Update: U2 Manager Guy Oseary Responds To Fans' Concerns Over E+I Tour Pre-sales

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, malaboo said:

There is a distinction between couldn't obtain tickets and couldn't obtain the tickets you wanted. There is NO guarantee that whatever tickets you want (most people here seem to want GA's) will be offered to you. I'm sure there were some tickets offered to you, just not the tickets you wanted.

This is true Malaboo...for a fraction of the time, I was offered 320+ tickets/behind stage first round, 0% GA. for U2 presale, .Citi U2 presale.....1st round had 4 GA's locked out/waiting for processing.....then frozen.....then absolute crap offered or high end tickets. 1st round verified tickets presale(before general sale. 0% opportunity for GA...and 0% for even crap. Ironically...I was sent codes for all three,too.

2nd round.....

1 day....U2 personally e-mailed me a new code.....and after 25 messed up complications....freezes.....errors.....rejecting the code ect.....

I finally Got 2 GA. And I still don't know how????????????? It was a existential experience......:Zoo_Angel:

2nd round Citi presale 0% for ANYTHING....let alone GA's. ERrors......try later ect......when I finally could get through.....it would work for a bout a few trys...and I would get errors....can't process requests ect. 

Ditto for presale before general sale.....

But, yes.... Malaboo...If I wanted tickets...eventually, I could purchase 320 and above, bleeders.....or behind the stage with obstructed views.....

Edited by unforgettableu2
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, unforgettableu2 said:

bgans...

I had no idea about the past/current issues with ticketmaster verified fan. 

I read that U2 was the first to do verified fan on the 'arena' level.....what ever that process entails....I have no clue :huh:

This verified ticket experience has been a game of Russian Roulette......:blink:

But, really when you go back in history.....I mean even way back....obtaining U2 tickets has never been easy....at least for me.

What does perplex my mind....is how the hell the scalpers got them anyway.....

INSIDE JOB....always has been....who you know.....especially when huge corporations are involved....like CITI CARD. I'm a CITI Card member....and I still couldn't obtain tickets via both presales...

WTF?????

Anyone else note that the tour is "Powered by Salesforce" or something such. I remember for the Ie tour, there was a special pick-up window for Salesforce at the box office at MSG. Perhaps that's a place that numbers of MSG GAs went??

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, nodevotion said:

Anyone else note that the tour is "Powered by Salesforce" or something such. I remember for the Ie tour, there was a special pick-up window for Salesforce at the box office at MSG. Perhaps that's a place that numbers of MSG GAs went??

I'm not sure nodevotion.....But, the GA's went somewhere.....mysteriously....*****cough**** ****Cough*****

But u2 tickets have always been a very difficult endeavor for me....through out my 34 years of seeing their various concerts.

I can't recall one easy time I had....well, maybe for unforgettable fire.

All the rest of them.....was not an easy task. But, by far.....this has been the most obtuse experience.

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, unforgettableu2 said:

This is true Malaboo...for a fraction of the time, I was offered 320+ tickets/behind stage first round, 0% GA. for U2 presale, .Citi U2 presale.....1st round had 4 GA's locked out/waiting for processing.....then frozen.....then absolute crap offered or high end tickets. 1st round verified tickets presale(before general sale. 0% opportunity for GA...and 0% for even crap. Ironically...I was sent codes for all three,too.

2nd round.....

1 day....U2 personally e-mailed me a new code.....and after 25 messed up complications....freezes.....errors.....rejecting the code ect.....

I finally Got 2 GA. And I still don't know how????????????? It was a existential experience......:Zoo_Angel:

2nd round Citi presale 0% for ANYTHING....let alone GA's. ERrors......try later ect......when I finally could get through.....it would work for a bout a few trys...and I would get errors....can't process requests ect. 

Ditto for presale before general sale.....

But, yes.... Malaboo...If I wanted tickets...eventually, I could purchase 320 and above, bleeders.....or behind the stage with obstructed views.....

Similar to what happened to me. I still feel like there is a class action lawsuit somewhere in here for a bait and switch and false advertising.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Manos73 said:

Similar to what happened to me. I still feel like there is a class action lawsuit somewhere in here for a bait and switch and false advertising.

Manos.....

Not sure what happened....but, all I know it was one the biggest mind f**K ever....just to get concert tickets. If it was any other band, but U2....I wouldn't have even bothered after the serial problems that kept manifesting/occurring.

