This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

• Subscriber

Lifelong fan and I can’t stop with the new songs. All of them are very solid. Blackout is fantastic so is Get out of your own way  into American Soul. Put in the amazing The Little Things That Give You Away and this could be one of their best which is incredible after all these years.  And from a live show perspective these will all sound really good live. Especially Blackout. 

• Like 6
  • Brilliant 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm tending to agree. I recall in my late teens - this band released 'The Joshua Tree'. I recall hearing the first single lifted off the album - it was called 'With or Without You' (i know you know),

Lifelong fan and I can’t stop with the new songs. All of them are very solid. Blackout is fantastic so is Get out of your own way  into American Soul. Put in the amazing The Little Things That Give Yo

Any honest opinion is obviously legitimate , but one aspect of this album which I think is undeniable, is that it is an incredibly thoughtful album. It's incredibly honest, nuanced in some metaph

Posted Images

• Subscriber

I'm tending to agree. I recall in my late teens - this band released 'The Joshua Tree'. I recall hearing the first single lifted off the album - it was called 'With or Without You' (i know you know), strange sound n all that and thinking 'what the feck is this - bit feckin wierd - this isn't 'Pride', this isn't 'Homecoming' , where is 'Bad' #2? - what the feck is this? this is slow!!

Who recalls the first time they heard 'The Fly' as a first release off AB? Raised eyebrows? Always with U2, it wouldn't be the same U2 if they didn't pose the questions

I think this release is full of 'growers' - I base that only on what I've heard - this is going to be an absolutely cool album quite possibly their best since HTDAAB, perhaps exceed that.

Th'on 'With Or Without You' turned out not to bad after all.B)

There's a lot of U2 haters out there - humans hate successful longevity as a trait.

OK, as an honest U2 fan, No Line & SOI, whilst both containing great tracks, weren't critically acclaimed, and perhaps were perceived as weaker album releases - I struggle to buy into that. There is no such thing as a bad U2 album. There is such a thing as progress though. I believe this release will be progress.

In your 50's - you will never replicate your 20's or 30's - life unfortunately curtails that to some degree - not many better than U2 at giving it a damned good go!

Here's to 1st December!

Edited by yardie
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1
  • Subscriber

I agree! I actually overall liked Songs of Innocence and I am looking forward to its counterpart! The five songs that we've heard so far are great, it sounds like an awesome rock album and I can't wait to hear these songs live!

• Like 3
  • Subscriber

Love The Blackout....YTBTAM really grew on me after a few listens, American Soul sounds pretty cool, and Get Out Of Your Own Way is a bit too syrupy and some of the lyrics make me cringe.  Overall, I feel optimistic about this album and I am really looking forward to it.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

Agree! I think this has the makings of a fantastic album! The Blackout is my contender for tour opener.........a bit like when Elevation was used with the house lights up for that tour, and then blackout part way through! I think American Soul is excellent. GOOYOW is growing on me with every listen. I'm excited for this album :-D

• Subscriber

Albums leaked... again:rolleyes: FFS, I'm waiting for Dec 1st, very tempted to have a little listen but its only a week now and we've had 5 songs already anyway. I'm not spoiling it this time round and looking forward to getting the CD i ordered, although i'm sure it won't turn up on the day!.