected - that link is to the Ticketmaster VerifiedFan Presale, not the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale.

What was explained to Bigwave to share on the podcast was not the case, so he was given bad information, imho. Some legit fan club members were accused of being a scalper when they called Ticketmaster / Live Nation about the fan club code issue. The U2.com Verified Subscriber presale language did not include the Ticketmaster Verified presale language - thus the confusion regarding the "random selection." This signals to me that whoever with U2.com responsible for that text was not aware of what Verified Fan really meant, nor mirrored that text. Ultimately, the Verified Fan rules are Ticketmaster's, so just because U2.com didn't list the fine print, the sale is still subject to the fine print of the one doing the sale - which is Ticketmaster. This is where some of the confusion and, ultimately disappointment is based. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Sherry said:

Everything atu2 has been doing has been through Twitter right now. Fan stories have been shared via Twitter. My initial post here was originally shared on the atu2 twitter feed as official reporting. The presales have yet to conclude, information is still being gathered and an article will be written soon.

Again, I know you do not want to risk party guests and no one wants to lose special access, but I would THINK you would act now to prevent this shit storm from happening when the new dates come out.  But that's just me?

you can do better - show us you care more about the fans than your access - you guys parade around it your At U2 "Staff" shirts and acting like it is a real job... how about being half of a journalist? 

Edited by dugadams

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Crazyu2fan said:

Peggy i disagree the band have a say in things down the line and make the decisions.. It's their name here on the bill. The band are well aware of what is going on and granted not right away but are. Case in point as have been mentioned by several people of the very similar fiasco in 2005/Vertigo tour.. I posted the article about Larry's statement on the matter.. Once they made the statement they rectified the situation.

I still have the E-mail he sent out to us! I guess its just hard for me to believe that they knew TicketMaster was going to hold back the GA's from us............Who knows, maybe they are just tired of the same faces on the floor.

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, dugadams said:

Again, I know you do not want to risk party guests and no one wants to lose special access, but I would THINK you would act now to prevent this shit storm from happening when the new dates come out.  But that's just me?

you can do better - show us you care more about the fans than your access 

That is very unfair to atU2.. They are fans themselves, and are equally frustrated.  Sherry has posted here, and been vocal on the Twitter feed.  What would a ranting article possibly accomplish?

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, peggy said:

I still have the E-mail he sent out to us! I guess its just hard for me to believe that they knew TicketMaster was going to hold back the GA's from us............Who knows, maybe they are just tired of the same faces on the floor.

Holding back GA = people forced to buy more expensive seats if they want to see the show.  The GA's are reasonably priced and will sell regardless.   The same is not necessarily true for a $390 ticket. I would like to believe that's not the intent of U2, but I would think Ticketmaster and LiveNation has this down to a science.

Edited by bjornlodd

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, bjornlodd said:

That is very unfair to atU2.. They are fans themselves, and are equally frustrated.  Sherry has posted here, and been vocal on the Twitter feed.  What would a ranting article possibly accomplish?

They could put up a petition to STOP this ridiculous bull shit 

atU2 lauds their position as something real with shirts and talk of being "fired."   They take themselves very serious.  Time to step up.