U2 songs of experience your possible setlist

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The blackout  American soul Red flag day zoo station the fly sunday Bloody Sunday Desire (acoustic) angel of Harlem (acoustic) Stay Lights of home Sum

I really hope they play Every Breaking Wave with the full band.  As much as I liked the stripped down piano version, this is one of my favorites off SOI and I'd love to hear it loud...with DRUMS AND B

PLEASE, NO...not Stuck in a Moment!!

• Subscriber

Having seen multiple U2 concerts every tour for 30+ years, and putting a little thought into it, here's my dream setlist (in  order!) for the upcoming Tour.

Setlist: The Blackout / American Soul / Until the End of the World / Unknown Caller / Gone / Desire / Ordinary Love / Vertigo / Please / Electric Co / Angel of Harlem / Beautiful Day / Gloria / Bad / You’re the Best Thing About Me / Elevation / Breathe / Walk On.

Encores: Get Out of Your Own Way / Where the Streets Have No Name / Kite / The Fly / Lights of Home / Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

Thought process: Six songs from the new album. Dust off two great songs each from NLOTH, Pop, and Rattle & Hum. Add in Gloria, Walk On, Kite, The Fly and Until the End of the World. I'd argue Until the End of The World competes with Streets for best live u2 song. When that song was the third song in the setlist in the All That You Can't Leave Behind Tour, the audience was in a frenzy the rest of the night every time. Only two Joshua Tree songs but the band is just coming off the tour playing the whole album.  if the band wants to mix it up, they could substitute in Staring at the Sun for Please occasionally, or Mysterious Ways for The Fly, I Will Follow for Electric Co, One for Still Haven't Found, for example.  Ready to rock in 2018!

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, sykoo_us said:

Having seen multiple U2 concerts every tour for 30+ years, and putting a little thought into it, here's my dream setlist (in  order!) for the upcoming Tour.

Setlist: The Blackout / American Soul / Until the End of the World / Unknown Caller / Gone / Desire / Ordinary Love / Vertigo / Please / Electric Co / Angel of Harlem / Beautiful Day / Gloria / Bad / You’re the Best Thing About Me / Elevation / Breathe / Walk On.

Encores: Get Out of Your Own Way / Where the Streets Have No Name / Kite / The Fly / Lights of Home / Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

Thought process: Six songs from the new album. Dust off two great songs each from NLOTH, Pop, and Rattle & Hum. Add in Gloria, Walk On, Kite, The Fly and Until the End of the World. I'd argue Until the End of The World competes with Streets for best live u2 song. When that song was the third song in the setlist in the All That You Can't Leave Behind Tour, the audience was in a frenzy the rest of the night every time. Only two Joshua Tree songs but the band is just coming off the tour playing the whole album.  if the band wants to mix it up, they could substitute in Staring at the Sun for Please occasionally, or Mysterious Ways for The Fly, I Will Follow for Electric Co, One for Still Haven't Found, for example.  Ready to rock in 2018!

That would be a bold setlist! No WOWY (one can hope) or Pride is hard to imagine. Two off NLOTH and Pop!?!? Don't see that happening.

I would LOVE to hear Electric Co and Gloria on the same night.

I think the JT30 tour def makes the setlist predictions a little more fun. I could get by with them dropping ISHFWILF as well. Given the ticket-price on this tour I don't think there will be a lot of people who are there just to check out U2. Probably a fair assumption that most of the people going to E&I will have been at one of the JT30 shows.

• Subscriber

Thanks for the commentary EnriqueDiaz!   if they drop ISHFWILF and add in Pride, are u good to go??   Or A Sort of Homecoming?  I played around listening to the setlist so each song flowed nicely and consistent with prior tour structures, but sounding fresh by mixing in some good songs from Pop, Rattle & Hum and NLOTH. We just did an all-greatest hits tour with the Joshua Tree 30th Tour, now time to dust off a lot of fan favs for this one!   One thing is for sure, the best opening pair of songs would be The Blackout into American Soul - must happen.

• Subscriber
On 12/19/2017 at 11:17 AM, sykoo_us said:

Thanks for the commentary EnriqueDiaz!   if they drop ISHFWILF and add in Pride, are u good to go??  

One thing is for sure, the best opening pair of songs would be The Blackout into American Soul - must happen.

That swap would work for me!!

I don't know about those two opening - too much fuzzy guitar ;) Seriously, though, I think American Soul will be more of a centre-piece song on this tour (even though I find the lyric lazy and tiresome.)

I was fortunate enough to catch A Sort of Homecoming twice on the last tour. It might work better in a smaller space where - possibly - most of the fans are pretty hardcore (I'm just going on the serious money these tickets are costing us.) Such a great song.

And I hope SoI is represented by a song other than The Miracle. Iris is still a moving song for me, and Raised by Wolves is a good rocker. And I love the stripped down EBW - I think it is a great song for highlighted Bono's vocals.

• Subscriber

Well the All That You Can't Leave Behind Tour started with Elevation --> Beautiful Day.  That was a great pair - and Beautiful Day is obviously a centre-piece kind of song. I think The Blackout --> American Soul in terms of lyrics, energy, etc would really get the audience rocking from the get-go. We shall see!

• Subscriber

So, summarizing comments so far, this tour will be for more hardcore fans (arena vs stadium, new album vs Joshua Tree), and some of the songs people want brought back are Gloria, A Sort of Homecoming, Kite. Beyond that there's minor differences of opinion!  Here's my version 2.0 incorporating comments (then i'll stop!):

Setlist: The Blackout / American Soul / Until The End of the World / Unknown Caller / Gone / Desire / Ordinary Love / Elevation / Vertigo / You're the Best Thing About Me / Gloria / Angel of Harlem / Beautiful Day / Last night on Earth / The Electric Co / Bad / Breathe / Walk On

Encores: Get Out of Your Own Way / Where the Streets Have No Name / Kite / The Fly / Lights of Home / A Sort of Homecoming

Controversial Omissions: all of Joshua Tree except Streets, One, I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Year's Day. However, this setlist sounded fresh and exciting to me  - between the new album and bringing back some fan favs.

• Subscriber

lot of great thoughts on this thread... i DO think and hope they play a sort of homecoming every night- the way they resurrected bad every night jusring JT.

i'm wondering- 'love is all we have left'- will that be the 1st song, as the first song on the album-to not be played at a U2 concert? i just don't see it fitting in...

they'll play a bunch off soe-- certainly 'little thing that give u away', 'blackout', 'best thing about me', american soul (my vote for opener), and i see 'lights of home', 'get out of your own way', and 'love is bigger than anything...' (my vote for closing number). I'd bet they play a couple more too, anyone's guess from soe.... I doubt they revisit anything from soi. I think they'll leave joshua tree alone- im fine with that- but of course they'll play streets. Someone mentioned discotheque and i think that's a great call. Someone else mentioned 'whos gonna ride your wild horses' another great call. I'd personally love to hear 'trying to throw your arms around the world'...

I'd be fine if they did not play sunday bloody sunday, pride, with or without you, vertigo... so many gems i'd rather hear.

I'm also hoping the band brings folks to play onstage with them. I'm afraid this time it may be a piano player, but i play guitar. I was at NYC soi tour 2 rows back from b stage when bono walked towards my area looking for a guitar player. He turned around and then brought jimmy fallon onstage. Jimmy was more entertaining than i would have been. But i'm still hoping.

Best thing: my daughter fell in love with her first U2 song. I'm hoping to bring her to her first U2 concert.