This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

hope3702

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Augmented reality, rarities and a longer setlist.  Yow.  Sign me up for that.   What is meant by augmented reality?  :)

I Wikipedia'd it briefly and apparently it involves computer-generated images appearing right in front of you and not just on the screen. So I'm guessing either it's going to be like 3D without the stupid glasses, or they'll be handing out the stupid glasses on the way into the arena...

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

I Wikipedia'd it briefly and apparently it involves computer-generated images appearing right in front of you and not just on the screen. So I'm guessing either it's going to be like 3D without the stupid glasses, or they'll be handing out the stupid glasses on the way into the arena...

Yes - the old-fashioned word for this is "hologram". It will be computer-generated images that appear three-dimensional, most likely not requiring glasses (but not impossible that they could be needed).

More to like for the SOE tour! :)

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, dmway said:

Yes - the old-fashioned word for this is "hologram". It will be computer-generated images that appear three-dimensional, most likely not requiring glasses (but not impossible that they could be needed).

More to like for the SOE tour! :)

Yes, hologram, that's the word! I need to get back into my sci-fi...

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
On 3/21/2018 at 3:31 PM, peterferris8 said:

I remember one Edge interview last year that toyed with the idea of them playing absolutely nothing from The Joshua Tree. The idea of a U2 show without Streets is weird...

I agree.    I’m so hoping to hear ‘Streets’ .... maybe they’d work their ‘magic’ on updating the lyrics, or the whole song - if they’re tired of it?  

• Subscriber
On 3/23/2018 at 4:04 PM, peterferris8 said:

It would surprise me if they handed out 3D glasses. That seems like it would be a logistical nightmare.  It gives stupid drunk fans an additional prop to do things they should not do at concerts.  sigh.  (lol -I usually end up right next to them but don't we all?)  It also causes problems for anyone with vision problems or epilepsy or a multitude of health/physical challenges.  They'd have to have some type of disclosure about 3D, from what I know which is limited.  I do know a little bit.  I'm gonna ask someone.  I would think it's going to be holograms.  That is very exciting.  This just keeps getting better...

Edited by Manohlive

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

It would surprise me if they handed out 3D glasses. That seems like it would be a logistical nightmare.  It gives stupid drunk fans an additional prop to do things they should not do at concerts.  sigh.  (lol -I usually end up right next to them but don't we all?)  It also causes problems for anyone with vision problems or epilepsy or a multitude of health/physical challenges.  They'd have to have some type of disclosure about 3D, from what I know which is limited.  I do know a little bit.  I'm gonna ask someone.  I would think it's going to be holograms.  That is very exciting.  This just keeps getting better...

(Big Smile) that would be awesome and I think what 3D glasses at Croke park last summer could have done  with horror. (who did not take a beer lol). 

I just love that this band has something exciting for us. Was not justin using a Hologram with a tribute to Prince at the Super Bowl....

That was a huge one! 

• Subscriber
On 3/23/2018 at 3:07 PM, doctornickriviera said:

Isn’t augmented reality cosmetic surgery? ?

That or being my current president.  

10 minutes ago, Shannon387 said:

As long as theyre not holograming dead legends it could be fun.

If fat Elvis appears-I might have to leave...Wild Horses or not.   

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
On 3/24/2018 at 10:24 AM, hillpy2 said:

I agree.    I’m so hoping to hear ‘Streets’ .... maybe they’d work their ‘magic’ on updating the lyrics, or the whole song - if they’re tired of it?  

We'll get Streets - I think they love that song live as much as we do. :)

On 3/24/2018 at 7:23 PM, Manohlive said:

Are we truly going to 'possibly' get holograms for a U2 show?   !!!   That's better than 'possible' fricking sharks with fricking laser beams!  

Good Austin Powers reference! ;)

I don't think U2 would be letting that news get out if it weren't true. I have always been impressed with U2's stage set-ups and presentations from ZooTV onward. Every one has been visually striking and memorable in some way - in a positive way too, nothing that was hokey. In fact, I would venture to say that ZooTV completely reinvented the stage show - almost every big act changed their shows with that tour in the backs of their minds. Of course, U2 themselves moved on in interesting ways on future tours.

I wonder how they will present the SOE songs in concert. I was impressed with the big screen for the JT anniversary shows - the last time they had one large screen as a backdrop on a regular basis was for PopMart. And yet, the JT lightshow was nothing like PopMart's - both good, but both distinctive.

May they continue to evolve creatively! :)

Edited by dmway

• bigwave unfeatured this topic