Jump to content

This SOE is shaping up to be a gem


Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, Rich T. said:

I think they will enter the stage to the recorded track of "Love is All We Have Left".

 

I can see LIAWHL being used as a bridge into Streets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm tending to agree. I recall in my late teens - this band released 'The Joshua Tree'. I recall hearing the first single lifted off the album - it was called 'With or Without You' (i know you know),

Lifelong fan and I can’t stop with the new songs. All of them are very solid. Blackout is fantastic so is Get out of your own way  into American Soul. Put in the amazing The Little Things That Give Yo

Any honest opinion is obviously legitimate , but one aspect of this album which I think is undeniable, is that it is an incredibly thoughtful album. It's incredibly honest, nuanced in some metaph

Posted Images

  • Subscriber
On 4/19/2018 at 12:46 PM, adrnik said:

 

I can see LIAWHL being used as a bridge into Streets.

That is something which I never would have imagined.  Love Is All and then Streets to open the show?   That would be awesome and they'd oblige the need for Streets at the beginning of the show, while leaving the rest for SOE and all those rarities we are anxiously anticipating for the rest of the show.  

Edited by Manohlive
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

People have mentioned Acrobat being a song they really want to hear on this tour.  I never really listened to Acrobat (sat and concentrated and listened to it).  I am not sure why.  It must have been the point in AB where I had to use the restroom or needed a beverage-so I was up and about doing something when it played.  I made myself really listen to Acrobat earlier and it finally hit me why so many people mention it.  It is an amazing song.  I'm not sure why I did not realize this until now; up and about doing things or not. Many thanks to those who mentioned it.  I might never have realized this had y'all not been so passionate.  I now want it on the setlist, this tour, as well.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

Hey guys. Just having a think about BOYH (which is great with more listens). Have been discussing the Hotel California-esque ending and someone said that the start is reminiscent of a piece of music in a film.  Can’t think what it is, but love it all the same. Any suggestions?? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
16 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

i love  acrobat, It reminds me of being 17 listening to Nicky Campbell’s late night show on radio 1 in the UK just after AB came out and him saying how blown away he was with this track. 

Its epic.

 

 

 

Yeah.  It's another instance of me knowing this band, rediscovering something and BOOM it's new again in a different direction.  Nobody does that like U2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
23 hours ago, Manohlive said:

People have mentioned Acrobat being a song they really want to hear on this tour.  I never really listened to Acrobat (sat and concentrated and listened to it).  I am not sure why.  It must have been the point in AB where I had to use the restroom or needed a beverage-so I was up and about doing something when it played.  I made myself really listen to Acrobat earlier and it finally hit me why so many people mention it.  It is an amazing song.  I'm not sure why I did not realize this until now; up and about doing things or not. Many thanks to those who mentioned it.  I might never have realized this had y'all not been so passionate.  I now want it on the setlist, this tour, as well.  

 

20 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

i love  acrobat, It reminds me of being 17 listening to Nicky Campbell’s late night show on radio 1 in the UK just after AB came out and him saying how blown away he was with this track. 

Its epic.

Yes, Acrobat is well overdue live. I'd love it!

Mixed with all the SOE tracks, it would be perfect. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
On 4/10/2018 at 11:51 PM, dmway said:

Speaking of the tour...

Do you think they might kick off the show with "Love Is All We Have Left"? It seems like a perfect introductory song, whether or not it went straight into "Lights Of Home" (which would be fine for me as well).

What do we think?

 

 

On 4/19/2018 at 10:41 AM, Rich T. said:

I think they will enter the stage to the recorded track of "Love is All We Have Left".

I think with the introduction of the new app, we have confirmation that they will indeed come on stage to this song. B)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
On 4/24/2018 at 10:41 AM, dmway said:

 

I think with the introduction of the new app, we have confirmation that they will indeed come on stage to this song. B)

I'd bet pretty much everything that Lights of Home shall be the first live opening song.  Oh my gosh am I getting excited.  I'm going to have to absent myself until May 22. I'm not quite sure how I'll do that. I want everything to be a surprise.  I can go the second night and be acquainted with the show. It's what I did with SOI.  I was very happy I did. I still think the way the camera came out of Bono's bedroom, for SOI, and the sequence ended with the camera going back into Bono's bedroom was very well conceived, directed, produced and performed. It was a complete surprise when he got into the screen.

It's very tempting to read everything and continue to get excited as the show approaches.  It's only two weeks to Chicago,  so wait it shall be. My gut tells me this is going to be one of their best tours.   Are there spoilier alerts for threads and posts?  

Edited by Manohlive
my grammar/sentence structure sucks
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • bigwave unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...