Innocence presale group is a joke - NO GA or Red Zone

• Subscriber

As far as I can tell, they did not release a single extra ticket for the 2nd presale group. I've been a fan club member for years, and only ended up in the Innocence group because I forgot to renew in time. I was lucky enough to get "verified" - though who cares when there is not a single GA or Red Zone ticket available for our presale group. So absurd. Seriously - did anyone in the Innocence group get GA or Red Zone? Such a farce! After demanding an extra $40 for a membership that is still active just to have the chance to participate in this presale. The whole way they're doing the sales this time around is bound to alienate tons of long term fans. Nicely done, U2. Thanks for nothing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As far as I can tell, they did not release a single extra ticket for the 2nd presale group. I've been a fan club member for years, and only ended up in the Innocence group because I forgot to renew in

I got shut out in Boston, Nashville, Vegas and all of NYC.

I tried for Boston first 20 minutes or so everything was the  "$650 package tix"   then they opened up some tix , all were upper balcony  tix , I was able to pull up a single Lodge seat at one point ,

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, amauerbach said:

As far as I can tell, they did not release a single extra ticket for the 2nd presale group. I've been a fan club member for years, and only ended up in the Innocence group because I forgot to renew in time. I was lucky enough to get "verified" - though who cares when there is not a single GA or Red Zone ticket available for our presale group. So absurd. Seriously - did anyone in the Innocence group get GA or Red Zone? Such a farce! After demanding an extra $40 for a membership that is still active just to have the chance to participate in this presale. The whole way they're doing the sales this time around is bound to alienate tons of long term fans. Nicely done, U2. Thanks for nothing.

28 minutes ago, Peteromalley said:

I got shut out in Boston, Nashville, Vegas and all of NYC.

I tried for Boston first 20 minutes or so everything was the  "$650 package tix"   then they opened up some tix , all were upper balcony  tix , I was able to pull up a single Lodge seat at one point , but no Pairs  ....

• Sad 1
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, amauerbach said:

we all had the same problem in the Experience group yesterday. 5 seconds into the sale and no GA or Red Zone were available...But! you could purchase some super expensive ones instead!.....Ticket Master held those GA tickets back to sell to scalpers.....It was in the bigger cities, like New York, DC and Vegas.

• Subscriber

Got shut out of Boston also.  No GA was available for the innocence group.   Hoping for another try if they add additional dates. If not this will be the first tour I miss since unforgettable fire.   Sad that fans have been shut out today this tour because of Ticketmaster taking over presales for the band 

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, amauerbach said:

I was in the Innocence group (12+ year subscriber who accidentally let my subscription lapse a few years ago) and was able to get GA tickets in Atlanta pretty easily.  I actually really screwed up the buying process - grabbed reserved seats by mistake, and then couldn't figure out how to get them out of my cart (on the AXS website on my phone), but eventually was able to get a couple of GAs.

It seems like they release a small percentage of the tickets into each presale group (a sampling of the inventory throughout the venue).  It also seems like they don't drop it all at once, for some reason.  For the JT tour, I was initially unable to get GA, but then was able to get some maybe 15-20 minutes later, either due to more inventory becoming available or due to early buyers throwing them back into the pool (but it seemed like the former).

I think the lack of transparency about how all of these processes work (verification, code lottery, ticket release method) is contributing to the frustration for a bunch of people who are already super worked up about the whole thing.  All parties involved could do a better job of communicating - if we knew exactly what kind of system we were getting into, we might not like it, but at least we'd not be surprised by what's going on.

JRjr