Sign in to follow this  
zoopop2elevation

CD With Tickets

Did anyone that purchased tickets to the Montreal show get a CD email?

I just looked at my receipt and did not see a mention of it.

1 minute ago, angel_28 said:

I too bought for Vegas and nothing yet from AXS or TM 

I'm wondering if it was because of the second party site used for sale of these tickets, because Montreal was the same.

You'll get them eventually but it might not be as quick as with a Ticketmaster venue: i bought tickets to see Arcade Fire (amongst others) at the Bell Center and got my CDs with no problems whatsoever , in time to listen to them before the show

• Like 1

2 hours ago, U2FanInVT said:

Did anyone that purchased tickets to the Montreal show get a CD email?

I just looked at my receipt and did not see a mention of it.

I didn't get an email yet.

2 hours ago, LdeC said:

You'll get them eventually but it might not be as quick as with a Ticketmaster venue: i bought tickets to see Arcade Fire (amongst others) at the Bell Center and got my CDs with no problems whatsoever , in time to listen to them before the show

Wasn't the Arcade Fire show amazing ?

Got my emails. Not sure what I am going to do with 6 copies of the CD. I guess ebay.  

Just want to point out that the CD is not a gift.  It is figured into the price of the ticket and is a way to rig the charts so that the album debuts at #1. The crappy thing is the way they are handling the CD part.  They have my mailing address why do they need me to claim it? They want to save a couple of dollars by not shipping the ones not  claimed.  

No email here yet, but ticketing was through AXS so probably why the delay as mentioned above.  Isn't there supposed to be choice between digital download or CD?

Update: I got the E-Mail. It comes from Ticketmaster. And its per ticket (if you purchased 2 tickets, you can get 2 albums), so I'm getting 2 CDs. I could give one as a gift. 

And yes, they do this because it counts as a sale for Billboard for each album redeemed. Lots of artists do it now. Since people are less likely to buy music nowadays, its a good way to get people new music and get strong sales for at least the first week of the charts. Normally Billboard doesn't count free albums, but this isn't technically free since you're paying way more for tickets than is the cost of an album, so they count it for sales as a bundle.

Edited by zoopop2elevation
  • Like 1