Sign in to follow this  
Sherry

FINE PRINT of Verified Fan Presale

2 hours ago, vertigojds said:

They're part of a system that's grown more difficult, more inconvenient, more expensive and less transparent for U2 fans.  Again, I don't think they're bad people, but they are part of a system that is the problem.

are we now. thanks for speaking for us. At us. No need in future. Try talking to us.

26 minutes ago, Gjachts said:

I am going to say that you not getting concert you tickets you want is slightly less of an affront than the Holocaust.  Perhaps you should re-evaluate your moral equivalencies.  

I meant as in you don't get the culprits/criminals to police themselves!!!! Jesus. do we have to be so anally PC all the time???? I hardly think this is insensitive and most people see what I meant instead of you insinuating I meant it's on the same level of gravity!!! 

2 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Couple of points, yes some of the answers I gave (my interpretations, not there in ANY official capacity - as I stated in the podcast) - some of the facts I were given were not correct. And in fact I would go further, I was misled on some things which I relayed on that episode. for which I have asked the atu2 guys an opportunity to go back on to explain.

We mods are not employees of ticketmaster, we are fans.

And, respectfully, you're being used and put in an impossible situation.  I honestly believe it would be better if this was a paid position that came with responsibilities and authority over those responsibilities.  It is unfair for you to be asked to speak on behalf of someone who is using the good will that you've established in the community to disseminate falsehoods.

4 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Whilst I understand your frustration at the moment, yours and many others, I am not the enemy. Mods are not the problem.

I would argue that the problem is that there aren't people in authority who have the ability to do anything.  I don't think you, Bigwave, are specifically the problem, but I think that perhaps having the mods be unpaid volunteers instead of Ticketmaster employees empowered to address issues is a problem.

5 minutes ago, bigwave said:

We put up with a lot of crap from all sides, and plenty of good stuff. We are not angels. We are not perfect. But we are the best you have, so don't kick us when things are going not the way you like it. We may kick back.

I'm expressing some concerns I have about a service I have paid money for, for instances where I feel that what was promised was not delivered.  I don't think it's appropriate to issue threats for expressing dissatisfaction with a paid service that hasn't worked as advertised.

12 minutes ago, vertigojds said:

Is this a verifiable fact?

If it's true, that's almost worst.

U2.com is not fan site - it is a business that U2 has contacted LiveNation to run.  The people working on the site should be professionals who are compensated for their time and given responsibilities for which they are held accountable.  Having a system where LiveNation gets unpaid "volunteers" to do the job of paid employees, without giving them any of the authority or autonomy that comes with being an actual employee, is a lose-lose proposition.

you are starting to annoy me. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bigwave said:

are we now. thanks for speaking for us. At us. No need in future. Try talking to us.

The U2.com website, as run by Live Nation, is a problem.  The mods moderate the U2.com forum, which is part of the U2.com website run by Live Nation.  So yes, the mods are part of a system which has problems.  Didn't say the mods are a cause of the problem, simply that they are part of a system that has problems.

1 minute ago, bigwave said:

you are starting to annoy me. 

I'm sincerely sorry that you are annoyed.  I am not trying to target you.  I am expressing concerns about a system that is not running as well as I believe it should be, or as well as it used to run.

Edited by vertigojds

1 minute ago, vertigojds said:

The U2.com website, as run by Live Nation, is a problem.  The mods moderate the U2.com forum, which is part of the U2.com website run by Live Nation.  So yes, the mods are part of a system which has problems.  Didn't say the mods are a cause of the problem, simply that they are part of a system that has problems.

ok, so you have had your say on mod bashing. Now stop. Not a request.