Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
unikguy

New Presales: Resetup?

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, DeirdreBell said:

That's what I thought, but it says a bit differently on the link you posted  (see attached).  So, I'm guessing they'll send you new codes for additional dates at the same venue for which you were previously registered...if you didn't buy any tickets?  This is so confusing.  What if you bought less than the limit?  Guess we'll find out.  (This is not fan presale.  This is general.)

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 11.40.36 AM.png

I found that part confusing too. I bought one ticket in the verified fan sale, so I went ahead and registered for both of the added shows I would consider attending. 

As far as the next verified subscriber presale, It looks like I'm good to go for that according to the help page. It specifically mentions Montreal 2, but I figure this just needs updating since more shows have been added.

*Let me not forget to thank Max for responding above. ?

Screenshot_2017-11-21-22-03-18.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the new maximum is 2 tickets (not 4 like previous tours)?

If I used my code to purchase 2 tickets I will not be able to use the code (or a new one) for more 2 tickets in the added shows?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, guklein said:

So the new maximum is 2 tickets (not 4 like previous tours)?

If I used my code to purchase 2 tickets I will not be able to use the code (or a new one) for more 2 tickets in the added shows?

 

Correct - from the U2.com FAQ:

"If I purchased two (2) tickets in Week 1, may I purchase two (2) more?
No, you may purchase up to a maximum of two (2) tickets per U2.com subscriber/presale code."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, leafswild said:

Correct - from the U2.com FAQ:

"If I purchased two (2) tickets in Week 1, may I purchase two (2) more?
No, you may purchase up to a maximum of two (2) tickets per U2.com subscriber/presale code."

Pretty amazing since I can buy 6 seats together on Stubhub in multiple spots. Wonder how they did that:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2017 at 12:14 PM, malaboo said:

I'm thinking that if you used up your two tickets, you are done and will not be given another code. Through VF you will have to register for the show(s) you are interested in..just like the first pre-sale. By linking your U2.com account to Ticketmaster (that was part of the setup process) they can see which shows a fan has registered for so I don't think they will "assume" you want Boston 2, just because you registered for Boston 1.

You only had to register for a particular city in the general public onsale. In the pre-sale, the code was good for tickets to any city or one ticket for one city and another ticket for another city. You did not have to register for a particular city for the Pre-sale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2017 at 6:48 PM, malaboo said:

You are automatically registered for the pre-sale because you did the whole setup process for the first presale. in other words, your setup is complete (the green "setup complete") so you are automatically registered for this second presale. But if you used your two tickets in the first presale then you are not entitled to participate in the second presale. In addition, once all of the new shows are announced you will have to go in and register for the shows that you want a chance to get a code for in the presale, again assuming that you haven't used up your two tickets in the first presale. 

This is my interpretation of all of this.

The Pre-sale code you received was good for ANY city. It was in the general sale that you had to register for a specific city. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, guklein said:

So the new maximum is 2 tickets (not 4 like previous tours)?

If I used my code to purchase 2 tickets I will not be able to use the code (or a new one) for more 2 tickets in the added shows?

 

I'm under the impression that if you have one or two tickets left on your pre-sale code that you will able to use it in the new pre-sale. Or, they would send a new pre-sale code to your cell phone Tuesday morning before the pre-sales start. I'm already a paid up subscriber and it does not say anywhere that you have to or need to register again, nor does it show how you would register again for a "pre-sale". Remember this is the Pre-sale and not the general sale. The general sale is different in that you have to register for each city to get a code for that city. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, STING said:

You only had to register for a particular city in the general public onsale. In the pre-sale, the code was good for tickets to any city or one ticket for one city and another ticket for another city. You did not have to register for a particular city for the Pre-sale. 

You are indeed correct. I thought that TM and U2.com were somehow tied together for this pre-sale. However, I went back to my text that contained my innocence code and saw that it did not specify that it was for use for a particular city but the general sale code did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, malaboo said:

You are indeed correct. I thought that TM and U2.com were somehow tied together for this pre-sale. However, I went back to my text that contained my innocence code and saw that it did not specify that it was for use for a particular city but the general sale code did.

In the setup you did have to "link" your account with your ticketmaster account. But if your setup is COMPLETE, then you already did this and don't need to do anything else. My only question is can we use the same code for the last pre-sale in the new pre-sale, or will they send us a new code Tuesday morning before the pre-sale starts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, STING said:

My only question is can we use the same code for the last pre-sale in the new pre-sale, or will they send us a new code Tuesday morning before the pre-sale starts?

From what I've read, it would be the same code.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.