Speak up! Contact Guy Oseary

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw this on fb. I've already tweeted him and the band. Charging $300+ for ONE seat that isnt RZ is how they lose us. Speak up!

I was just looking over how many shows could potentially be added to the NYC area this year compared to the 2015 tour.  In 2015, the top ticket was about $50 cheaper than today, and less of the buildi

Please make this right U2.  

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Well said leeloom & twogunpete, I agree 100%, THIS DIDN'T KEEP TICKETS OUT OF THE HANDS OF SCALPERS ALL IT DID WAS JUST SCREW U2 FANS, PERIOD!!!!!! I also agree, the band should step up and make a statement, non-disparagement or not, there are always loop holes and plenty U2 can say to it's fans without "damaging the reputation or negatively impact the organization and or possible affiliates". Aside from the simple fact that a good majority of their fans got totally screwed, which is how many thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of fans around the world, do we let that stop us from speaking up, speaking out and being heard in the hopes of evoking change, NO. Hmmm, isn't that the very philosophy to which U2 started ONE, created and expanded the various web sites, educating the masses of the many atrocities, human rights violations, along with the stories of courage, strength and hope of the people who stand up and live in the face of  tragedy, torture and terror around the world? "Isn't it ironic, don't you think?"- Alanis Morissette

My biggest concern is that with only one show in so many cities, my guess, the likelihood of them adding more shows, as they often do, especially in the major cities, are very high, so what are they going to do than? Have us go through the same thing, only to screw us one, two, three times over yet again, further angering, disappointing and possibly lose more fans then they could have ever imagined, especially the new, or younger fans that have grown up in this generation, for the connection to the music and development of loyalty to band aren't always mutually exclusive.  

• Subscriber

I think this is the first time U2 needs to put it's philosophy, ideals, values and very character of the band where their mouth is and prove it directly to fans!!! THE MOMENT OF TRUTH IS FINALLY UPON US! After decades of music, loyal, active fans, selling out arena's, stadium, etc. around the world, induction into R&R Hall Of Fame, admiration, inspiration, accolades and awards recognizing the band for their fight for human rights, peace and freedom for all, the biggest question to date remains to be answered, have they finally lost touch? Have they sold out, have they relinquished just enough control to the wrong people they have finally lost it and now, as a result, are slave to whatever happens, complelety handcuffed by legally binding contracts? WHERE DO THE FANS EXIST IN ALL OF THIS?

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

Knowing how U2 treats their fans, it is hard believe they agreed to such a contract. It is hard to believe that Larry, "The Edge", Adam and Bono would have ever agreed, that the sale of their concert tickets should only go to a "SELECT", according to TM, few by singling out certain paid subscribers or whatever determines "Selected". This doesn't even begin to explain the general verified fan sale, how do you "Select" from the general public where there is no distinction but according to TM it's not random? Then add insult to injury, you know TM has overpriced tickets through re-sale, i.e. "scalping", which is the very thing Guy so brilliantly thought he was preventing. It's basically TM giving a giant middle finger!