Jump to content

This SOE is shaping up to be a gem


Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

After watching countless hours of Glastonbury on Palladia, I finally saw a documentary on the festival.  This American knew nothing of the history to Glastonbury.  It was very cool to watch that documentary; all the different mini-cities of campers and such. I had no idea about its history.  Very, very cool.  It was a well spent hour or two watching that documentary.  Seeing things like that almost makes me want to pay for cable again. Thank God for YouTube. SOE-Bono sounds great on that live indoor video for The Little Things., which I have been watching on YouTube. The band sounds great.  I love the guitar to that song. Than I see the Edge skip a lot of it in lieu of keyboards and I still love it.  They sound incredible.

Yes - Glastonbury, both the festival and the town/area , are very interesting. When I was living in England, I walked to St. Michael's Tower on top of Glastonbury Tor (a lengthy saunter - allow some time to make the climb), and the view from there is spectacular. Here's info on that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glastonbury_Tor

All the days of the (mostly) yearly festival are all over the BBC - it is a true cultural event. It's a very spiritual place; the actual town did get a bit New Age-y over time, but the older shops there still have the original feel - if you ever go, stick to those. Also, be sure to see the Chalice Well:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalice_Well

On your earlier post, it would indeed be cool of they played SOI and SOE in one show consecutively, but that would have to be some kind of special fan-club show (yes, please, U2 - I/we would be up for that! :)

Yes - I want the tour ASAP too...

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm tending to agree. I recall in my late teens - this band released 'The Joshua Tree'. I recall hearing the first single lifted off the album - it was called 'With or Without You' (i know you know),

Lifelong fan and I can’t stop with the new songs. All of them are very solid. Blackout is fantastic so is Get out of your own way  into American Soul. Put in the amazing The Little Things That Give Yo

Any honest opinion is obviously legitimate , but one aspect of this album which I think is undeniable, is that it is an incredibly thoughtful album. It's incredibly honest, nuanced in some metaph

Posted Images

  • Subscriber
24 minutes ago, dmway said:

On your earlier post, it would indeed be cool of they played SOI and SOE in one show consecutively, but that would have to be some kind of special fan-club show (yes, please, U2 - I/we would be up for that! :)

I'll take that for my 2018 subscriber gift.  I'll even pay extra and I won't whine or bitch if it takes four or five years.  (respect to anyone upset about gifts)  I'm kidding about it all, however; I'd pay and wait patiently.  I wouldn't even need a download.  dmway-Thanks for the link.  I quoted you correctly this time or am I confused yet again?  :)

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

Think I've settled on my most peaceful moment of the album. Dim the lights, chuck the kids into the next room, take a gentle sip from your favourite drink out of your favourite glass, close your eyes and embrace the last 60 odd seconds of 'Landlady.' Just beautiful. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
11 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I'm probably in the minority in saying this:

It would be a dream come true if they played SOI start to finish...took a break...then came out and played SOE start to finish. I do think they are going to play heavily from SOE.  They just toured this past Summer.   They've both afforded and merited the right to do as they please with the setlist for this tour.  I'm taking liberty in using the word, 'merit'.  It's just a fan's opinion.  I doubt the promoter would be happy if they took this approach.  I seriously doubt the ones who don't go to every tour would like it either. I'm having a difficult time deciding which songs I could do without from SOE.  I think Landlady is a safe bet to be played.  I fear Red Flag Day might be skipped.  I'm not sure why.  It's going to be tough to now know of the setlist when I see them in Chicago.  I shall do my best, as I like the surprise.  How though?  How does one not look at the news on U2.com?  I need sedation until May 22, 2018.

You are so not alone with that. I happily sign every petition for a SOI or/and SOE in-a-row show. (or/and takes the pressure a bit out of it :D I would gladly die just with hearing SoE  live from start to finish)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
12 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I'll take that for my 2018 subscriber gift.  I'll even pay extra and I won't whine or bitch if it takes four or five years.  (respect to anyone upset about gifts)  I'm kidding about it all, however; I'd pay and wait patiently.  I wouldn't even need a download.  dmway-Thanks for the link.  I quoted you correctly this time or am I confused yet again?  :)

:D

Accurately quoted. :)

 

3 hours ago, yardie said:

Think I've settled on my most peaceful moment of the album. Dim the lights, chuck the kids into the next room, take a gentle sip from your favourite drink out of your favourite glass, close your eyes and embrace the last 60 odd seconds of 'Landlady.' Just beautiful. 

That is a lovely part of the album (along with very many parts of the album).

I'll have a Connemara with some ice, please - thank you. :)

 

Edited by dmway
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, dmway said:
5 hours ago, yardie said:

Think I've settled on my most peaceful moment of the album. Dim the lights, chuck the kids into the next room, take a gentle sip from your favourite drink out of your favourite glass, close your eyes and embrace the last 60 odd seconds of 'Landlady.' Just beautiful. 

That is a lovely part of the album (along with very many parts of the album).

I'll have a Connemara with some ice, please - thank you. :)

 

I'll take a Pimm's Cup, warm weather to suit it and SOE.  I love Landlady too, yardie.  That last part of it is like a wonderful short poem that sticks in my head and makes everything better.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

I'll think also that albums like SOI and SOE would be great playing live in its full. They have so strong lyrics and work best in a small arena also but that would not happen. 

It would drive ticket prices skyhigh and remember when Coldplay did something like that with Ghost Stories.. 

I hope they add some extra songs from SOE and 2-3 from SOI on the upcoming tour. 

Looking forward so much to 2:nd night in Chicago and thanks again Manohlive for the advise and then see them in Copenhagen. 

It may not be the last show if they go to the pacifics e.g australia cause I plan celebrate my 50:th birthday with a trip there in the end of 2018..

Looking forward to read all of your shared stories from this tour. 

SOI was so good. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

Added bonus for those living in the US...

I noticed around the Super Bowl that SOE was being played a lot in the parts before and after commercial breaks - this has now continued into the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament as well. So, lots of subliminal advertising for the new album. :)

Keep your ears open.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
11 hours ago, yardie said:

Think I've settled on my most peaceful moment of the album. Dim the lights, chuck the kids into the next room, take a gentle sip from your favourite drink out of your favourite glass, close your eyes and embrace the last 60 odd seconds of 'Landlady.' Just beautiful. 

Sometimes I heard my little 5 year old walking around singing this part. I love it, too.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, dmway said:

Added bonus for those living in the US...

I noticed around the Super Bowl that SOE was being played a lot in the parts before and after commercial breaks - this has now continued into the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament as well. So, lots of subliminal advertising for the new album. :)

Keep your ears open.

 

Which ones were they playing?  I did not watch the Super Bowl this year.  I have yet to watch any of the NCAA,  Been watching soccer and hockey.  I have not noticed any SOE with them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • bigwave unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...