Sign in to follow this  
hope3702

This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

38 minutes ago, edgebenson said:

For me, this is a solid album. This is 2017 and I don't expect U2 matching glory days of JT, AB, etc. and thats ok with me.  As I said before, Bruce will never make another "Born to Run", Stones will never make another "Exile", etc.  U2 has made mistakes in their 40 year history (R&H movie, Releasing POP prematurely which is still a great album, and lets not forget the free upload of SOI to iTunes disaster) but they always seem to learn from them.  This album proves it in my opinion.  

I love Rattle and Hum....it was a ballsy Record.....Full of experimenting.....exploring.....and paying homage to the musical greats that paved the way for them....

I thought the gospel version of Still haven't found.....so extraordinary....breaking down racial barriers and giving credit to the origins of rock music.

All I want is You has got to be one of the most perfect songs ever written by U2. I Love risk taking U2....art for art sake......Rattle and hum was so punk rock....really. Pop was ahead of it's time.....sounds modern to this day. Mofo.....is an autobiography of Bono...torn between himself, God and his stage face/persona. These records seem more sincere.....true to themselves/vision.....

Now....they are trying to hard. Who cares if this current generation doesn't appreciate them....they should put on their punk rock pants and say f**k off....because nothing of this new musical generation will sustain a 40 year career, not even close. I believe U2 is the first of their kind.....they have outlasted any Rock band/star in history....

Stones are merited by name only.....not through reinventing themselves from pioneering Talent.

3 hours ago, badsilver said:

Oh the first time hearing the Fly? I thought they had lost their damn minds. Thank God for that! 

yes.....completely.....you bring me back to that moment of shock.....what the hell is this?

Genius.....as I slapped myself  a few weeks later for being so closed minded/ignorant.

9 hours ago, OB said:

No doubt, as far as I remember most U2 albums at first I wasn't impressed and then start to love them. On SOE few tracks I am just not sure.

That said, I agreed that we are blessed as fans on having U2 around after all these years making albums and having tours. I think they will be like the Rolling Stones touring until their late 70's. ;)

I agree they will be around until their bodies/mind submit to mortality.......but, I think u2 is the first of their kind....No other band has sustained a diverse musical palette and adaptation to the changing times than them. Stones have credibility/status by name only.....U2 has lasted 40 years by visionary talent alone.

Edited by unforgettableu2

28 minutes ago, unforgettableu2 said:

I love Rattle and Hum....it was a ballsy Record.....Full of experimenting.....exploring.....and paying homage to the musical greats that paved the way for them....

I thought the gospel version of Still haven't found.....so extraordinary....breaking down racial barriers and giving credit to the origins of rock music.

All I want is You has got to be one of the most perfect songs ever written by U2. I Love risk taking U2....art for art sake......Rattle and hum was so punk rock....really. Pop was ahead of it's time.....sounds modern to this day. Mofo.....is an autobiography of Bono...torn between himself, God and his stage face/persona. These records seem more sincere.....true to themselves/vision.....

Now....they are trying to hard. Who cares if this current generation doesn't appreciate them....they should put on their punk rock pants and say f**k off....because nothing of this new musical generation will sustain a 40 year career, not even close. I believe U2 is the first of their kind.....they have outlasted any Rock band/star in history....

Stones are merited by name only.....not through reinventing themselves from pioneering Talent.

I was referring to the movie.  I honestly love both the album and movie but it got panned.  

1 hour ago, edgebenson said:

I was referring to the movie.  I honestly love both the album and movie but it got panned.  

Oh, I apologize... & misunderstood.....

The movie panned....because it wasn't what the general population/fans anticipated it would be.....a personal insight/details into their lives.....

What Rattle n' Hum actually was....as Larry plainly said it....".it's a musical journey.".....or a autobiography about their journey into crafting, shaping and developing the U2 trademark sounds(ever evolving process)....

And.....then summarized this very idea again with Achtung Baby's  lyrical genius ,The Fly...."Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief
All kill their inspiration and sing about their grief"

Edited by unforgettableu2

19 minutes ago, angelofharlem4u2 said:

The R&H film had so many special moments:  When U2 visited the church in Harlem, collaborating with B.B. King, Bono's speech during SBS, the visit to Graceland.

yes.... the band exposed such wisdom & humility at their young ages within the 80's era.....

They revealed how open they were as artists....willing to explore and yet, had the wisdom to learn from other musicians who earned their esteemed status and paved the way for emerging talent.

The old is not forgotten.....because they are the pillars who shape/influence change in the present/future.

Hi Just wondering if anyone downloaded the deluxe version from ITunes? If yes did it download the full album to your ipod or just 16 of the 17 tracks listed. The full album shows up in my ITunes Library but only 16 show up on my Ipod (track 17 is missing). Should I just hook up my Ipod again and let it sync more one time?

I had a problem getting YTBTAM and the remix of it even downloading to my phone, but I'll give a shout-out to Apple's support technicians, because I've had similar problems before and they get it to work every single time. If you aren't able to get it to sync this time, hit them up.

Sometimes itunes will put a song under collaborations if the artist name contains a featured artist. I've recently seen this with Taylor Swift's new album (and I've seen it in the past). Try searching for the song name if you haven't tried that.