This site and the admin team can go f*** yourselves (moderated)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to thank you all for your wonderful support.  We did and will continue to do whatever we can.  It's been a hard 2 days but we are here for you guys as much as we can be.

very touched by all the support, I know the OP was angry, we all are about this. Yes mods volunteer a lot of our time, and also yes there are a few perks. Its always been a huge honour for me to be as

bschamberlain, that is just unfair.  Being abusive to the moderators here is seriously offside.  Try to put yourself in their shoes.  All they can do is pass feedback on.  They don't control anything

• Subscriber

Not sure I agree with your choice of words bchamberlin but got to agree that this whole pre-sale thing is a mess and there are already tickets on secondary websites so it hasn't stopped that. Add to this the fact that the ticket prices are completely extortionate and ripping the fans off and I get why you're not best pleased.

• Subscriber

Until they figure out how to strip it down and give true fans access to a great experience without such hassle and expense, I feel the same way about whoever is in control of ticket buying process. I appreciate the mods / middle-men who only try to help. 

Edited by Nickford0074
  • Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Nickford0074 said:

Until they figure out how to strip it down and give true fans access to a great experience without such hassle and expense, I feel the same way. Who controls this? 

nobody on the touring side cares about fan experience..  it's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, bchamberlin said:

Seriously.  Literally go fuck yourselves.  

I wouldn't lump everyone in the same boat. The mods here went above and beyond the call of duty. Ticketmaster, Live Nation, U2.com's help staff, U2's management and anyone involved in this presale? Woof. Total incompetence on their part.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, 2000_man said:

I wouldn't lump everyone in the same boat. The mods here went above and beyond the call of duty. Ticketmaster, Live Nation, U2.com's help staff, U2's management and anyone involved in this presale? Woof. Total incompetence on their part.

Agree with this - yesterday and today had nothing to do with the Mods and they have no control or access to fix any of this apart from being able to potentially pass along feedback and information from us to folks who may be able to help. For The Joshua Tree tour there was a problem with the Chicago GA tickets not dropping right away. We posted about it, the mods seemingly passed that along and it was fixed quickly and they alerted us to the fix. I remember there being instances of similar communication during past tours. This time it seems the problems are much bigger than an issue with a single show and that's a lot to put on the mods to be responsible for.

• Subscriber

bschamberlain, that is just unfair.  Being abusive to the moderators here is seriously offside.  Try to put yourself in their shoes.  All they can do is pass feedback on.  They don't control anything other than these forums - and the fact they haven't shut you out speaks to how hard they work to try to make up for deficiencies at ticketmaster, scalpers, and other issues with presales and sales.     Search the forums and you will see they have always done a great job of trying to sort things out for people by directing them where they need to go, and making issues know to "the powers that be".  I can tell you they have helped me out with issues a number of times.  You owe them an apology.

By all means, be abusive to ticket master.  95% of the world will agree with you. Feel free to rant about the band's management. Lots will agree with you. They clearly tried to solve an ongoing problems with scalper's bots, and the solution had serious problems.  At one time or another, we've all been super frustrated by a presale. Blowing off steam at those responsible who should have done a better job is fair.  But leave the moderators out of it.

• Like 2
  • Subscriber

These moderators are volunteers. Frankly, I don't know how they dealt with yesterday's debacle AND worked at their real jobs. Seriously, think about that for a moment.

I got shit on my presale today - didn't even get my code until 10:20 - but any frustration I have is directed towards TM, LN, and frankly, the band themselves. 

Mods are blameless, IMO.