Update: U2 Manager Guy Oseary Responds To Fans' Concerns Over E+I Tour Pre-sales

• Subscriber
On 11/25/2017 at 9:48 AM, ESorensen said:

Here's the latest correspondence from U2.com Fan Support. I don't know what else I need to do to confirm I AM NOT A BOT, I AM NOT A SCALPER. I AM A REAL HUMAN FAN. Their response makes no sense. So tired of this nonsense: 

Thank you for reaching out to Fan Club Support. We sincerely apologize for the delay in responding, I will be glad to assist you.

I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. For this years presale not all paid subscribers received a code. The following information is located under HELP:

The verification process reviews U2.com subscriber accounts to identify and remove scalper and bot accounts, leaving the tickets to real human fans.

WOW !  that is one big F**king joke  & sad to see , I almost have to laugh that TicketM**ter who are the Biggest scalpers in the Game are allowed to shut people down that they are calling scalpers  & if among the Biggest bands like U2 are letting it happen , they are just laughing behind closed doors & counting all the Ca$h coming in , Only Real way to stop it is not go , if everyone stayed home the Magic would instantly happen , the Band would get right on it & all would be fair ............... that's just NOT going to happen , peopl will & do pay crazy prices , Not me ..........can't afford it & even if i could i wouldn't , I'll go to shows of bands that are not taking my wallet from me .

Taylor swift singed on to this same system & her tix go on sale in two weeks , that will NOT go well , TicektM**ter are sending out pre "interview surveys" to qualify people  they want to know how many tix you intend on buying , would you buy VIP , where do you WANT to sit & how much will you pay per seat .......  also they have a system with the more merch & albums you buy the "better your chances may be" in line for tix ..............this is only going to get worse ....

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, unforgettableu2 said:

Yes...you are a awesome Fan....Mano....

Thanks.  I needed that.

20 hours ago, unforgettableu2 said:

. I have kids/school issues....and a limited potential amount  of tickets. I would love to bring them all, even my youngest.....but, will I even get 2 GA's tomorrow in the presale?

Did you get any GAs?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, chaz said:

who the hell still uses a Blackberry?

If I had it my way, all phones would still be hanging on the wall, no screens would be in my face at shows and I would not have to worry about leaving my phone sitting somewhere.  I'm being honest, but also joking.  I couldn't care less about carrying around a device that keeps me connected to the world.  When I go out my front door, I am in the world.  My computer is ten years old or so.  My phone was ancient, but I lost it which was unfortunate because I had to shell out two hundred bucks for a new one.  I then proceeded to drop the new one in the toilet.  No bs. Yes, I am a doofus and proud of it.  Luckily, it was water resistant, because it's okay.  I hate cell phones. but that is me.  I realize a lot of people need them.  It was rather poetic, for me, that it went in the toilet.  I was happy that I had just cleaned said toilet.  I'd still use a Blackberry if I had bought one back in the day. If it ain't broke why replace it?  Again, I'm being honest but joking. I was critical of Guy yesterday.  I feel a need to defend him on this.   :)

Edited by Manohlive
  • Subscriber
45 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Thanks.  I needed that.

Did you get any GAs?

I did....Man.....thanks for asking.

I was very lucky....because I don't know how. I actually got them despite all the technical problems/lack of GA availability ..it was like stigmata.....:)

What about you....and your current emotional status on this whole ticket process? I know its not easy to 'accept' how things have transpired. I probably wouldn't be so rational now, if I wasn't graced today....and I feel very grateful. But, I know how it feels to be empty handed or feel slighted in some way.

Edited by unforgettableu2
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, unforgettableu2 said:

I did....Man.....thanks for asking.

I was very lucky....because I don't know how. I actually got them despite all the technical problems/lack of GA availability ..it was like stigmata.....:)

What about you....and your current emotional status on this whole ticket process? I know its not easy to 'accept' how things have transpired. I probably wouldn't be so rational now, if I wasn't graced today....and I feel very grateful. But, I know how it feels to be empty handed or feel slighted in some way.

I bought seats for $76 in last week's presale.  I was not eligible for this presale, unfortunately.   I'm am very happy you got yours!

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I bought seats for $76 in last week's presale.  I was not eligible for this presale, unfortunately.   I'm am very happy you got yours!

I know man....I remember you telling me. I'm really sorry You didn't have a chance to get GA this 2nd time around. Honestly, I didn't think I was either.....because of all the multi-factoral issues. Thanks for being happy for me...like I stated before...you are a awesome fan....true fan. I believe what comes around, goes around....you will have your day of luck....I believe. At least you got tickets,,,,and the 1st time around....that is pretty fortunate....considering all the circumstances.

7 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, unforgettableu2 said:

Thanks for being happy for me...like I stated before...you are a awesome fan....true fan. I believe what comes around, goes around....you will have your day of luck....I believe. At least you got tickets,,,,and the 1st time around....that is pretty fortunate....considering all the circumstances.

There is no need to thank me, however; you are most welcome.  Just once, I want to be up front for U2 and feel that pounding through my chest.  I'll keep checking and hopefully get GA for Chicago on May 23.  I'll check every day after the presales.  Maybe something will happen.  They usually release GAs closer to the show. With all the presale issues, they may not but I never give up and have hope. Thank you.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Subscriber
Just now, Manohlive said:

At least you got tickets,,,,and the 1st time around....that is pretty fortunate....considering all the circumstances.

I was very fortunate.  Max was very helpful, as he and the other mods have been this whole time.  How much sleep do you think they've gotten of late?  :)

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Jaimo said:

I really am struggling as to why the people that love U2 the most (the fans that have remained loyal to them and have continued to renew their fan club membership year after year-were only allotted 2 tickets????  I'm still scratching my head on this one.  I have been a fan club member since the Propaganda time period... 

It was always two tickets for indoor shows. I understand your frustration.  I was frustrated yesterday as I bought seats in the first presale and am not eligible for this one.  I badly wanted GAs for this tour.  Have you considered buying a single ticket in the regular sale?  Concerts are my drug.  I cannot get friends to go with me to many of them.  They think I'm nuts.  I often go alone because I need my fix.  I usually get a great seat because it's just a single ticket.  It's a gamble, but after the regular sale, you might try the box office of the venue and ask them if they could swap the tickets so all three of you could be together.  It is a gamble.  The worst case scenario is that one would sit by his or herself but once the lights go out and the music starts...it's still an awesome show and it would most likely be a fantastic seat.  Just a suggestion.  People who work in box offices are usually quite gracious when not being screamed at by someone.