Update: U2 Manager Guy Oseary Responds To Fans' Concerns Over E+I Tour Pre-sales

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

There is no need to thank me, however; you are most welcome.  Just once, I want to be up front for U2 and feel that pounding through my chest.  I'll keep checking and hopefully get GA for Chicago on May 23.  I'll check every day after the presales.  Maybe something will happen.  They usually release GAs closer to the show. With all the presale issues, they may not but I never give up and have hope. Thank you.

Yes...Man...don't give up...

As I told you, I am originally from Chicago....my most favorite place to see U2. Who knows they might add another show....for Chicago has had up to  4 or 5 shows. U2 loves Chicago....always on fire, when they play there.  Who knows...I've probably met/seen you before in the GA line. And yes, there is always tickets the day of....i've witnessed mostly by other fans. I'm so jealous you are seeing them in chicago....but yes.....GA/front row....is the most transcendent way to see a U2 concert......

My spirit will be with you!:)

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
On 11/23/2017 at 10:00 AM, slimtah said:

I am utterly disgusted at this point.  I got this email last night and I feel defeated.  I thought I had some glimmer of hope to get tickets for the additional dates.  I am basically being shut out of any opportunity of getting tickets. I have been a fan since Propaganda and have made sure I renew my membership.  They want to ensure that true fans get an opportunity to get tickets but I am seeing  tickets being sold for ridiculous prices on sites such as stub hub, seat geek, etc.  I thought I did everything right I renewed my subscription in September.  When I learned about this tour my set was complete and I got the innocence group which again I was ok with.  The Day of the presale anxious awaiting for a code and nothing.  I called & emailed and was told it was a lottery and I was not chosen.  The saw in a statement that U2 management stated there was no lottery.  Now I get this?!?!?  This is the first tour I may not be able to get a ticket and I have been a fan for years.  

230632BF-B55D-4EA5-9BE5-E858239B6542.thumb.png.c843ea0132f32714a49a01b6e4f0232f.png

I was able to get tickets for the second round of the presale.  I want to personally thank zootopia and the U2.com team.  I am hoping that all fan club members were able to get tickets as well.  I have to say that  this was the most stressful experience in getting tickets, but I am thankful.  I hope the band and team learns from this and makes the necessary changes to ensure that fans do not have to go through such turmoil in order to get tickets.  I wish everyone luck and I am looking forward to singing along with everyone....thanks again!!!!

• Subscriber

The fact of the matter is that the most stress and hassle free, time efficient way of getting tickets is to go through a scalper i.e. StubHub. I bought my GA tickets for LV through StubHub and ignored the text with my new presale code, not worth the time. I figure over next few years of not paying for a U2.com membership fees for me and my wife’s account it will easily cover the scalper markup. Ultimately, you’ve frustrated the fanbase turning getting tickets into the computer algorithmic equivalent of standing in line for bread in a communist country.  Well, capitalism just won. However, in the process you will have less engaged fans. 

Edited by neilz
  • Subscriber

Hi, I am writing to advise that I was told last night by U2.com that I have been identified as a scalper.  I have been a very long-time fan, back to Propaganda days.  I am devastated by this and humiliated.  I thought I was just "wait-listed" last week, but now to be told "there's nothing we can do?"  I've been paying for membership as long as I can recall.  This is hurtful beyond belief.  All because, I assume, that I HONESTLY, listed my actual address, phone number and credit card.  Which happen to be the same as my wife's.  Crazy right?  This definitely makes me a scalper.  Thanks so much for treating an uber fan this way. Way to go week 2 Guy and U2.com. 

• Community Manager
15 minutes ago, bpadrick said:

Hi, I am writing to advise that I was told last night by U2.com that I have been identified as a scalper.  I have been a very long-time fan, back to Propaganda days.  I am devastated by this and humiliated.  I thought I was just "wait-listed" last week, but now to be told "there's nothing we can do?"  I've been paying for membership as long as I can recall.  This is hurtful beyond belief.  All because, I assume, that I HONESTLY, listed my actual address, phone number and credit card.  Which happen to be the same as my wife's.  Crazy right?  This definitely makes me a scalper.  Thanks so much for treating an uber fan this way. Way to go week 2 Guy and U2.com. 

PM'd you from other thread

• Subscriber

No one has contacted me from U2.com to resolve my issue from the initial presale. I’ve emailed and called.  I posted multiple times in the other thread.

I cannot go to the new round of shows because they aren’t anywhere in my traveling range in May. Am I just supposed to be out of luck?

• Subscriber

Hi! I just wanted to know if U2 is planning to have a concert in Florida in 2018? The closest location to our place is Atlanta, GA, which is 15 hours drive one way.  I just do not want to use my one-time option of buying two tickets and then receive news that U2 added a concert in Florida :):):) Thank you!

• Community Moderator
38 minutes ago, Orkhan said:

Hi! I just wanted to know if U2 is planning to have a concert in Florida in 2018? The closest location to our place is Atlanta, GA, which is 15 hours drive one way.  I just do not want to use my one-time option of buying two tickets and then receive news that U2 added a concert in Florida :):):) Thank you!

We have no info for any additional shows at this point. 

• Subscriber

Can't even begin to describe how disappointed I am in the pre-sales process.  Not only was I downgraded to the "experience" group when I renewed (despite my longstanding membership) but I struggled to use my codes and ultimately when certain shows allowed me to enter, there were no GA tix left.  I'm discouraged nonetheless and struggle if any of these "checks and balances" benefit true fans.