• Subscriber

After this disasterous presale and general sale I've come to the conclusion that U2 doesn't need me as a fan anymore. I have sacrificed thousands of dollars traveling the globe to see my favorite band perform. I've been so lucky to be front and center at many shows. I've made life long friendships. I met my boyfriend in a GA line.  

Maybe I've needed U2 all of this time.  I thought they needed me too. 

Now I feel they don't need me as a fan any longer. I'm dispensabe. U2 doesn't need me anymore. 

Deb

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After this disasterous presale and general sale I've come to the conclusion that U2 doesn't need me as a fan anymore. I have sacrificed thousands of dollars traveling the globe to see my favorite band

• Subscriber

I think we are all feeling a bit downtrodden after all this. I have to believe the band had good intentions with agreeing to the ‘Verified’ ticket sales, but that it didn’t go as imagined. I do wish the band would put up some sort of official statement or something about what happened though. 

• Subscriber

Have to say I do feel deflated by all this. I like others have followed the band since 1981 and have seen them live 46 times. I always get nervous at times tours are announced and have got tickets through the fan club or queueing at the venues, without many issues. Only time I was disappointed was Twickenham in 2005 when I was up in the gods with people who didn’t know, I still haven’t found what I’m looking for, I ended up going to Paris through a package deal and got very good seats, so why couldn’t I have purchased them through the Pre-Sale. All other tours I have either been GA or fantastic seats. Now with what has happened in US I am dreading the European pre-sale and feel the U2 fans are being treated incredibly poorly. Of course getting tickets is a sort of lottery but that’s why we joined the fan club back in the early 80’s so we got a better chance and ultimately first choice. 

I have said before if everyone in the fan club got 2 tickets of their choice there would still be plenty left for general sale afterwards across all the shows. 

Very sad that after all these years fans are left in this position and I just don’t understand why. The shows would sell out whatever so why leave us with this bad taste. 

Truly feel for the US fans particularly those who like me have been following the boys since the early 80s. There is something just not right about all this and I just pray it is looked at before the European announcement. 

• Subscriber

I'm afraid it is now official. U2 are not interested in their fans now.

Check out the new explicit rules for future presale at montreal2.

Clearly states the band will now exclude paid up u2.com members from presale. The band have learned nothing.

I have been a fan of this band for over 30 years and been to 30 shows but like thousands of other fans I will no longer be interested in the circus that is a U2 tour.

A sad day indeed.

• Subscriber

I doubt the band feels they don't need us fans; especially those of us who pay to be members of U2.com.  I think this presale debacle is very complicated.  It is now the general sale and I can't look at tickets because it says I need a code.  It's ludicrous.  I don't think it's U2.  I think it's the system.  I wonder if they are taking so long to address this because they are, themselves, trying to figure out what went wrong.  By they, I don't mean the band.  I mean the people who work for the band.  Unfortunately U2 are big business and there are a lot of thieves in our world.  It's very sad it happens but it does and it sucks.  I totally agree what happened in the presale sucks.  People have blamed the moderators and U2.com and even the band members.  Why would they not care and screw their die hard fan base?  It makes no sense.  The moderators were working overnight.  I know because one was very kind to me.  I was speaking with that mod at four in the morning and that mod was still going at it late the next day.  The band itself did the verified ticket thing to try to get tickets into the hands of their fans.  Why would they not care?  My hope is that they are silent because they are very busy trying to make this right for when more shows get announced and the next round of presales begins.  I wanted GAs too.  I cannot express how badly I wanted GAs for this tour.  I don't blame U2.  I blame the system and all the crooks making millions off of manipulating it, scooping up the tickets and listing them on those darn secondary ticket brokers who have them listed before the presales even begin.  It sucks.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Subscriber
15 hours ago, zoostervox said:

After this disasterous presale and general sale I've come to the conclusion that U2 doesn't need me as a fan anymore. I have sacrificed thousands of dollars traveling the globe to see my favorite band perform. I've been so lucky to be front and center at many shows. I've made life long friendships. I met my boyfriend in a GA line.  

Maybe I've needed U2 all of this time.  I thought they needed me too. 

Now I feel they don't need me as a fan any longer. I'm dispensabe. U2 doesn't need me anymore. 

Deb

I like your screen name.  It's clever.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I doubt the band feels they don't need us fans; especially those of us who pay to be members of U2.com.  I think this presale debacle is very complicated.  It is now the general sale and I can't look at tickets because it says I need a code.  It's ludicrous.  I don't think it's U2.  I think it's the system.  I wonder if they are taking so long to address this because they are, themselves, trying to figure out what went wrong.  By they, I don't mean the band.  I mean the people who work for the band.  Unfortunately U2 are big business and there are a lot of thieves in our world.  It's very sad it happens but it does and it sucks.  I totally agree what happened in the presale sucks.  People have blamed the moderators and U2.com and even the band members.  Why would they not care and screw their die hard fan base?  It makes no sense.  The moderators were working overnight.  I know because one was very kind to me.  I was speaking with that mod at four in the morning and that mod was still going at it late the next day.  The band itself did the verified ticket thing to try to get tickets into the hands of their fans.  Why would they not care?  My hope is that they are silent because they are very busy trying to make this right for when more shows get announced and the next round of presales begins.  I wanted GAs too.  I cannot express how badly I wanted GAs for this tour.  I don't blame U2.  I blame the system and all the crooks making millions off of manipulating it, scooping up the tickets and listing them on those darn secondary ticket brokers who have them listed before the presales even begin.  It sucks.

I agree I don’t blame the band and I certainly don’t blame the mods they have been very open and tried to help, from everything I have read on here but something is wrong here and it does need addressing. It is sadly too late for the US fans but surely something will be done before the European leg and mistakes at least be learnt from. 

The Mods will not be wanting a repeat of this scenario either and I hope they get supported in finding a better fairer way to go forward. 

I feel so sad for all the genuine U2 fans who have missed out and still hope a solution is found for everyone.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, KEV ANGELL said:

I feel so sad for all the genuine U2 fans who have missed out and still hope a solution is found for everyone.

I still think one will be.  They just announced a second show in Chicago and it's a week after the first show's presale.  They usually get announced much more quickly.  I think something must be in the works.