How does one purchase in the General Sale?

• Subscriber

U2 Fan Club Loser here. I was never texted my iNNOCENCE Presale code and by the time I was able to contact U2.com to get it, there wasn’t anything left to buy. (Sorry, had to rant a bit!)

ANYWAY, how do I now get into the general sale?  Ticketmaster is still asking for a code.  Thank you.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

you had to sign up for the general sale as well or you couldn't get tickets. There was the fan club sign up, the Citi presale sign up, and the general onsale sign up. If you didn't sign up for that one you aren't getting a code. Also you would've gotten a code already for that sale they went out at ten this morning. 

• Subscriber

Wow, I really missed the boat on that one.  Didn’t get my Presale code on time, and didn’t get a Citi code assigned to me.  I thought I’d at least get to buy tickets in the General Sale, but obviously didn’t realize I needed to sign up.

So, will I have any chance to buy tickets or am I completely out locked out of this Tour and relegated to the scalpers on StubHub?

• Subscriber

I'm not sure to be honest Newark is showing a general sale tomorrow at ten instead of the verified fan sale but it doesn't look like any of the other shows are showing that. I'd try for Newark if you can travel and if they add more dates you could probably try for those. Not sure how likely that is though seeing as these dates haven't sold out yet. 

Looks like that "presale" pop up is showing for Chicago too. 

Edited by Damoratis
  • Subscriber

Okay, so now I have to agree that they have screwed this up royally. The problem with having to register for the general sale, is that I don't get the option to decide to add another show by purchasing this way. I didn't sign up for the general sale because I was lucky enough to get tickets in the presale for the show I wanted...but now that they have announced another show on my birthday, I would like to try for that - and can't!