Update: U2 Manager Guy Oseary Responds To Fans' Concerns Over E+I Tour Pre-sales

Max Tsukino

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, unforgettableu2 said:

i received email,  texted all three codes, green light/box.....confirmation. I never got GA.

Ok, but in fairness, that may have been the case anyway. Remember, participation in the presale has NEVER been a guarantee that you will get GA, or any other ticket, for that matter. I truly wish we could separate the people who were really shafted - and I know there were many - from those who simply did not get GA. It is much tougher to get GA for the smaller arena shows, and that has always been the case. I realize some of that this time was the result of the incongruity with ticket limits, but I will address that under separate cover. 

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, CorkVegan said:

Typical management speak...

a great deal of talk about what should have happened but no effort to address what did happen.

To sum up his response, "Sorry to hear that you didn't get tickets. We just announced new dates so you can try again."

This wouldn't have happened when Paul McGuinness was steering the ship.

I had the exact same thought. I miss McGuiness!

• Subscriber

I am a little confused.  I thought you could ask for a refund if you didn't receive a code.  Honestly, I have two U2.com accounts and renewed them both on time.  I received both the "Congrats" email and then two hours later the "You are not getting a code" email.  That 2nd one said you could ask for a refund.  I recently received this email

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out, I’d be more than happy to see what we can do to help.

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately U2.com Subscriptions are nonrefundable per the terms and condition you agreed to upon purchasing your Subscription. Our apologies for any inconvenience.  

It’s been my pleasure to assist you, please let us know if you need anything else.

Sincerely,
Alejandro
U2.com Team

Am I missing something?  

• Subscriber

Many thanks and congratulations to the signatories of the open letter to the band; it was extremely well researched and written, and represents the fan base well in bringing very legitimate concerns to the fore. Had this been an actual petition, I would have signed it too! Frankly, the letter to management is more clearly and well written than the response from management. Some have already pointed out that management has outright dodged a couple of clear questions, and I think Biggirl hit the nail on the head when she dissected the response. Although I was one of the fortunate ones in Experience group who did get 2 GAs, I too, am very unhappy with the clear dichotomy posed by the fact that we were limited to 2 tickets while Citi bank holders were limited to 4. I completely agree that this has especially shut out families - we have in the past brought our 2 children with us, and therefore required 4 GAs. The only reason that didn't impact me this time is that we are having to travel hours out of our way to see a show, as there is none in Toronto, and that is too expensive an undertaking to bring my kids, who also can't afford the time off work in the summer for that length of a trip. I am still hoping that part will be rectified by the time a second leg is announced that may include Toronto. 

It is likely that some of Guy's "non-answer" is related to contractual stuff, and also likely that this includes non-disclosure, meaning he cannot actually come out and say that they have shaken hands with the devil that is Live Nation/Ticketmaster. I truly hope that the band, once this contract expires, is more careful in future.

Again, congratulations and THANK YOU to the signatories for representing the fans so well!

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, edgebenson said:

I have two U2.com accounts and renewed them both on time.  I received both the "Congrats" email and then two hours later the "You are not getting a code" email.  That 2nd one said you could ask for a refund.  I recently received this email

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out, I’d be more than happy to see what we can do to help.

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately U2.com Subscriptions are nonrefundable per the terms and condition you agreed to upon purchasing your Subscription. Our apologies for any inconvenience.  

It’s been my pleasure to assist you, please let us know if you need anything else.

Sincerely,
Alejandro
U2.com Team

Am I missing something?  

If both the accounts are under your name or any data is in common you broke the rules and this might be the reason for not getting the code 

Send them back the mail offering the reimbursement

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, monica martino said:

If both the accounts are under your name or any data is in common you broke the rules and this might be the reason for not getting the code 

Send them back the mail offering the reimbursement

Sorry, no rules broken here.  I have had these two accounts for over 10 years and U2.com has never said you can't have two accounts.  I am sure there are many of us that have two or more accounts so you can get Presale tickets for multiple shows.  Why would they take my money each year if I was breaking any rules?  

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, edgebenson said:

Sorry, no rules broken here.  I have had these two accounts for over 10 years and U2.com has never said you can't have two accounts.  I am sure there are many of us that have two or more accounts so you can get Presale tickets for multiple shows.  Why would they take my money each year if I was breaking any rules?  

Perhaps not actually breaking any rules BUT, you may be one of the people contributing to the problem. What if everyone decided to have multiple accounts so that they could get more tickets? Perhaps one account per person should be a rule if it is not already.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tracy M said:

Perhaps not actually breaking any rules BUT, you may be one of the people contributing to the problem. What if everyone decided to have multiple accounts so that they could get more tickets? Perhaps one account per person should be a rule if it is not already.

ok, fair enough, I will go in and cancel that 2nd account.  I don't want people to think that I am the problem.  I have too much invested in this band.  

• Subscriber

Ok, just went into that 2nd account and it's under my wife's name so that is probably why the let me renew.  Honestly, I totally agree that you should only have one account and U2.com should put that in the Terms and Conditions.  For example, only one account per address or phone number, etc.  I would have to put part of blame as well on U2.com for letting households set up multiple accounts.  All I want is two freaking tickets to either Philly show.  Hopefully, we all get the tickets we want in 2nd round.  

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, edgebenson said:

ok, fair enough, I will go in and cancel that 2nd account.  I don't want people to think that I am the problem.  I have too much invested in this band.  

it's in the Terms & Conditions, one account per person. if you had multiple accounts then you have an unfair advantage over others and it is logical to see why the algorithm didn't issue a code. It's the reason an algorithm was instituted this time around ... I'm sure you meant no disrespect, just giving you some information from the site:

"We will grant only one membership per person. If we determine that a single person has joined (or attempted to join) more than once, or if we receive multiple membership applications from a single and/or cluster of e-mail addresses verified to single person, we may cancel all applicable memberships and invalidate any tickets purchase via the membership(s)."