U2 songs of experience your possible setlist

• Subscriber

I really hope they play Every Breaking Wave with the full band.  As much as I liked the stripped down piano version, this is one of my favorites off SOI and I'd love to hear it loud...with DRUMS AND BASS and that guitar going chug chug chug.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The blackout  American soul Red flag day zoo station the fly sunday Bloody Sunday Desire (acoustic) angel of Harlem (acoustic) Stay Lights of home Sum

I really hope they play Every Breaking Wave with the full band.  As much as I liked the stripped down piano version, this is one of my favorites off SOI and I'd love to hear it loud...with DRUMS AND B

PLEASE, NO...not Stuck in a Moment!!

• Subscriber

Thematically, they should put Rejoice in the set list as it's the early edition of Bono's "joy as an act of defiance."  I was thinking about that song today after the initial scare of the pipe bomb that went off in Times Square.  I hadn't heard about the explosion because I had the holiday music station no instead of the news.  A coworker called me to let me know about it, and he just sounded so shaken up.  Arrived at work to see the surveillance video online of a person in a crowd, just sort of going "poof".  Crazy.  No one was killed, but there were injuries.  The bomb went off early.   That guy woke up this morning and tied a pipe bomb to his chest.  But what am I supposed to do?

• Subscriber
On 12/11/2017 at 12:06 PM, DeirdreBell said:

I really hope they play Every Breaking Wave with the full band.  As much as I liked the stripped down piano version, this is one of my favorites off SOI and I'd love to hear it loud...with DRUMS AND BASS and that guitar going chug chug chug.  

I could see "Summer of Love," taking that spot. Just Bono with Edge on acoustic guitar.

A full band "Every Breaking Wave," would be a treat though if they could find room for it.

• Subscriber
On 12/4/2017 at 3:18 AM, CorkVegan said:

Vertigo, Elevation & Beautiful Day

Yes, please give these a rest. I also really dislike "Sweetest Thing" - sorry, Ali. :P I think Ali is totally cool, though!

Personally, I've never been lucky enough to hear "40" or "All I Want Is You" (I've seen 16 live shows since 1997). I'd really love to hear one or both of those.

• Subscriber

New Year's Day was one of the major highlights of The Joshua Tree tour for me this summer, so I'd love to hear it again. Was gutted not to hear A Sort of Homecoming so would very much like them to play that one. Agree that the setlist could do without Beautiful Day, Elevation and Vertigo this time round. I reckon Lights of Home would work well in the same area of the setlist that Iris/Cedarwood Road occupied on I&E. Plus, they HAVE to play The Little Things. It'll be so much better this time than on The Joshua Tree tour because everyone will actually know the song!

• Subscriber

American Soul

You're The Best Thing About Me

Even Better Than The Real Thing (Fish Out Of Water mix)

Mysterious Ways

Get Out Of Your Own Way

Summer Of Love

Miracle Of Joey Ramone

California

Another Time Another Place

Bullet The Blue Sky

Lights of Home

Desire (ZooTV version)

A Sort Of Homecoming

One

Where The Streets Have No Name

--------

The Blackout

With Or Without You

Mofo

Love Is All We Have Left

The Little Things That Give You Away

• Subscriber
  • Full arena lights on, Living on a Thin Line (The Kinks) as intro music, waiting for the band to come on, at end of song kill the lights)
  • love is all we have left (lights go out, arena is completely dark, band is on stage but we can't see them, Bono is singing)
  • you're the best thing about me
  • the blackout
  • until the end of the world
  • gloria
  • red flag day
  • new year's day
  • lights of home
  • city of blinding lights
  • get out of your own way
  • american soul
  • the fly (lady with the spinning head snippet) then back into the fly
  • acrobat
  • desire (full band)
  • down to the b-stage (arena is black, freedom for my people is playing)
  • summer of love (b stage)
  • the little things that give you away (b stage)
  • bad (starts on b stage, band moves back to main stage)
  • where the streets have no name
  • with or without you
  • band leaves for short break
  • please/sunday bloody sunday (transition at part where sbs drum fills enter please single)
  • i will follow
  • vertigo
  • one (hear us coming lord)
  • lights come up, wake up dead man plays in background