• Subscriber
On 20/01/2018 at 2:11 PM, Bucko said:

I noticed that as a long time (since 1992) and now "experience" member - the best seats available at the O2 London, within 1 minute of first resale were in Block 110 and then the rear quarter blocks until they sold out. I looked at Ticketmaster and the "VIP Party" packages had all the best seats Thursday morning and STILL do.

For £295 per ticket you can sit in Block 110  The Gold Hot Ticket Package

For £465.75 per ticket you can sit in Row H of Block 112 The VIP Party Package

For £506.75 per ticket you can sit in Row P of Block 112 The Premium VIP Part Package

Various "complementary" drinks and nibbles are also included. Along with laminates and very exciting merchandise item...

"Is this roc n roll?!! Is this rock n roll?! is this rock n roll?!"......

Now, in 2015 my fan club tickets were in Row H in Block 112 and I was very excited about being up close but when we got to the venue we were told due to the "production" we had to be moved to new seats.... In Block 110... I wonder why that was....

Don't get me wrong, seen them 26 times (Red Zone 5 times, been to Europe blah blah....all since 1984) and already have tickets in GA and Red Zone for London & Manchester.... But really, holding back the best seats from your long time fans for the corporate customers - seats which are available TODAY just does seem to confirm it about the dollar not the fan / band experience... 

I remember Bono talking on Radio 1 in 1992 about how he was not going to do what other bands do - bend over to be sponsored by coca cola or pepsi etc...

IS THIS ROCK N ROLL?

Watch less TV Boys - Remember why you started and remember who matters most.

Brilliant summary Bucko, similar to you have been watching the band since 1983 and we always use to get the best available tickets but this all changed on the Vertigo Tour for me, when the best seats started to be held back for whatever reason. 

I bought GOLD seat tickets at O2 and am in Block 110, this after having Red Zone tickets but being unable to purchase them, so all allocated GAs we’re gone by the time this had all happened.

still love the band and I genuinely think SOE is the best all round album since Pop but I no longer feel special as a fan anymore. I have always through the years said to colleagues who asked why I love the band so much, that it was, apart from great music, because they acknowledge the fans and seem genuinely humble towards us.

I certainly think Paul McGuinness was a major part of looking after and valuing the fans and it was a sad day for me when he said goodbye.

I know it’s the way of the world now and you get what you pay for but having to pay £500 plus per ticket to get the best available seats is very very sad to me. Fan club members should get the selection of the best tickets at sensible pricing, probably the Gold pricing structure and not these VIP packages.

I have been fortunate to get GAs last 4 tours but due to my wife being unwell this year, we went for Red Zone initially as we could turn up late but still be near the front but for some reason having been allotted the tickets couldn’t process the order.

i am grateful we have got tickets again to see the boys, as I know some haven’t yet but I no longer feel special or valued, which to me is another very sad day, 35 years on from the first time I saw them.

Edited by KEV ANGELL
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After this disasterous presale and general sale I've come to the conclusion that U2 doesn't need me as a fan anymore. I have sacrificed thousands of dollars traveling the globe to see my favorite band

• Subscriber

So much for looking after the fans, shambles over membership gift, no pre sale codes for experience members, limited concert dates(none in Scotland) ridiculous ticket prices for decent seats, it looks like the band have finally sold out to corporate greed. Like many of you I think its finally time to say goodbye U2 enjoy your wealth after all its the fans you've forgotten that have always put hands in their pockets to follow you,and buy albums and merchandise but have finally had enough.

• Subscriber
On 1/21/2018 at 11:05 AM, KEV ANGELL said:

Brilliant summary Bucko, similar to you have been watching the band since 1983 and we always use to get the best available tickets but this all changed on the Vertigo Tour for me, when the best seats started to be held back for whatever reason. 

I bought GOLD seat tickets at O2 and am in Block 110, this after having Red Zone tickets but being unable to purchase them, so all allocated GAs we’re gone by the time this had all happened.

still love the band and I genuinely think SOE is the best all round album since Pop but I no longer feel special as a fan anymore. I have always through the years said to colleagues who asked why I love the band so much, that it was, apart from great music, because they acknowledge the fans and seem genuinely humble towards us.

I certainly think Paul McGuinness was a major part of looking after and valuing the fans and it was a sad day for me when he said goodbye.

I know it’s the way of the world now and you get what you pay for but having to pay £500 plus per ticket to get the best available seats is very very sad to me. Fan club members should get the selection of the best tickets at sensible pricing, probably the Gold pricing structure and not these VIP packages.

I have been fortunate to get GAs last 4 tours but due to my wife being unwell this year, we went for Red Zone initially as we could turn up late but still be near the front but for some reason having been allotted the tickets couldn’t process the order.

i am grateful we have got tickets again to see the boys, as I know some haven’t yet but I no longer feel special or valued, which to me is another very sad day, 35 years on from the first time I saw them.

Very well put Kev, I feel the same.  For Vertigo 05 Tour we lined up from 11.00 at Manchester (ETIHAD Stadium) with our fan club GA tickets and were about 100 in line I should think... By the time we got into the stadium, the front section was already full from fans coming in from other entrances... Now, they may have been fan club members but surely there should be a specific entry point for members ahead of other fans?

Or does the fan club just mean paying extra for tickets ?!

I felt guilty for writing my post because it felt so disloyal  !! But I do not think it's me - after all, we are the long time fans paying and giving them " a great life"!  I feel really sad about it - I think it's part of the reason I see Pearl Jam as more of the band I love now - when up to 2004 it had been U2 since I was 13.....Sad really but they are still amazing and making incredible albums which PJ has not done for over a decade in truth..... Just lost the people touch and it's definitely since Paul McGuinness retired... They know what LiveNation do too..

I feel sad but I won't stop being a member or going to see them or buying their music. I don't however, defend them so much from the haters like I used to. 

Oh well - bring on the Tour, it'll be brilliant no doubt! Better be, I could've taken my 4 kids on holiday for what I will end up paying to see them 4 times!!