• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Sherry said:

We are doing something right now - we're doing our best to get up the chain of command with as many fan stories, as many examples and the like to let them know this is as bad - or worse - than 2005. We can't fix what has happened, but we're working hard to find an amenable agreement about it. The band's PR is notified, and we're doing what we can. There's nothing we can report on right now.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Maybe there's still a way to salvage this catastrophe. Or at least stop it from happening in Europe and ROW. The last 2 days are only a small taste of what's going to happen during general sale. I'm still scarred from Springsteen. It's a helpless, hopeless, desperate feeling. And I'm nowhere near a Springsteen diehard.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My theory...it's all in the fine print of "Verified Fan" and my sincere belief that if we were assigned a presale group that meant we were verified.  In reading U2.com/help: Can I register for ot

Couple of points, yes some of the answers I gave (my interpretations, not there in ANY official capacity - as I stated in the podcast) - some of the facts I were given were not correct. And in fact I

We are doing something right now - we're doing our best to get up the chain of command with as many fan stories, as many examples and the like to let them know this is as bad - or worse - than 2005. W

Posted Images

• Subscriber
Just now, stateless said:

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Maybe there's still a way to salvage this catastrophe. Or at least stop it from happening in Europe and ROW. The last 2 days are only a small taste of what's going to happen during general sale. I'm still scarred from Springsteen. It's a helpless, hopeless, desperate feeling. And I'm nowhere near a Springsteen diehard.

In theory, they could lift the verified requirements for future dates.

I think the big problem with the Verified approach - which I think was created with the best of intentions - is that it's portrayed as a one-step process when it's really a two step process.  In the first step, TM tries to sort out real accounts from bots and scalpers, and that's a great thing.  But the second, less publicized step, is that they then select only a handful of people who passed verification to receive codes for purchases.

I think in the future, it would be better and more fair for everyone if TM verified who was real and who was a bot, but then issued codes to everyone who passed verification, instead of running a lottery to determine which verified people should get codes for purchases.  This would weed out bots and scalpers, and then give all people who are actually fans an equal chance to try and get tickets.  Right now, it doesn't seem like fans are getting that equal chance, and I think that's the more troublesome part.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, dugadams said:

Sherry - thank you for posting.  It is sad that it has come to this and my guess is there will be MORE tickets on the secondary market than ever before and we will pay... because that is what we do. 

I challenge you Sherry - and the other folks at AT U2 to do something.  I know you love your access and do not want to rock the boat - but someone needs to be covering this (this brilliant post is not up on that site) 

Politics be damned - please get a petition or SOMETHING going on a fan site that the band will pay attention to.  Like it or not, that is At U2. 

If you do it the band might not show up at your next party... but what the hell is the point of the site if not to help fans reach the band?

A petition is a great idea.

• Subscriber

Not trying to stir the pot, but it seems to me that thousands (or tens of thousands) of tickets were sold and a couple of dozen of people are upset about the system.  That doesn't seem to be that bad of a ration.  

Between what the tour calendar looks like and past history, I am willing to bet more shows will be added.  Why don't you wait until the entire process is completed before declaring it all a failure.  

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Gjachts said:

Not trying to stir the pot, but it seems to me that thousands (or tens of thousands) of tickets were sold and a couple of dozen of people are upset about the system.  That doesn't seem to be that bad of a ration.  

Between what the tour calendar looks like and past history, I am willing to bet more shows will be added.  Why don't you wait until the entire process is completed before declaring it all a failure.  

that's not quite what people are objecting to - it is the matter of a large number of experience paid subscribers not receiving a code - it was not clearly communicated that there would be experience paid subscribers shut out completely from the pre-sale. I imagine you can see why that has turned into an issue, yes?

• Subscriber

Thank you Sherry for all your information and time.  I am glad to hear that you are in contact with the band's "People."  I was fortunate enough to get tickets, but I feel bad for those who didn't get tickets.  It's one thing to know the facts and be prepared that you might not get tickets, but it's a whole other thing to have a system fall apart and not work properly, which is causing lots of anger, sadness, and frustration.  Things need to be conducted fairly; that's all we want.  The way it's going is a mess and not fair to anyone. And the prices are a whole other story. Thanks again and hopefully the band will acknowledge this mess and maybe help improve it as ticket sales continue.  I think there's too many cooks in the kitchen and they all want to be paid.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Gjachts said:

Are you really that daft? Ask the mods if it has only been “a couple of dozen of people” that didn’t get a code and are upset by the presales. LMAO.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, habitmade said:

that's not quite what people are objecting to - it is the matter of a large number of experience paid subscribers not receiving a code - it was not clearly communicated that there would be experience paid subscribers shut out completely from the pre-sale. I imagine you can see why that has turned into an issue, yes?

And us Innocence too... I know several personally in my little city that didn't get them either who are in that group.