This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm tending to agree. I recall in my late teens - this band released 'The Joshua Tree'. I recall hearing the first single lifted off the album - it was called 'With or Without You' (i know you know),

Lifelong fan and I can’t stop with the new songs. All of them are very solid. Blackout is fantastic so is Get out of your own way  into American Soul. Put in the amazing The Little Things That Give Yo

Any honest opinion is obviously legitimate , but one aspect of this album which I think is undeniable, is that it is an incredibly thoughtful album. It's incredibly honest, nuanced in some metaph

Posted Images

• Subscriber
On 10/27/2018 at 11:07 PM, peterferris8 said:

SOE definitely becomes an even more incredible album when played live.

I agree. SOE showed live its energy as well as its intensity. It’s the best album the guys made in this century 

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

Slightly off-topic, but, since the e&i tour was in support of this album, I’m going to post this here instead of the live thread that this subject first appeared in.

I want to tip my hat 🎩 to the U2.com shop for delivering the item that I ordered from the leftovers from the European tour so quickly! Despite its being shipped from the UK, I got it today - I was expecting it to take another week. (They actually sent it International Priority, but didn’t fleece me for the costs of the shipping when I ordered it - a nice change from the past!)

I don’t know how much more is left in the store from the European goodies, but, if you ordered something/will order something, it may end up arriving faster than usual.

OK - back to the regular service of praising SOE. 👍

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber
37 minutes ago, seresere said:

... I've to say...

Happy B-Day, SoE!! 😊

:SoE:

❤️

A couple more hours for me for it to be official, but I wanted to acknowledge the birthday/anniversary of SOE’s release too! I’m glad you got the ball rolling! 😎

Happy 1st Birthday/Anniversary, Songs of Experience!

:SoE_01:  

• Like 1
  • Community Moderator

I still can’t get over how much this album (and tour) grabbed me. Usually after a tour, I’ll put away an album for a rest for a while. Still haven’t been able to do that with this one. Still in heavy rotation. 

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

I thought Dec 11th was the official release of SOE.  I now see it was yesterday.  Did EI tickets go on sale December 11?  If not, perhaps it's the date I realized how incredible SOE is from start to finish.  I have the cd I got from buying tickets, plus the bonus one.  They play, one after the other, off my system..  Lately, I've been in the other room packing stuff and letting SOE play the second time without realizing it.  I eventually notice and think I should hear something else.  That is usually when Bono sings, :"When you look so good".   Almost every time that line makes me realize I'm into the second listen.  I've been letting it play and listening to both as though I never heard the first.  It's a remarkable album.  It's also remarkably fun to dance to it.  It's hard to believe we are on first anniversaries of SOE/EI..  This will always be a very special marking point of my life.  Happy second year of life to Songs of Experience.  

Edited by Manohlive
  • bigwave unfeatured this topic