• Subscriber

Hey, just wondering - it said anyone who buys tickets gets either a CD of Songs of Experience. I didn't see an option on checkout when I got tickets, so I'm assuming we'll get an e-mail or something telling us how to redeem it? Just want to make sure. Thanks!

Edited by zoopop2elevation
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well if you do get 4 CD's, Christmas is coming! Give them as gifts. Or you could donate one to a library or something, especially if its still in the shrink wrap. 

You'll get them eventually but it might not be as quick as with a Ticketmaster venue: i bought tickets to see Arcade Fire (amongst others) at the Bell Center and got my CDs with no problems whatsoever

Update: I got the E-Mail. It comes from Ticketmaster. And its per ticket (if you purchased 2 tickets, you can get 2 albums), so I'm getting 2 CDs. I could give one as a gift.  And yes, they do th

• Subscriber

I had the very same thing with Liam Gallagher tickets. A seperate email will come to you to redeem the album as either CD or download. You'll get this email prior to the release date and if you choose CD you should have it in hand about a week after release.

• Subscriber

Is this "redeem a CD" through Ticketmaster a legitimate thing?

Or is this some phishing scam?

And why do bands do this? I already have a pre-order in for the special edition of the new album.  I don't need another copy - since that copy will most likely be a promo disc in a cheap cardboard sleeve.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, thegrunter said:

Is this "redeem a CD" through Ticketmaster a legitimate thing?

Or is this some phishing scam?

And why do bands do this? I already have a pre-order in for the special edition of the new album.  I don't need another copy - since that copy will most likely be a promo disc in a cheap cardboard sleeve.

Legit.

Not a phishing scam.

They might include CDs because it makes their Billboard sales numbers look better.  But I'm completely guessing on this one.