Sign in to follow this  
hope3702

This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

This is a great album with heartfelt songs, I have spent the past 20 years working away from home Landlady felt so personal. I don't have a key !

Edited by MrHuwGriffiths

I love the album so much!!!!

My favorite song is by far Book of Your Heart--to me this is a perfect synthesis of the band's career. Too bad it's only on the Deluxe edition of the album. I don't understand why it's not on the regular album...

• Like 3

Each time I listen to the record, I hear something new. It has been a grower for me. I wasn't that thrilled after hearing it from the start. Call me crazy, but I liked SOI from the start. 

• Like 2

Love the way they ignite the lightbulbs on this performance akind to the big lightbulb Bono swung over his head on the opening live tracks during the 'Innocence' Tour.  A definite connection for me between the two albums. 

Edited by yardie
  • Like 3

GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY is scoring a tad more than a couple others, for me.

On the backing singers concept, I like the idea of simply having a  really vocally talented lady and gent.

It's just occurred to me that Adam's bassline on Red Flag Day bears a bit of similarity with the one on The Troubles. Seems the callbacks to SOI aren't just lyrical.

5 minutes ago, peterferris8 said:

It's just occurred to me that Adam's bassline on Red Flag Day bears a bit of similarity with the one on The Troubles. Seems the callbacks to SOI aren't just lyrical.

Agree, they're also symbolic - just amended my last you tube share - lightbulbs.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 6:06 PM, yardie said:

Agree, they're also symbolic - just amended my last you tube share - lightbulbs.

That is a cool song.

My son must be getting into my era of music a fair bit - loves the drums- and mentioned to me yesterday that RED FLAG DAY's opening sounds like the start of something The English Beat might have put out....ska with your tea anyone ?!

• Like 1