I'd pretty much put up with anything U2 does.....they are like 'family' to me because they've been in my life sooooo long......and sometimes family members piss you off...but you still love them.:u2-1383:

• Subscriber

Here’s what I find ironic.  With all the hoopla about the verified fan process curtailing bots and scalpers, this is the first time in almost 30 years of attending u2 concerts that I’ve ever had to consider buying scalped tickets.  

I tried for every single show as well as the added second shows and I did not receive one crack at a general sale code.  I’m obviously on a scalper watch list (along with my wife) even though we have never resold tickets in our lives and have attended close to 30 shows over the years.  

At this point I’m more bewildered than angry.  Mostly I just feel sad.  I am so discouraged that I’m  actually finding it hard to listen to the new album.  Which is a shame because it is clearly amazing.

Edited by rlink
  • Subscriber
On 12/4/2017 at 5:53 PM, nodevotion said:

I have followed U2 all over the world for 25+ years, but I have to say that they now do seem to some extent at least to be under the thumb of a HUGE contact with Live Nation, one in all with Ticketmaster. Perhaps Ed Sheeran is not?

I was wondering the exact same thing.  I love Ed Sheeran's music.  U2 is definitely under the thumb of the behemoth that is TM/LN.  I thought then, and still do think it was a bad move.  I don't like it.  I'm not an internationally known and in demand rock star so who knows why they made the move of signing that contract with TM/LN.   I wish they would do the CC only entry.  It seemed much simpler.

• Subscriber
On 12/5/2017 at 7:01 PM, unforgettableu2 said:

Could be Mano.....but, I thought U2 was the first to attempt this verified fan/code/fan club thing?????? Educate me if I am wrong....

U2 loves to experiment and try new technology....I really love that they are risk takers/pioneering in so many ways.

Often they fail at these "firsts" and eventually learn from these NEW/experimental approaches......they pave the way for others...through their trials/errors.

I was unclear due to a missed word.  I meant perhaps Elton John steered him clear of the mess.  I heard he will not allow TM to let people resell tix on their site and that he will not allow tix to be sold by secondary markets. I agree completely with your assessment that U2 paves the way and falls while doing it only to rise again.

• Subscriber
Just now, Manohlive said:

I was unclear due to a missed word.  I meant perhaps Elton John steered him clear of the mess.  I heard he will not allow TM to let people resell tix on their site and that he will not allow tix to be sold by secondary markets. I agree completely with your assessment that U2 paves the way and falls while doing it only to rise again.

I do not know if U2 are the first.  I've read conflicting things.  I did read in a reliable article that U2 was the first major act to do the verified ticket for an entire tour.  You'll have to take it from that.  It's sad this happened.  It's pathetic that U2.com people cannot get tix yet others can scalp tix on the very same ticketing agency...TM.  It seems sketchy to me.  I' making no accusations but something does not seem right with TM in this presale because people are clearly getting tickets and it's not fan club members scalping them on TM the very same day of the presale.  That is wrong no matter how they spin it.

• Subscriber
On 12/6/2017 at 10:28 AM, Manos73 said:

Richest in the world is just a way of referencing them as super rich. If they aren't exactly the richest, It doesn't matter, they might as well be. I've 3x requested a refund and never more than an automated reply.

I'm sorry for how I reacted to your comment.  I sound like an ass in my dissertation.  I had a very bad headache and I was crabby.  You have every right to feel however you feel.  I was wrong and judgemental and VERY long winded in my response.  Please pardon me.  You are going to get the refund for the U2.com membership from what I can discern.  That's too bad.  It's really intense in here right now with the presales but there are a lot of really good people.  Perhaps you are getting an automated reply because they are so buried with the presales and will get to you eventually?  I don't know.  I'm guessing.  It sucks you are doing that after being shut out of the presale.  I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.  I'm not sure if you have ever seen U2 live...if not...keep checking for ticket dumps.  U2 is beyond sensational live.  They transcend.  I highly recommend trying to get a ticket or two for the show.  I keep saying this but they always release tickets as the show approaches.  I find the best time to look is between 2 am and 6 am but other times they release them too.  Again, I'm sorry for my comments.  I was being a jerk and did not intend it, however; I feel like an ass.  I'm sorry I wrote what I did.  I'm also sorry how I wrote it.  You have my sincere apology.

Edited by Manohlive