FINE PRINT of Verified Fan Presale

Sherry

• Subscriber
On 11/15/2017 at 12:22 PM, kuroshii said:

I'm going to need that code to buy tickets regardless of when I try to purchase--yes, even under General Sale.

I would be careful trying to use your fan club code for seats in the general sale - when you go to the TM website now it only shows Citi presale seats to unlock.  I still have one ticket left that I can buy with my innocence code and it's not working right now, I'm guessing because they took down the U2.com Verified Fan seats from the options.  You should definitely register for the General Sale if you plan on buying tickets on Monday, just to be sure!  And even then who knows if they're throwing all available seats into one pool in the general.  You may be left with the scraps from the fan presale if you use that code.  I wouldn't risk it!

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 11.39.47 AM.png

• Subscriber
On 11/15/2017 at 12:22 PM, kuroshii said:

As someone on another thread said, now that I'm a Verified Fan I'm going to need that code to buy tickets regardless of when I try to purchase--yes, even under General Sale.

I just looked and saw that the fan presale for both groups (innocence and experience) officially ended 11/16 at 5pm.  They are over.  So if you plan on using a  fan presale code in the general, there's no indication that will work.  I just asked about this in the help center.  I'll let you known what I find out.   But if you want to buy in the general, it's looking like you need to be VERIFIED AGAIN for the general.  

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 11.47.57 AM.png

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, DeirdreBell said:

I just looked and saw that the fan presale for both groups (innocence and experience) officially ended 11/16 at 5pm.  They are over.  So if you plan on using a  fan presale code in the general, there's no indication that will work.  I just asked about this in the help center.  I'll let you known what I find out.   But if you want to buy in the general, it's looking like you need to be VERIFIED AGAIN for the general. 

Thank you for that clarification! It's not pleasant info but it's info we need.

• Subscriber
Just now, kuroshii said:

Thank you for that clarification! It's not pleasant info but it's info we need.

I found out that you absolutely cannot use your fan codes in the general sale.  You have to register to get a code for the general sale.  The link to do so is on the home page here.  You have until tomorrow night.  

• Subscriber
On 11/15/2017 at 6:18 PM, peggy said:

It sounds like we all need to UNVERIFY ourselves with Ticketmaster. That way we at least have a shot getting tickets with the general public?

Who even knows , they still have all our info & history of what we do ..........   here's an interesting twist  , Taylor swift signed on to the Verified fan thing & with hers they want to know before they verify you , how many tix do you want , where would you like to sit ?  How much are you willing to spend & will you pay for VIP  ........ before they will let you try & get in for the verified fan sales ............    I really hope someone sues them & takes them down .

• Subscriber
On 11/15/2017 at 11:01 PM, gotsoul1 said:

YES! It is EASY to do. This band has the power to do much more than they are. They can cancel the seats on those sites - - the seats for sale are spelled out/listed - - exactly what seat! You KNOW what to cancel! And the GAs that are available for immediate download upon purchase? CANCEL THEM. Ed Sheeran did it for 50,000 tickets! He had them cancelled when they showed up on re-sell sites. FIFTY THOUSAND. CANCELLED. Same thing with Eric Church. He had 25,000 tickets cancelled from scalpers!! THIS CAN BE DONE if you care enough to *really* 'keep the tickets out of the hands of scalpers and make sure they get to real fans.' Instead, many were just prey to a faulty algorithm or an unspoken lottery system, or both. But who knows because no one is telling us anything.

The bottom line: get a manager who really cares about the fans and DUMP LIVE NATION IN 2020.

It's true , at a certain point the band has to step up & say ENOUGH , we are now in control & it stops here ............... I just don't know if even U2 has that power , they signed a 360 deal with live nation  & took money up front & then signed on with ticketmaster verified fan which is the SAME company , you sign with the Devil you have to pay ...........

• Subscriber
On 11/16/2017 at 6:45 PM, bjornlodd said:

Holding back GA = people forced to buy more expensive seats if they want to see the show.  The GA's are reasonably priced and will sell regardless.   The same is not necessarily true for a $390 ticket. I would like to believe that's not the intent of U2, but I would think Ticketmaster and LiveNation has this down to a science.

On 11/16/2017 at 7:41 PM, peggy said:

Ticketmaster convinced themselves that the U2 "loyal Followers", would be willing and happy to pay the big bucks. Boy, did they Ever miss judge us!!

That's a pretty great Theory , get the REAL fans to buy up the Expensive stuff  as they'd be willing to pay $$$      ......... But you're right Peggy , when they were throwing great seats at me for $650  & average one's at $325 , no way was i buying them , i'll stay home this tour  If i can't get good reasonable tix ............. i'm a Fan not a fool .

• Subscriber

Yes. It appears Greed prevails. The reality is there are still lots of performers well worth seeing and they don't charge ridiculous anounts to see them. Unfortunately if a band like U2 increasingly cash grab,  whilst their bank balances improve other bands and performance artists may have a harder time selling tickets as music fans finances are squeezed. 

• Subscriber

Just to close out my experience with the pre-sales, as I could not reach u2.com by phone on the day after receiving the "here comes your code" followed by the "psych, no code for you" email, with absolutely no explanation whatsoever, I wrote U2.com via the help page, and their answer, just received, cut and pasted below, simply confirms that being a u2.com subscriber, for whatever number of years, merely places in you a lottery to get a code...and a code does not guarantee you can purchase a ticket.

So, this is what happens when a group is THIS popular, can sell out any venue they want several times over, ability to attend one of their concerts is simply not a guarantee any more, no matter how loyal and fanatical a fan you might be.  This degree of supply and demand also means that they can evidently test the market to see exactly how high they can raise ticket prices until people simply can no longer afford to go...obviously, there are still enough people willing to spend $325 and up for tickets that they can defer to Tickermaster, LiveNation, etc. to proceed in this manner.

This is capitalism at its best, folks.

For the record, here is the u2.com response to the email for help....sent four days ago:

Thanks for contacting U2.com. I am pleased to be assisting you.

We apologize for our late response, we have received an unusual amount of emails.

We are diligently working to answer each email in the order received.  

So sorry to hear you received an email stating you would receive a code, then received the second email retracting the first one.

Regretfully, the first email regarding the code was sent in error, then the second email was sent to correct the error made.

Registering as a Verified Fan does not guarantee you will receive a code.

The following was taken from the FAQs:

Does registering mean I get a code?

If randomly selected, you will receive a text 2-4 hours prior to the Presale or Onsale. Please note, tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis and getting an access code does not guarantee tickets.

Our apologies for any frustration and inconvenience this has caused.