Holy crap... No GA?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tracy M said:

Last time this happened was in 2005 with Vertigo. We used the lack of a Toronto show in the spring as an excuse to visit NYC and take in a show at Madison Square Gardens, as it coincided with our Victoria Day weekend. This time, we are going to Nashville. We considered Montreal, but I was really nervous about dealing with a non-ticketmaster venue in addition to all the other changes for the presale this time around - and my husband spends so much time there on business that he is really NOT a fan of the city. I am quite sure that Toronto will be added on another leg....with any luck, right around my 50th birthday lol! Of course, I'll have to take my chances with the regular sale, but so be it.

I love Montreal, but it is a midweek show and my wife is a teacher, so that was a nonstarter. And you are correct to be wary of the Bell Centre's ticketing system. I had bad experiences with them on earlier Bruce Springsteen tours.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I sign up for U2.com membership before every tour.  I only do it for the tickets.  Never again.  

No GA in Chicago. Never was a chance. Great concept for the ticketing system, but don't know what happened here. First time I ever was shut out of a U2 presale. 

Tried to help a friend--  Got into Vegas pre sale page at 1 pm exactly.  No GAs.    

• Subscriber

$716 for a pair of tickets?  I am dumbfounded.  Who pays more than $350 a ticket for 3 hours of performance?  In Washington, the only tickets offered that were not $350 are behind the stage or in the 400's.  No GA.  Very disappointing, and there are already an enormous number of tickets on offer on Craigslist, and all the ticket scalping sites, so I'm assuming the Fan Verified Ticketmaster was not the only way tickets were sold.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, DrGreg said:

I love Montreal, but it is a midweek show and my wife is a teacher, so that was a nonstarter. And you are correct to be wary of the Bell Centre's ticketing system. I had bad experiences with them on earlier Bruce Springsteen tours.

Strangely, that makes me feel even better about my decision lol! I know people complain about Ticketmaster, but I still trust them far more than any other ticketseller, even if that is not saying much. For us, Montreal is a 9-hour drive and Nashville is 10, so we figured what the heck! And since it will be spring, we don't have to worry about bad roads. We drove to NYC in January last year for one kid's university experience, and to Chicago from west of Toronto in early February last year for the other kid, so at least this time the drive is about US (and U2 of course.)

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, TheLoungeFLy said:

The page reloaded 2 minutes after 10 AM for the Experience pre-sale and all GAs were gone.  It's official:  U2 Start has declared this the worst presale since the Vertigo Tour in 2005

I think it was about 2 or 3 minutes in that I found my GAs. They were not immediately apparent, that's for sure. I think I just got lucky. I would say it was not as easy as other presales, and part of that was the unknown. I think the only thing that saved my bacon was that I did not panic in the middle of purchasing. which I have done in the past. The other thing that was interesting was that I had logged into my TM account on both my TM app on my phone, and on my desktop, with the intent to use whichever device got through first. Turned out it was my desktop. And yet, when I went for tickets in this same fashion (Verified Fan presale) for another artist last month, I had to use my phone because I was at work, and it was super fast and smooth. I almost went just with my phone. Thank goodness I didn't, because my phone was still trying to access the page when I was checking out with my tickets on my desktop.

Edited by Tracy M
adding info
  • Subscriber
21 hours ago, lukylsp said:

I got GA for St Louis and am heading there from the tour opener in Tulsa (husband got GA to that show yesterday during experience pre sale)

That said, I didn't get GA for the show happening 15min away from my house (Los Angeles) so I went St Louis instead. I'm going to try for LA tomorrow during Citi and the public on sale after that if it doesn't work out. Arg.

Don't forget, in the past there have almost always been GA ticket drops the day before and day of shows as a last minute resort if you don't want to go StubHub

That's funny- I also am near LA and couldn't get LA, San Jose or Las Vegas, but I did get GA in St Louis. Go figure!! Like you, I am going to try the public sale for the Ca venues.

On 11/15/2017 at 2:13 PM, afg said:

Currently Stubhub is showing 99 GAs available for the NY show at MSG.  Glad to see tickets are getting into the hands of the fans :angry:

Now there are 130 GA tickets available.  The cheapest is $329 all the way up to $2500.  Thank you Ticketmaster Verified Fan.

Edited by afg