This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm tending to agree. I recall in my late teens - this band released 'The Joshua Tree'. I recall hearing the first single lifted off the album - it was called 'With or Without You' (i know you know),

Lifelong fan and I can’t stop with the new songs. All of them are very solid. Blackout is fantastic so is Get out of your own way  into American Soul. Put in the amazing The Little Things That Give Yo

Any honest opinion is obviously legitimate , but one aspect of this album which I think is undeniable, is that it is an incredibly thoughtful album. It's incredibly honest, nuanced in some metaph

Posted Images

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, dmway said:

I am hoping that they will end up as a bonus on the DVD/Blu-Ray for this upcoming tour once it finishes - or would it be too much to hope for that it could be the 2018 fanclub item?

Time will tell..

That is a nice thought. 

5 hours ago, dmway said:

Could be very nice with a Orchestra on this tour. I dont know if it ever happened before on a U2 concert.

That would be wonderful.  Each musician would be making union wages.  It might be cost prohibitive.  It's a very nice thought.  I wonder how much more it would cost to haul around a smaller orchestra.  I would think it costs a lot.  I'm no expert. 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1
  • Subscriber
15 hours ago, BigBunny said:

Paul McCartney did a great halftime. I'm not into American Gridiron, but I like the halftime when the music act is good.

MetallicA have never done a halftime, what a joke.

Personally, I don't think Paul McCartney has sounded good for a very long time. I did not care for it.  I could see where others might.  I need the level of musicianship to remain.  I skipped Fleetwood Mac this last time because Christine McVie's voice was not good, nor is Stevie's.  That's just me. I love McCartney dearly.  He's one of my all time favorites.  His voice is shot.  I cringe when I hear him try to do Hey Jude. I leave or turn off the tv/stereo. 

You are one die hard MetallicA fan!   I like your tenacity.  Master of Puppets for SB LIII?

Edited by Manohlive
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

Personally, I don't think Paul McCartney has sounded good for a very long time. I did not care for it.  I could see where others might.  I need the level of musicianship to remain.  I skipped Fleetwood Mac this last time because Christine McVie's voice was not good, nor is Stevie's.  That's just me. I love McCartney dearly.  He's one of my all time favorites.  His voice is shot.  I cringe when I hear him try to do Hey Jude. I leave or turn off the tv/stereo. 

You are one die hard MetallicA fan!   I like your tenacity.  Master of Puppets for SB LIII?

I thought he sounded good at the half time he did but I know what you mean. his voice is raspy now, songs like Hey Jude where he needs to do those fantastic screams he did. that's what I think has affected his voice. wtf is wrong with the Super Bowl? they have never had MetallicA perform at halftime. they are an American band. a couple of years ago they did a gig in California called 'Too Heavy For Halftime' and it was on the same time as the super bowl. too heavy for halftime

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, BigBunny said:

I thought he sounded good at the half time he did but I know what you mean. his voice is raspy now, songs like Hey Jude where he needs to do those fantastic screams he did. that's what I think has affected his voice. wtf is wrong with the Super Bowl? they have never had MetallicA perform at halftime. they are an American band. a couple of years ago they did a gig in California called 'Too Heavy For Halftime' and it was on the same time as the super bowl. too heavy for halftime

OH, I remember that one!  Thanks for the link.  I was all over it when it happened.  As for Sir Paul-those screams at the end of Hey Jude are one of the greatest bad ass things I've ever heard.  That's not even mentioning his songwriting.  I've immense respect and love for him.  I tend to not listen any longer.  I'm the same with the Stones.  I must say that Mr. McCartney does have a great drummer.  I like that guy a lot.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Subscriber

SOE-is it a gem or not?   I have expressed, perhaps ad nauseum?, that I think it is a gem.  I gave it a break for a while   I'm going to listen tonight while I do my dishes and such.  I had to stop listening so I don't wear it out before the first show.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

SOE-is it a gem or not?   I have expressed, perhaps ad nauseum?, that I think it is a gem.  I gave it a break for a while   I'm going to listen tonight while I do my dishes and such.  I had to stop listening so I don't wear it out before the first show.

I had the same experience back in December, i.e., I had to force myself not to listen to it for fear of burning myself out on it - I was just enjoying it that much. :)

I haven't felt this full-being love for an album really since the 90s - and I have really enjoyed their work post-90s (e.g., NLOTH is a personal fave).

Bring on the tour - just let us fanclub members buy more tickets per tour leg, will ya guys? ;)

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Not a bad album by any means.

I still have issues with it but despite these things it's a good album, better that SOI, just not a great album.

• Subscriber

I am very fond of all the new albums save ATYCLB.  It's the only one I have thought was rather weak.  I have expressed that I love SOE.  I also loved SOI.  I've been interweaving songs from both in one listen. I'm really liking what I'm feeling.  I don't want to put it into words quite yet.  I think both work well together. 

• bigwave unfeatured this topic