REASON FOR S.O.E. ALBUM DELAY LAST YEAR??

bagdifo

• Subscriber

So far from what I've heard lyrically from the first few songs, I'm not hearing anything 'so controversial'  that would warrant a concern to delay the release of the new album last year... IMO.

But it was nice of the boys to throw in a tour in between!! So I forgive them!

• Subscriber

I think that the band have been hobbled by self doubt and second guessing ever since POP was released before they felt it was finished. 

Now albums have approximately four different producers and are worked on, polished and repolished, then scrapped and redone all over again.

The SOE songs will sound excellent live because the band will have to strip away all the layers of Taylor Swift production to play them. There is solid U2 drum, bass and guitar under all that studio sparkle and shine.

Edited by CorkVegan

• Subscriber

Lol at the stripping away the Taylor Swift production  :lol:

I think the delay was a couple of things, they wanted to evaluate the songs & see if there might be more to say.

Also, it’s been mentioned that Bono underwent an unknown brush with mortality. I think this was the delay. It sounds like it gave him a new perspective on life & he wanted to leave behind letters to people who mean something to him. Friends, family, fans...etc