'All the promises we made…'

U2Community

If you like movies AND U2 than you should see the movie "Contagion" with Matt Damon amongst others. At the end of this intense movie the song "All I Want is You" is played and the effect is chillingly beautiful. Ofcourse even without any movie this song is heavenly on its own. We have Van Dyke Parks to thank for the string arrangements which are admired by the u2 guys at the end of the song when they look and listen in admiration to the beautiful strings. What a great song. I dont think U2 will bring a full string orchestra on tour but this song lends itself so well for an acoustic version, like they did on the ZOO TV tour. Gorgeous song....goosebumps allover

Edited by bettydalton

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
On 12/8/2017 at 2:12 PM, Manohlive said:

same here, Omnivox.  I hope they put it into the setlist for the tour.  I'd try and find a reason that fits in with the tone of the new album/tour but it's such an amazing song that I feel no need.  I love Edge's guitar on it.  I think it's still my favorite piece of his guitar playing. 

They could record the orchestra like they did for RHMT and play it as the last song before the encore as they walk off stage. And definitely include Walk to the Water lyrics - YESSSS!

• Subscriber
Just now, allyson2008 said:

They could record the orchestra like they did for RHMT and play it as the last song before the encore as they walk off stage. And definitely include Walk to the Water lyrics - YESSSS!

Does anyone know what happened to the idiot that pelts Bono in the face with water while he's onstage singing this song on the U2 Go Home DVD? 

• Subscriber
On 10/12/2017 at 6:49 PM, Manohlive said:

Does anyone know what happened to the idiot that pelts Bono in the face with water while he's onstage singing this song on the U2 Go Home DVD?  

All I fuking want is you......

• Subscriber

All good, time to go rouge, evrthing we know will be lost as humans!!! We are ai before we understand what we really are the words we speak will be lost to digital perfection. Please u2 do a rebel album!  Let us rebel againt or past and future being ai and not really knowing we are only to have a future of ai perfection not allowing for human imperfection..  that is the fucked up future of humanity not trump bono, u can feel it but u are afraid, dont be!!!!  Ower inpeefection is why we exist!!

• Subscriber

Quick thoughts from the Canadian broadcast:

Love is Bigger.... - WOW. To my ears, this sounded far better than the album version (of which I am not a big fan.)

Would have much preferred more of the new (er) stuff.

WOWY - don't get too excited about the snippet.

Surprised by the very small amount of interview footage from Brazil.

It would be cool if there are different cuts of this show for the areas where it's being broadcast. Certainly the second BBC broadcast will be different as it is longer.

U2.com - a subscriber gift idea for 2018: a DVD which includes all of the songs performed at Abbey Road (omit the interview footage.)

• bigwave unfeatured this topic