Do you know why fans complain and are disappointed with presale?

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Clear31 said:

whatever works for them

I personally don't do it but I won't knock it. Scalpers have been around forever and that won't change. The problem is at the end of the day paying these scalpers and stubhub prices.

Agree - I don't (and won't) do it either.

• Like 1
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The biggest scalper in all this is U2 and their promoter.  $325 for upper level seats? lmao..  Renew your fan club early for $40 for 2 tickets, and then be told sorry, you didn't win the lottery.  I d

I blame the people who buy from scalpers or resale sites. If people boycotted them then there is no business model.

If U2 genuinely cared for the fans, they wouldnt of chosen verified fan for the fan club members and given members access to a 4 ticket limit to start. citibank shouldve been given a 2 ticket lim

• Subscriber

I think there's going to be a big difference between GA and reserved seats as far as scalpers are concerned.

It sounds like most of the disappointed people here tried and failed to get GA, and either didn't want to, or couldn't afford to, buy the reserved seats at $330 a pop.

There are still, right now, GA available at San Jose (for example). I just looked out of curiosity. So scalpers won't have much luck there, but they will in other cities that have or will sell out.

The reserved seats...frankly I think they're kidding themselves. 

I was able to get 4 lower reserve for Las Vegas in the presales. $728 total per pair. On stub hub, they are listing tickets in my same section, only two rows ahead of us, for $1140 each! The cheapest tickets in our section are $474 each. That will top $1000 for a pair after fees, etc.

I really wonder if for some of these shows anyway, the scalpers are going to be left holding the bag, as it were, at least on reserved seats. If you guys don't want them at $330, who's going to buy them at $1000 apiece?

Anyway, I sure feel badly for all of you who were unsuccessful. I hope something works out for you.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, ramsatw said:

I really wonder if for some of these shows anyway, the scalpers are going to be left holding the bag, as it were, at least on reserved seats. If you guys don't want them at $330, who's going to buy them at $1000 apiece?

I was thinking the same thing.  If scalpers are buying the $330 seats...that seems risky.  Could be tough to unload those if there are still so many to be bought through the TM site.

I hope they do get stuck with them and are losing on the transaction...but I am sure they have their ways.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, manon amos said:

There is a two (2) ticket  purchase limit for the sub scriber presale. Participation in the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale is NOT chosen by lottery. This should be written in your account info...the lottery is a lie!

Not a lottery added  only recently 

You better read all the threads regarding the presale 

There's been lack of clear info since the beginning and rules changing often 

Last in order general sale opened to everyone no codes needed 

I'm sorry to say but U2 are fully responsible of the management they chose which includes also ticketing

Edited by monica martino
  • Like 1
  • Subscriber
10 hours ago, monica martino said:

Not a lottery added  only recently 

You better read all the threads regarding the presale 

There's been lack of clear info since the beginning and rules changing often 

Last in order general sale opened to everyone no codes needed 

I'm sorry to say but U2 are fully responsible of the management they chose which includes also ticketing

So many lies are spread...go back to the 1st informations.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, guklein said:

I can´t believe presale codes for subscribers were chosen by lottery.

Is it offcially true? Or it it just a rumour?

It's what people were being told by Ticketmaster customer services when they called to ask why they hadn't been sent a code.  But there was never anything put in writing.  So I guess that depends on how official you consider the comments of individual call handlers to be.  But at best it demonstrates how poor and unclear communications around the presale arrangements have been.  And if it wasn't a lottery then clearly the Verified Fan system has been a massive failure as lots of true fans unable to access the presale while secondary ticket sites are awash with tickets.

• Subscriber

The poor and ever-changing communications is the biggest problem, IMO. As a long-time user experience professional, I can tell you the long, and confusing explanations about how this was supposed to work were guaranteed to not be read thoroughly by all fans trying to participate. Then add the difficulty for people who aren't fluent English speakers/readers, and those who aren't regularly buying tickets to major high-demand events, and it was a cluster in the making from the start. 

Once emails and texts started going out, and sales started, the problems were compounded by inconsistent information from customer service representatives across different entities (right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing), and then the blatant changing of rules and policies that continued right into opening up remaining tickets for general sale without codes. The only upside to that, if it can be called an upside, is that a lot more fans are now seeing just how greedy and un-fan-friendly TM/LN really are. People direct anger at U2 because this is all happening in their name while LN/TM continue to rake in the profits and come up with more ways to take advantage of desperate fans.

Next on the list is the ticket prices and the amount of seats priced at the highest level, which results in fans who get shut out of GA being stuck with the choice of a limited view seat (and half the beauty of this show is the band's use of the screen) or just not going because why spend money on an inferior experience? Sure, there's plenty of us who are as happy to just hear the music, but we shouldn't be made to feel like 2nd class citizens because of pure greed. And sorry, upper deck seats are in no way worth $300+. Even the lower deck sections to the ends aren't worth that much unless you're in the first 10 rows or so, because you aren't that close to the stage(s) and will miss the half of the show taking place at the other end.

Fans deserve better. Now that it seems the problems have gone up to the band, I am keeping hope that something will be done to acknowledge the screw-ups and to put things right in the future so we can go back to getting excited about new music and a new tour.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, stateless said:

Next on the list is the ticket prices and the amount of seats priced at the highest level, which results in fans who get shut out of GA being stuck with the choice of a limited view seat (and half the beauty of this show is the band's use of the screen) or just not going because why spend money on an inferior experience? Sure, there's plenty of us who are as happy to just hear the music, but we shouldn't be made to feel like 2nd class citizens because of pure greed. And sorry, upper deck seats are in no way worth $300+.

One of the most galling parts about this is how much the tickets have gone up relative to the 2015 I&E tour.  It's the same stage, it hasn't been that much time, and certainly there's been no major change in the economy.  So it's hard, for me at least, to justify that the $270 tickets from 2015 are now $330.  I'm not sure a $50 increase is justified after such a short passage of time.  Even worse, perhaps, is how many lower priced tickets from 2015 have been reclassified as higher priced tickets for 2018.  The $80 behind the stage/side stage seat that I had at Madison Square Garden in 2015 has been reclassified as a $175 ticket this time.  And the $100 upper level seat I had a different night at the Garden has also been elevated to the $175 price level.  Those are huge increases for seats that frankly are not as good as the price would suggest. 

• Like 1