Do you know why fans complain and are disappointed with presale?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The biggest scalper in all this is U2 and their promoter.  $325 for upper level seats? lmao..  Renew your fan club early for $40 for 2 tickets, and then be told sorry, you didn't win the lottery.  I d

I blame the people who buy from scalpers or resale sites. If people boycotted them then there is no business model.

If U2 genuinely cared for the fans, they wouldnt of chosen verified fan for the fan club members and given members access to a 4 ticket limit to start. citibank shouldve been given a 2 ticket lim

• Subscriber

this is just ONE hot mess, at the end of the day, all this creates is a boring, BAD, show where half the people in attendance have a shit load of money and really don't have the DESIRE to be there and just stare at their phones the whole the show... This is really no fault of the band, but just the way it is this day in age for the number 1 band in the world...

• Subscriber
On 21/11/2017 at 8:38 PM, Clear31 said:

If U2 genuinely cared for the fans, they wouldnt of chosen verified fan for the fan club members and given members access to a 4 ticket limit to start.

citibank shouldve been given a 2 ticket limit verified system and do the verified system for people not with the fan club. Giving your true fans access first should be the priority, do the verified system for everyone else. Your loyal fans shouldnt be jumping through hoops or have to deal with a 2 ticket limit

Yes. I am staggered that fanclub members get 2 tickets but Citi card get 4!!! What?? Seems Citi card also get best GA tickets. Something smells rotten.

Edited by Cazza
  • Subscriber

its on the ticketmaster website.  "if randomly selected" is the same thing as a lottery.  I can't even get anyone at ticketmaster to answer my question about the verified fan program.  I'm waiting to see if I get "waitlisted" for the general sale again.

When should I expect my access code?

If randomly selected, you will receive an access code via text message 2-4 hours prior to the sale. Please note, tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

The first message(s) will include timing details and a link to where you can purchase your tickets, immediately followed by another text containing your unique access code.

• Subscriber

I'm sorry, but I've been a fan for 30 plus years - I've traveled extensively to go to shows, etc., and for the absolute first time I feel hosed by this band - I didn't use my JT presale codes, but had to renew a subscription that was nowhere near expiring in order to be entered into a "maybe you will get a presale code" lottery that absolutely was not explained clearly before I renewed??  (I STILL don't have my code for tomorrow btw but trying to remain hopeful it will show up!)  That, my dear U2 fan friend, is a hose job.

To also be fair to the band, I have never never gone wrong with waiting until the day before/day of the show for ticket drops, even to shows that I have traveled half way around the world for  - I've been following this band for too long and refuse to buy crap tickets if that is all that is available in a presale - and the tickets I get in the drops have always been phenomenal. Ended up first row numerous times this way.  So I don't worry if the presale doesn't work out, but it would be nice to at least know that I will be given a presale code.

Edited by kinsa