Sign in to follow this  
hope3702

This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

Red Flag Day - so pure, so great to listen too.

This IS an album.B)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, bettydalton said:

Dermo, you arent missing anything. Beware of the even bigger disappointment when you actually HEAR the new album.

What can one expect from an album with 8 boyband producers, 9 different mixers, recorded in 10 places.

Compare that to the Joshua Tree with 2 producers, 1 mixer, recorded in 1 place...

Less is more....

unfortunately,I agree with this.I was hoping that the album would grow on me.I have listened to it a lot,but its not happening.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, electricco said:

S O E only heard about 10 times .................. the more i listen to it the more           I really love it ///

Anyway  No Line on the Horizon is my favourite U2 album of the 2000’s .................

Life is short
It’s the longest thing you’ll ever do
The worst, the curse
Was that your dreams came true
God is a mirror in which each man sees himself
Hell is a place where you don’t need any help
When I first met you, your face was like snow
Forever, wherever you wanted to go
Your face, your grace, your can of mace
Your case as you put it down
8.17 on the ground
Your faith in a clown
Your faith in a clown
Don’t leave me now
Don’t leave me now
Alone in the song
Don’t leave me now
Alone in the song
Don't leave me now ................................

Moment of surrender.....I just played/listened to that song today.  Bone chilling....visceral.....reflects much of what Bono's expressed emotionally in SOE....

Pleading with God......what is my purpose..who I am beyond the crafted image? Beyond the human condition of original sin and self preservation...

Worldly "conditional" admiration Vs. Godly, perfected unconditional love....

As  Lyrically Follows:

I've been in every black hole
At the altar of a dark star
My body's now a begging bowl
That's begging to get back
Begging to get back to my heart
To the rhythm of my soul
To the rhythm of my consciousness
To the rhythm that yearns
To be released from control

Edited by unforgettableu2
spelling

34 minutes ago, unforgettableu2 said:

Moment of surrender.....I just played/listened to that song today.  Bone chilling....visceral.....reflects much of what Bono's expressed emotionally in SOE....

Pleading with God......what is my purpose..who I am beyond the crafted image? Beyond the human condition of original sin and self preservation...

Worldly "conditional" admiration Vs. Godly, perfected unconditional love....

As  Lyrically Follows:

I've been in every black hole
At the altar of a dark star
My body's now a begging bowl
That's begging to get back
Begging to get back to my heart
To the rhythm of my soul
To the rhythm of my consciousness
To the rhythm that yearns
To be released from control

Yes!! Moment of Surrender is one of their absolute masterpieces for me. I keep thinking of it when I listen to The Little Things.  (Every song on Little Things has another U2 companion song for me, sometimes two, that I feel like it's in conversation with, either musically or lyrically.. These two are musical companions for me, if not lyrically, but they share the same spiritual aching.)  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JCF said:

Yes!! Moment of Surrender is one of their absolute masterpieces for me. I keep thinking of it when I listen to The Little Things.  (Every song on Little Things has another U2 companion song for me, sometimes two, that I feel like it's in conversation with, either musically or lyrically.. These two are musical companions for me, if not lyrically, but they share the same spiritual aching.)  

JCF....

It's weird....but ever since I listened to U2(since 1983/12 years old).....I understood them......like I was wearing their skin......breathing/exhaling the same air....

I feel as you do.....but, you know.....Bono has been asking these same spiritually intimate questions since the beginning.

He is conflicted with his will to create art and his perceived calling to serve others & God. This very notion was challenged with Larry and Edge when they where in the shalom fellowship, in Dublin.(Adam didn't belong). They almost broke up because the Shalom group challenged them and said Rock bands and God don't mix.  They obviously challenged that narrow notion....in that religion & spirituality are two separate things......and religion often gets in the way of GOD.

Adam wanted no part of religious dogma..... but wanted to be in the band. That is how U2 became the most coolest spiritual/anti-religion rock band in the world.:Zoo_Angel:

Bono fights with this, I believe....He still puts action and servitude into his devout christian beliefs..... through the music and his service for others. But, the rock culture is full of temptation, greed, doubt, idolatry, sex, drugs....and just plain self-indulgence.

I don't think Bono has found what he is looking for yet.....???? But, do we ever? 

Edited by unforgettableu2

On 12/4/2017 at 11:53 PM, dmway said:

I hope they didn't tell you that because December 8, 2017 is a Friday this year! :lol:

Ticketmaster is trying to mess with calendars now... :o

that's funny.   thanks.  i need a new brain for Christmas.

On 12/5/2017 at 11:59 AM, KEV ANGELL said:

They played it all between Noel and The boys at Twickenham back in July.....happy days! 

I saw Noel and the boys in Milwaukee, WI USA.  They sounded incredible.  He's funny.  I've never seen a rock star make his fans laugh by insulting the lot of them in concert.  He was literally calling people dumb f##ks.  They laughed.  It was great.  I love Noel Gallagher.  He was being heckled and never missed a beat with a great one line comeback and they were all funny.  He's a cock but he's so good at it and that magical music. I'm loving his new solo cd and the new High Flying Birds cd and cannot wait until they return.  There were a bunch of English people who were following his shows.  He even called them losers (or something of the sort) for doing that.  He's always been one of my favorites but having seen him live with the HFB made me an even bigger fan.

7 hours ago, JCF said:

Yes!! Moment of Surrender is one of their absolute masterpieces for me.

I concur.

10 hours ago, pride said:

What can one expect from an album with 8 boyband producers, 9 different mixers, recorded in 10 places.

How are there 8 boyband producers on this album?  If one of whom you speak is Ryan Tedder; he is far, far, far from a boyband producer.  I've seen him live, with One Republic, live quite a few times and that guy has major talent. The whole band is great live. 

I disagree with you.  I think using different influences makes for different styles and they were able to weave them all into a very solid and coherent album.  If they keep to the same producers/sound then they are old and tired.  If they stretch in different directions then they are not staying true to the band that they were. These are the most common complaints I hear and read about new music from bands.

I also think that this album is scaled back compared to some of their previous works.

10 hours ago, pride said:

Less is more...

They may have had less producers for TJT but let's not forget that one producer had to pretty much be tackled because he was about to erase Streets.  Some times more is less.  I'm not criticizing you.  I'm respectfully disagreeing.  I have to be honest in saying I don't like the 8 boyband producers comment.  I've paid no attention to who did what.  That will come later for me.  Right now I'm listening to the album and not worrying about who did what.  It does not sound like there are too many cooks in the kitchen.  It sounds like there was a master chef.  mho    I love the new album. 

• Like 1