Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Max Tsukino

Update: U2 Manager Guy Oseary Responds To Fans' Concerns Over E+I Tour Pre-sales

24 minutes ago, Madduxa4 said:

I was one of the subscribers that received the email and then had the oops email, only to get a code days later. U2.com contacted me Friday and when I called back, I was told I would not be getting tickets as I was not on the list....so I’m not sure what he is saying when he says they are trying to reach out to those people and get them tickets. The customer service was horrible. The CS agent was rude and had no information . Communication needs to be dramatically improved! 

While I applaud his taking the time to respond, I’m not very optimistic that they can make this right.

I think they *can* make it right, but they *won't* make it right. They're making too much money off of this. Oseary gave a non-apology.

11 minutes ago, TheLoungeFLy said:

He's right.  Everyone thinks the iNNOCENCE group was the only group that got slighted.  I'm an eXPERIENCE and couldn't get GA tickets.  The next step up was either $100+ obstructed/limited view seats or $300+ tickets.  That's not much of an alternative.  100% of the GA tickets should have been available for eXPERIENCE members and whatever was left goes to everyone else.

It seems like both eXPERIENCE  and iNNOCENCE group members were not able to get GA tickets, with the exception of a small pool.  I don't know how many GAs are available, but where did they all go?  Were they all sold during one of the presales?

11 minutes ago, TheLoungeFLy said:

He's right.  Everyone thinks the iNNOCENCE group was the only group that got slighted.  I'm an eXPERIENCE and couldn't get GA tickets.  The next step up was either $100+ obstructed/limited view seats or $300+ tickets.  That's not much of an alternative.  100% of the GA tickets should have been available for eXPERIENCE members and whatever was left goes to everyone else.

1 hour ago, Max Tsukino said:

I really value the wisdom and insight that the group of you have brought to this process and would like to suggest that through John we set up a mechanism so that every so often we can convene around a band-related subject. Maybe we can get your take on a new idea or fans can offer their thoughts/suggestions on a route management might like to consider. It would be good if something positive came out of this - and thanks again for your support for the band.

Sincerely, guy
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T 

Thank you Max for sharing.  It seems like our issue made it all the way up to Guy.  Assuming that he is a very busy man, would it be foolish to assume that this issue will not likely me solved by him/band mgmt/U.com/TM/LN in time for the round of sales?  My guess is this is probably a more complicated issue that would require some time to fix.  I'll leave that to the experts, but it seems like the solution that has been created is the same as before: presale codes, text messages and emails.

Thanks to all of you who took up our cause and continue the fight. 

What about  those subscribers who panicked and used their codes on inferior tickets just to make sure we got in the door. Now second shows are announced and our codes are no longer any good. If Guy wants to make it right he can take back these $110 seats behind the stage and give people another shot at the second shows. 

Thanks again for for all your efforts. 

Regarding Guy's comments.... confusing. Here's my story:

I registered and received green SETUP COMPLETE. I received no presale code.. I apparently still am not verified. What more do I need to do help mgt and this programming system know that I AM NOT A BOT. I AM NOT A SCALPER. I am a human being, genuine fan and I DESERVE TO BE VERIFIED. According to Guy the only reason I'm not verified is b/c the system think I'm not human, a broker, or a scalper. This is unacceptable. I've sent several emails to TM and U2.com - what more does it take!! In my case Guys comments below feel very empty and I have little to no trust I will be verified for this round of 2nd shows.

"Once a subscriber has filled out the verification details and the Setup Complete form turns GREEN, the verification process kicks in and as soon as someone is verified they are automatically emailed. Subscribers are sent emails confirming verification status the night before presales begin. Everyone verified gets the presale code, it’s not a lottery"

Awesome work by a brilliant group well done guys. So for me it appears that the on the 4 occasions I have called customer service I have been told information that is 100% untrue. Guy says they are working to resolve people in my situation. He doesn't clarify how we should do this  

52 minutes ago, mike7man said:

Unfortunately, the original fan letter didn't mention (or only briefly and to a minor degree) one key additional issue:  That the u2.com presale allotment (I'm not talking about the ticket limit)--that is, the actual number (and quality, if seats) of presale tickets was markedly smaller than in previous tours.  This went beyond the iNNOCENCE folks basically having no chance at GAs--many eXPERIENCE folks couldn't obtain GAs either.  And the presale seats in general were clearly inferior.

That is, there were two major sets of issues/problems:

1)  Folks not getting codes, getting codes late, getting the "oops--you're not verified" thing, etc.  Basically, code screw-ups.  AND

2)  The SIZE and QUALITY of the u2.com presale allotment, which was apparently markedly smaller and inferior to past tours (for both Experience and Innocence groups).  And, as the letter does say, the 2 ticket vs. 4 ticket (for citi folks) ticket limit disparity.

The fan letter to Oseary says a lot about #1; very little about #2 (except regarding the Innocence group).

Mike7man.....

Yes!!!! absolutely true to everything you have stated. Except......I received all three codes, had a one shot at the citi/U2 presale...had  4 GA tickets, got locked out for 15 mintues & then kicked off. Others had similar experiences as I. I had zero opportunity with U2 presale....I mean ZERO.....to get GA tickets. Only tickets offered was inferior or expensive.....

I think there was a whole host of issues that complicated the process.....like I've never witnessed or experienced before in 34 years being a fan.

9 minutes ago, ESorensen said:

Regarding Guy's comments.... confusing. Here's my story:

I registered and received green SETUP COMPLETE. I received no presale code.. I apparently still am not verified. What more do I need to do help mgt and this programming system know that I AM NOT A BOT. I AM NOT A SCALPER. I am a human being, genuine fan and I DESERVE TO BE VERIFIED. According to Guy the only reason I'm not verified is b/c the system think I'm not human, a broker, or a scalper. This is unacceptable. I've sent several emails to TM and U2.com - what more does it take!! In my case Guys comments below feel very empty and I have little to no trust I will be verified for this round of 2nd shows.

"Once a subscriber has filled out the verification details and the Setup Complete form turns GREEN, the verification process kicks in and as soon as someone is verified they are automatically emailed. Subscribers are sent emails confirming verification status the night before presales begin. Everyone verified gets the presale code, it’s not a lottery"

i received email,  texted all three codes, green light/box.....confirmation. I never got GA.