• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, dugadams said:

They could put up a petition to STOP this ridiculous bull shit 

atU2 lauds their position as something real with shirts and talk of being "fired."   They take themselves very serious.  Time to step up.

I'll leave it as disagreeing to disagree.  Based on the reactions here and on Twitter, it should be obvious to the U2 organization that they alienating their fans.  A petition from atU2 or other fansite will (in my opinion) not add anything to that conversation.  Constructive and diplomatic feedback through atU2's contact may, and Sherry has indeed indicated they are doing that. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My theory...it's all in the fine print of "Verified Fan" and my sincere belief that if we were assigned a presale group that meant we were verified.  In reading U2.com/help: Can I register for ot

Couple of points, yes some of the answers I gave (my interpretations, not there in ANY official capacity - as I stated in the podcast) - some of the facts I were given were not correct. And in fact I

We are doing something right now - we're doing our best to get up the chain of command with as many fan stories, as many examples and the like to let them know this is as bad - or worse - than 2005. W

Posted Images

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, dugadams said:

Again, I know you do not want to risk party guests and no one wants to lose special access, but I would THINK you would act now to prevent this shit storm from happening when the new dates come out.  But that's just me?

you can do better - show us you care more about the fans than your access - you guys parade around it your At U2 "Staff" shirts and acting like it is a real job... how about being half of a journalist? 

You are directing your anger at the wrong place.

The people who ultimately and finally signed off and agreed the process are responsible for the situation. Not fansites, nor forum Mods

Also journalists (good ones at least) wait for the facts to shake out, wait until the end of the event in question, and collate information with suggestions to make sure this won't happen again.. as opposed to firing off in-the-heat-of-the-moment rants. I very much understand why you are angry, and I would be too in the circumstances, buts lets direct it to the people actually responsible. 

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
16 minutes ago, markreed said:

You are directing your anger at the wrong place.

The people who ultimately and finally signed off and agreed the process are responsible for the situation. Not fansites, nor forum Mods

Also journalists (good ones at least) wait for the facts to shake out, wait until the end of the event in question, and collate information with suggestions to make sure this won't happen again.. as opposed to firing off in-the-heat-of-the-moment rants. I very much understand why you are angry, and I would be too in the circumstances, buts lets direct it to the people actually responsible. 

To add to this, from the @U2 fansite About/FAQs:

"This site is not produced by, nor affiliated with, any or all members of U2 and/or its management. This site is produced by U2 fans for U2 fans"

Is this your main job? Do you run this site for a living?

No. Everyone on staff "works" for @U2 as a volunteer/hobbyist. 

• Subscriber
53 minutes ago, bjornlodd said:

Holding back GA = people forced to buy more expensive seats if they want to see the show.  The GA's are reasonably priced and will sell regardless.   The same is not necessarily true for a $390 ticket. I would like to believe that's not the intent of U2, but I would think Ticketmaster and LiveNation has this down to a science.

Ticketmaster convinced themselves that the U2 "loyal Followers", would be willing and happy to pay the big bucks. Boy, did they Ever miss judge us!!

• Subscriber

Hi Sherry! I stood right next to you in the Red Zone in San Diego! I was wearing the beautiful day shirt ?. I was one of the unlucky fans that got the shaft in this pre sale. I received the email to expect the pre sale code and then I received the “oops just kidding” email. I’m aghast at this pre sale. It’s a joke.  Thank you for your post and trying to make sense of this disaster. I hope the band can make it up to the paying fan club members who really lost out.