This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

• Subscriber
On 6/12/2018 at 12:11 AM, Manohlive said:

This American would love to see Robbie Williams do an unplugged show.  

Do you know him? Because he's not famous in America...
Anyway, he's a big fan of U2, for the record. :)

Interesting point about COBL by Adam :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm tending to agree. I recall in my late teens - this band released 'The Joshua Tree'. I recall hearing the first single lifted off the album - it was called 'With or Without You' (i know you know),

Lifelong fan and I can’t stop with the new songs. All of them are very solid. Blackout is fantastic so is Get out of your own way  into American Soul. Put in the amazing The Little Things That Give Yo

Any honest opinion is obviously legitimate , but one aspect of this album which I think is undeniable, is that it is an incredibly thoughtful album. It's incredibly honest, nuanced in some metaph

Posted Images

• Subscriber
Just now, seresere said:

Do you know him? Because he's not famous in America...
Anyway, he's a big fan of U2, for the record. :)

Interesting point about COBL by Adam :rolleyes:

Yes, I do know him.  MTV played Angels for a week and not often.  I luckily saw it and have been a fan ever since.  Feel is one of my favorite tunes.  Kids with Kylie ain't bad either.  I am very fond of his music.   thanks.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, KEV ANGELL said:

Doubt Macphisto will hold back on Brexit if he doesn’t like it ?

Very good point.  Now you guys get the tour.  I am excited to see how they change the story accordingly. 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1
  • Subscriber

Now that the tour has left America:  SOE in America...Not once, to my knowledge, did my president rant on twitter, a podium or camera and attempt to squash U2/Bono/scary Mac Phisto with words.  

• Haha 1
  • Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Yes, I do know him.  MTV played Angels for a week and not often.  I luckily saw it and have been a fan ever since.  Feel is one of my favorite tunes.  Kids with Kylie ain't bad either.  I am very fond of his music.   thanks.

Interesting! I like him, especially as male solo artist.

Back IT, :P

I don't know if this has been already posted before :rolleyes:, anyway

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/goss/674717/Bono-Robbie-WIlliams-Wired-saved-from-ego-Miley-Cyrus-The-Jonas-Brothers-Jess-Glynne

I love The Showman even more :wub:

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Now that the tour has left America:  SOE in America...Not once, to my knowledge, did my president rant on twitter, a podium or camera and attempt to squash U2/Bono/scary Mac Phisto with words.  

He was too busy making sure Sessions was separating parents and children at the border and putting the kids in cages. :rolleyes:

More seriously, though, he has quite a bit dividing what little attention span he has. He also didn't say anything last summer when the criticism of him was much more pointed via that movie clip they found - that still makes me laugh! :lol: It's from a real movie too:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trackdown-trump-character-wall/

Back on topic: SOE is the brightest gem of 2017 and 2018. B)

• Subscriber

I think he's a wimp and knew Bono would have a field day with him, so he avoided commenting on any of it.  One does not criticize Donald Trump without notice.  This is about U2 and not Donald Trump.  For me, it's very interesting Trump did not criticize Bono or U2.  At the shows, Bono talks about both sides coming together.  It's tough to argue with a white flag..

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1
  • Subscriber
On 6/11/2018 at 6:11 PM, Manohlive said:

This American would love to see Robbie Williams do an unplugged show.  

When I was living in England, I did get to appreciate his music a bit. I liked him better solo than with Take That too.

However, I do wish he would not jeopardize Mr. Page's house. I know The Edge, his buddy from "It Might Get Loud", wouldn't like it either.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/jul/08/stairway-to-heaven-jimmy-page-castle-is-his-home-led-zeppelin

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, dmway said:

Back on topic: SOE is the brightest gem of 2017 and 2018. B)

I was talking about Bono's ability with words being no match for the other person.  Nothing more was intended.  It was a salute to Bono's writing. Mich40 said something in a live thread about his ability to do this, even when people don't agree with him.  I am paraphrasing it. 

The whole SOE experience had much more of an impact on me than I expected. I've never analyzed a show as much as this one.  I have two questions about the lyrics of SOE:  The Best Thing that ever 'happened a boy'.  Is this a figure of speech with which I'm not familiar?  I'd never heard it before.  I love the witty rhythm of those three words.  Lights of Home...what the hell, what the hell you got for me?...is a very provocative flip.  It kinda freaks me out and frightens me.  It reminds me to keep my eye on the ball. I can't even sing those words.  I have to change them.  (just me)  I understand how he flips them.  I don't quite understand how he pulls it off so well.  It's why I admire him as a writer.  Why do you think he did this?  Of what is he speaking?  Greed?  It seems a very complicated line.  For me, it has shades of Until The End of the World in addressing, questioning and challennging a higher power.  How does it fit into the narrative of the whole?  I'm still trying to figure out lyrics I heard seven moths ago.  I also first now realized that it is 50 years since our summer of love.  It's given that song new meaning.  I still don't know what Red Flag Day is about and I don't care.  No disrespect.  Hopefully I'll figure it out.  I love that guitar and Bono singing-I love Larry and Adam on that song.  I have not gotten past the music to the lyrical content.  I don't intend on that happening any time soon because I love that music. SOE is definitely my favorite album of 2017..  

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, dmway said:

There is also an excellent article about Madaleine Albright on the same page to which this link leads.  I have always loved her and think she is a hero.  II's easy to forget how much trailblazing she has accomplished and how much wisdom she possesses.  It's also quite apropos to what U2 is saying with SOE.  Great article.  I only got through two paragraphs of the Jimmy Page's house story, dmway.  I saw the one on Albright and could not resist.  I'll read the one you reference when I can give it more attention. Thanks.  I'm donating to The Guardian.  I click a link posted in these threads and end up reading several articles on the page to which the link leads.  I can't wait to read her new book.  It sounds very interesting and timely. .

• Like 1
  • bigwave unfeatured this topic