Sign in to follow this  
hope3702

This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

I am obsessed with this album.  So many incredible songs that get better and better the more you listen to them.  The Little Things is rapidly becoming one of my favorite U2 songs ever - just phenomenal.  

• Like 3

One of my ongoing criticisms when I see U2 live is how highly they regard their 'hit' material from ATYCLB and unfortunately this album appears to be influenced by that. 

I wish they'd go more rock or more blues rather than stick to the big 'pop' sound. 

Live I think this album could provide some cracking moments. 

Long term not sure It will rate high in their catalogue as a whole.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JCF said:

Ha! My 5 year old loves Blackout and sings along!

Isn't that funny?  That is the song my 4 year keeps asking me to play.  I'm not sure how little kids connect with that song but I think it's great.  When she was 2 she loved "Every Breaking Wave" and "Song For Someone," I hope U2 knows they are making a lot of new fans that are a lot younger than they had anticipated!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, brunoiosephi said:

Fans of U2Fortaleza, yet to hangover, are to hearing special SOE

PicsArt_12-05-10.45.37.jpg

This is beautiful!

22 hours ago, dmway said:

I have received the email for both of the tickets I have bought. I am intrigued to see if I end up getting 2 copies of the CD (I'm thinking that I will - I'll let everyone know)...

On a related front, I have received my pre-sale ticket in the mail today for the first Philadelphia show - so others who got tickets for this show and don't have them yet should watch their mailboxes closely over the next few days.

On 12/4/2017 at 10:07 PM, Manohlive said:

My cd is already in the mail and I have a tracking number.  You should get an email a couple days after you bought your ticket.  Yes, I am streaming it.  The cd arrives Monday, December 8, 2017.  I hope it's 2017...it is TM but they were pretty quick with me.

17 hours ago, angelofharlem4u2 said:

I had already pre-ordered it on iTunes, and was surprised about the CD notification after I purchased a ticket.  Mine is on the way.  

...and my order is on the way as well. Projected arrival on Fri., Dec. 8 and, yes, 2CDs are coming, as I had guessed. I can now give a copy or two as an Xmas gift. :)

SOE is simply amazing.

The very beginning is a pure gem: love is all we have left gives you an incredible emotion  and represents the take off of a fantastic journey.

The album mix personal emotion, love for family, fear of death, hope for the future with a solid political stand in favour of solidarity and shelter.

In my opinion the best U2 work of this century so far

• Like 1

9 hours ago, globaltraveler said:

Isn't that funny?  That is the song my 4 year keeps asking me to play.  I'm not sure how little kids connect with that song but I think it's great.  When she was 2 she loved "Every Breaking Wave" and "Song For Someone," I hope U2 knows they are making a lot of new fans that are a lot younger than they had anticipated!

My kids too. 10 and 6 year old both sing "when the lights go out, its time to go to bed, silent reading's over now". Classic.

Edited by brendo1704
  • Like 2

Well...little update,,,

As angelofharlem4u2 said, I'm enjoying the war taking place over this record in reviews, forums, youtube, the feedback is out of control.

'One of the Best' or 'U2's Dirty(est) Day' and no line on the horizon for the middle ground! Many complain there's too much slow dancing, but I think it's a magnificent

record.

So I switched out The Showman, and putting Book of your Heart into the heart of the record changed the experience for me.

So as we head into winter, I wish you all stay warm and don't get too numb this holiday season.

Now it's time for my disappearing act.

>>>>Exit.

• Like 1

This is a fantastic album, so varied and rich in substance and quality of the music.  I have been listening to it nonstop and during my work commutes and I cannot wait to hear this album live!

• Like 1