Sign in to follow this  
hope3702

This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

7 hours ago, Manohlive said:

A Miracle......A Miracle Drug.  I love that song.

Yes Mano....so do I.....

my favorite line of all......has so much meaning.....

"Freedom has a scent
Like the top of a newborn baby's head"

A baby's head has sutures/plates that aren't fully fused to allow the volume of the brain to grow/mature......

There is freedom in youth/innocence....so much to learn/explore....

A openness to seek and create without inhibitions....

Every artist seeks this.....needs to retain a youthful mind to remain open/self-aware....once those plates fuse/close.....is when child becomes the adult and often imagination/creativity is limited.

Drugs for some....opens the youthful mind....falsely frees themselves/inhibitions....

but, truly....the miracle drug is in us all....inside our own imaginations....and allowing ourselves to express it....without judgement or fears from others.(or ourselves)....

Edited by unforgettableu2

9 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Hey!  NO knocking Debbie Gibson or Tiffany!  haha

What you wrote and I quoted is very funny.  I'm still laughing.  Thank you.

Thanks! Like I said, the entire essay was so obnoxious it was hilarious. I was such a 13-year-old snob, but I stand by my 30 year devotion to U2!

3 hours ago, razspazz said:

The correct internet etiquette would be to blame someone else for something unrelated, flame them in a personal manner, and then never revisit the subject of your mis-quote.

Raz...I love ya ! lol

4 hours ago, razspazz said:

The correct internet etiquette would be to blame someone else for something unrelated, flame them in a personal manner, and then never revisit the subject of your mis-quote.

THAT IS SO FUNNY.  Oh my gosh am I laughing.  Thank you so much.   I really needed that because I just wrote a book apologizing to someone on this site and I'm worried I pissed off another or misquoted or did something awful in doing so.

I love you guys and I don't even know you. 

After more than a week of steady listening on Spotify (the vinyl still hasn’t arrived from Live Nation), I can’t shake the opinion that this is easily U2’s worst album. Just embarrassing. I can’t help cringe at different points throughout the album. U2 is more corporation than band now. It’s too late to quit with grace; can they quit before they become evil? (My experience with Live Nation tells me no.)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, newsman said:

After more than a week of steady listening on Spotify (the vinyl still hasn’t arrived from Live Nation), I can’t shake the opinion that this is easily U2’s worst album. Just embarrassing. I can’t help cringe at different points throughout the album. U2 is more corporation than band now. It’s too late to quit with grace; can they quit before they become evil? (My experience with Live Nation tells me no.)

There is some intelligent nuanced magic....let it reach you. That does not mean you have to like everything or anything, but if you appreciated them for many moons, I think you might get some of what is on the plate and being served. GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY kills me. I love it. Juxtapose and reveal the absolute crazy and absurd life that exists in the US right now by not giving a free pass to the people. Beautifully, intelligently written and played. Cheers.

2 hours ago, economicformula said:

There is some intelligent nuanced magic....let it reach you. That does not mean you have to like everything or anything, but if you appreciated them for many moons, I think you might get some of what is on the plate and being served. GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY kills me. I love it. Juxtapose and reveal the absolute crazy and absurd life that exists in the US right now by not giving a free pass to the people. Beautifully, intelligently written and played. Cheers.

No. Nothing nuanced about it. The album sucks. 

Its interesting to go back and look at reviews from U2's earlier stuff. Two stand out as super interesting  - JT and UF. 

For UF - rolling stone said Eno was an unecessary extra. There was also a comment about the album just going on and on and leaving many fans asking what happened.

For JT - rolling stone said that it was not quite a return to the fire of war..but a step in the right direction. Also said there were no sure fire hits on the albu.m.

No real point to this post. Just interesting to browse back.

Edited by brendo1704

48 minutes ago, newsman said:

No. Nothing nuanced about it. The album sucks. 

Lol. The whole thing ? Or just the parts the reflect the narcicistic imploding of America as we know it ? 

11 hours ago, neilz said:

This album is just great start to finish, the track order chosen is perfect. Really getting into Red Flag Day right now, I think it will be fantastic live....

Can't wait for Chicago and LV shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself...I'll see you in Vegas! The album is SO MUCH BETTER when listened to in the order that the band chose.

Separate question. What's up with Summer of Love? Album credit is given to U2 for lyrics and music but part of the music was clearly "West Coast/Colors" by OneRepublic back in early 2016 (and they said it was going to be their next single). What gives? Just go to Youtube and search. Obviously Ryan Tedder was producer of SOL but the chorus is clearly the same as Colors/WC.

Edited by malaboo