This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, economicformula said:

GONE. All time favourite tune live or otherwise but esp live.  Depending upon if and how they play RFDay, could alter my universe. 

Yep - LOVE Gone. GREAT song. IMHO, Red Flag Day will make the playlist...I'm right or I'm not... :)

3 hours ago, BigBunny said:

they have ignored *POP* for too long. for me if I could hear a *POP* song live again it would be either Mofo or LNOE. GONE is easily in the top 4 of that album along with Please

I saw Popmart once 20 years ago and sadly I can't remember much about the show :Zoo_Baby:

edgemofoax3.gif.f53e2fc555b28c8fc57abef07021cf6b.gif

...and that's why you need to watch the Mexico City DVD again! :D

I love how this thread seems to talk about almost every album but SOE sometimes!

Well, in honor of its being ignored in its own thread, I'm off to listen to it again. :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm tending to agree. I recall in my late teens - this band released 'The Joshua Tree'. I recall hearing the first single lifted off the album - it was called 'With or Without You' (i know you know),

Lifelong fan and I can’t stop with the new songs. All of them are very solid. Blackout is fantastic so is Get out of your own way  into American Soul. Put in the amazing The Little Things That Give Yo

Any honest opinion is obviously legitimate , but one aspect of this album which I think is undeniable, is that it is an incredibly thoughtful album. It's incredibly honest, nuanced in some metaph

Posted Images

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Global Sales are poor though compared to the old days.

That's true for rock music across the board - no surprise there...

Tragically, we live in a rap/hip-hop and lame pop music world now. (No disrespect to the first - all the disrespect I can muster for the second.)

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Global Sales are poor though compared to the old days.

Sadly, downloading has seriously affected record/cd sales for all music and the charts mean nothing anymore. Rock will make a comeback at some point in the next few years, it always does. Playing live is now the main way Bands make money and is probably a lot to do with U2 touring 3 times in the last 5 years, especially as they are sadly coming to the end of their careers in next 5 - 10 or so years. U2 are probably weirdly more popular globally than they have ever been but less so in the UK as music fans here are a little bit snobby for some reason but thats why i love this band, they just do their thing. People claim they are too political now but they have always been political as we the fans know and understand, i suppose social media just gives people a louder voice these days.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

I agree U2 get an awful press in the UK

'Cause they're Irish. U2 don't really get awful press in Northern Ireland though, which is also part of the UK. They are very much embraced 'up north' :lol:

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Coldplay sold over a million copies of a head full of dreams in the U.K. SOE 60000. That’s pretty woeful even by today’s standards.

I agree U2 get an awful press in the UK

but the masses love Coldplay because they are the Soylent Green of music puke.gif.be055a441adf8325de93a71498dc3131.gif

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, yardie said:

'Cause they're Irish. U2 don't really get awful press in Northern Ireland though, which is also part of the UK. They are very much embraced 'up north' :lol:

23 minutes ago, BigBunny said:

but the masses love Coldplay because they are the Soylent Green of music puke.gif.be055a441adf8325de93a71498dc3131.gif

Both correct! :)

• Subscriber
On 1/27/2018 at 5:29 PM, yardie said:

Manohlive , I base that on no sound judgement whatsoever. I think RFD is a great track by the way - I just feel it's one of those tracks that will struggle to get into a 22-24 song set list given the growing back catalogue of this exceptional band! 

Just my opinion. So many U2 tracks fall into that category. It depends how much of the show they want to give over to the new songs. My view is that bands (including U2) in their formative / earlier years give obviously more showtime to the new music, U2's problem however, is finding the balance between playing the 'classics' and promoting the new. They only have so much time on stage.

Unless they jump to a 3hr set, it must be hard for them to decide what's in / what's out.

So JT30 is done. Do they now make the brave step to drop some of the stalwarts from that album to free up set space to include more of the new?

Has SBS it's day, and it's time to move on?

Can you imagine a set list without 'Steets', 'WOWY' or 'Still Haven't found...' ?

They can drop big tunes, they've done it before.

Will be interesting.

I could go without WOWY and Still Haven't Found but not Streets.   I hear what you are saying.  My hope is that, because they just toured, they will put in more of SOE and SOI.  I'd love to hear both start to finish.  One can dream....

• Subscriber

if I could see this tour live the 6 songs that I'd want to hear from the album would be TLTTGYA, LIBTAIIW, Red Flag Day, The Landlady, The Blackout and probably as an atmospheric opener 'Love Is All We Have Left. the only one I think is guaranteed of getting played out of my list is ITLTTGYA as it's a great song. it has the goosebump quality of 'Bad' 'Streets' 'One' 'UltraViolet(Light My Way)'. I think for the USA dates 'American Soul' is a given to be on the set list, along with GOOYOW < those 2 songs could be left off the album and actually improve it heh.gif.891cdcb13d28a32e2131ac8f7e7282dd.gif I must learn to use the skip button  tracks 1-3 ignore.gif.bee156ff60100b37c0ff59d7b182da90.gifthen 6-13... yes, that's so much better. DJsmile.gif.793d9037c551fcfa422b54624252d600.gif (currently listening with my new $28 headphones)

• bigwave unfeatured this topic